Dersmikner
+147|6527|Texas
I am trying to get all these badges that I previously neglected, and have started getting them pretty easily. I'm down to the flying badges, the command badge, and this damned engineer/repair thing.

I am running around, riding around, and flying around like a moron and can't get the repair thing done.

Any advice on the best map/strategy to get 5 repair points in a game? I've tried Karkand on both sides, Gulf of Oman both sides, Sharqi both sides, and I can't get squat.

I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the good players. What should I do to get this badge?

Thanks,

Ders
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6537
for the repair badge, i simply played warlord, and there was some1 who kept blowing my commanders toys up, so sat there repairng!

as for commanding, high points karkand should do it, actually, a high points karkand could get u the repair too!

good luck
kkolodsick
+14|6696
I'm no good but 5 repair points can be gotten on pretty much every map.  I've found that on Kubra Dam if you're MEC/Chinese (forget which one, not US), a lot of times people keep blowing the assets in the back.  Be commander as engineer and keep repairing.  You won't get the points but you'll get the repairs.

Should also get your basic command, just make sure to win. 

Basic aviator is really just flying around for the time.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6581|The Land of Claywhore
If you can't or don't play SF,try a 64 player map like Fushee or Daqing Oilfields.Jet pilots love blowing up commander assets on the flying maps.And they have uncaps for both teams so you won't have to worry about being interrupted while trying to command.

Or like Canadianloser said,high point Karkand servers is the easiest way to get any award.

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-07-23 20:09:11)

jclutch21
+4|6557|Ashburn, VA
Dersmikner, like you, I've been going for specific badges and my play has improved.  My advice is to multi-task.  By that I mean, drive a Hummer, Vodnik or other non-armor as an Engineer and follow fellow APC/Tanks around.  Try to stay clear of enemy fire as best you can but you should be able to repair teammates quickly for the Basic badge.  Learn to quickly switch to the mounted gun and take out infantry.  Like the others have said about repairing commander toys...but do this while in a Hummer or Vodnik as you repair the toys faster than on foot.  You then are multi-tasking because you contribute to the repairs and mounted gun kills (which you don't have) but also global time in those vehicles for more advanced badges.  Good luck!
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6552|Little blue planet, milky way
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=30812

And remember to actually PLAY as engineer to get repair points. Also attempt to repair ANY vehicle near you even if it doesn't look damaged. Sometimes it is only slightly damaged, and this wont show up on your HUD.
Flonster
Karma Ratio whore
+178|6576|-removed you know why- mod

Dersmikner wrote:

I am trying to get all these badges that I previously neglected, and have started getting them pretty easily. I'm down to the flying badges, the command badge, and this damned engineer/repair thing.

I am running around, riding around, and flying around like a moron and can't get the repair thing done.

Any advice on the best map/strategy to get 5 repair points in a game? I've tried Karkand on both sides, Gulf of Oman both sides, Sharqi both sides, and I can't get squat.

I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the good players. What should I do to get this badge?

Thanks,

Ders
warlord got vet
Dersmikner
+147|6527|Texas
This is one tricky badge. I've gotten 100 kills damned near by accident, running around protecting myself on the way to a vehicle, and still haven't nailed down this repair badge.

I'm hoping to find a server where the bad guys blow all the arty and I can hide out, pop out, and fix the damned things.

This is getting frustrating as hell...
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6751|Indianapolis, IN
I just got my vet repair and it was on Karkand.  One person repeatedly would come down and blow up our stuff and I would lie in wait for it to be blown up then kill him and repair it.  I guess someone could call that stat-padding but he didn't have to keep coming.  So I got the badge in about 10 minutes.  I think I had nearly 20 repair points in that round.
JaMDuDe
+69|6806
The best way to get all the repair badges is to get a boat on fushe pass, and drive it straight into one of the dams so it flips. Then switch seats and start repairing. Each time you flip a boat u get about 2 repair points. Find a 64 player server with less than 30 people and its very easy. All noobs count this as stat padding so if your a noob you should just keep trying to repair artillery for another 6 months and maybe you can get lucky.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6719

JaMDuDe wrote:

The best way to get all the repair badges is to get a boat on fushe pass, and drive it straight into one of the dams so it flips. Then switch seats and start repairing. Each time you flip a boat u get about 2 repair points. Find a 64 player server with less than 30 people and its very easy. All noobs count this as stat padding so if your a noob you should just keep trying to repair artillery for another 6 months and maybe you can get lucky.
that is stat padding you retard
TXVeteran512
+16|6521
L0l
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6581|The Land of Claywhore

JaMDuDe wrote:

Enemy boat statpadder spotted!
Thetruereddevil
+5|6711
got my vet on mashtuur, with about half a ticket left...got the drumroll then it ended!....but yeah just as people have said pretty much....helps if you have an aggressive opposition who is really after blowing your assets, repair them all, then jump in a vehicle and follow others round....another vehicle has to have someone in it for it to count towards repair points so only repair vehicles with people actually in them! you can do it while commanding, or alternately squad up with some tank whore and repair away:) good luck dude

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard