THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6689

Kung Jew wrote:

TigrisJK wrote:

I'm thinking on a variation of this which I do pretty much for fun anyway on Warlord, which is to snipergolf with ziplines for travel. Mostly because you can get to almost every point (except the ones in the palace) by zipline on that map.
I'm not too sure as to the use of ziplines.  I'd venture to say that the SGA would frown upon the use of anything other than sniper issue combats as transportation.  Might have to take a 1 stroke penalty there.  Maybe an acception would be when your shot places you onto a building that doesn't have ladder access.  Of course, the caddy should be there to supply you with grappling hook for access.  But in the absence of a caddy, the use of a zipline could be acceptable. 

On a seperate note, I'd love to see someone attempt a nightcourse.  Nightflight, Leviathan, Devil's perch?  For the professional golfer, experts only eh?
I tried Devil's Perch last night. I have to say that my night game needs some polish, as at one point i got confused and played a shot in the wrong direction. There was a temptation to pretend it was a lost ball and take a drop but i decided that honour demanded I play the ball. After all that I was run over by another player in a golf buggy on the way. I'm really not pleased with the way some people rant around the course, completely oblivious to other golfers.
aussiepope
+0|6825|darwin australia
roflmao classic this is teh shit
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6775|Hamburg, Germany
Combat golf
JesterUk
+0|6666
This sounds like alot of fun and I will be giving this a go as soon as I have found a cady, now I am an amature golfer (snpier) with ony 1hr 24mins to my name, so this will be a challange to say the least.  I have 1 questune regarding cadies, are you allowed more than one or would the be unsporting?

Oh by the way your all BLOODY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JesterUk
+0|6666
I just had a game at the Ghost Town country club and got a double bogey on the first hole (South Bridge) Ting of at (SAS Stageing post) with TOG Atrayo as my cady. Just after I got to the flag a spetator ina golf buggy (APC) drove onto the green and ran me over, end of round
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
Haven't played at the Ghost CC yet. Where was the green?  Only 1:1 ratio, golfer to caddy.  At least I believe that to be the case.  Any comments Ted_Chang? 

By the by, nice to hear someone tried night golfing.  Pretty much have to be squad leader and spot a "Move to this coordinate" to remember where your shot went.  I'd like to try a par 3 Dragon Valley.  Pagoda on the hill (64 map) to the dock just north of you.  Use the "88" Iron or the "SVD" pitching wedge only.

Any golfers up to the task?

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-26 12:23:11)

nordicfireman
+7|6672
by walking at all times do you mean no sprinting, or just no riding in vehicles?
Barrakuda777
+86|6736|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
No sprinting, it is a gentlemans sport and it is unseemly to be running.

-TBH sniper golf is too damn hard, so i took up fishing instead......

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=12900

-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6728|Australia
make it a mod
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
Played at the plant the other nite.  USMC golf league.  Started at the western most cappable flag (with helo spawn point).  Teed off from the construction site. Took forever to find a shot cause of all the cart activity.  The green was the helipad inside the Chinese base.  Never made it, but got within the compound walls, halfway down the runway before I got blasted to pieces by no less than 3 spectators toting various forms of hardware.  I believe the eye-in-the-sky cameraman had something to say to me as well (in the form of a turret mounted chain gun).  Made it that far in 7 shots, with 3 attempts.

Keep the league alive!

KJ

PS Going fishin soon!
Joe Bolo
+0|6646
My idea of sniper golf.  I had a little fun with the Caddyshack soundtrack and some Battlefield 2 sounds.
Enjoy!
http://media.putfile.com/Sniper-Golf-with-Bill-Murray
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6654|Westminster, Colorado
This is the coolest thing I have heard of.  I think that once you've played the game for so many hours you need something to make it fresh.  I chose to go around knifing everyone I saw (Knives out!), but this will be a new challenge.  I am not a great sniper, but this will be on my list of new things to try.

Thanks for the swish ideas!

Now I just need a caddy that I trust.  Problem is all the clan mates I have are knife people, and I prob need a bit more help than that.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
Terrafirma - If I'm ever on when you are, find me and I'll caddy for you.  With the new and improved support caddy kit, I'm up for mowing down spectators with my finely tuned golf cart (the one with PKM written in above the racing stripes)

KJ
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6654|Westminster, Colorado
Heck yes man.  Can't get better than a caddie sporting a PKM.
BigDaddy83
+1|6714
I took up the course in the city of karkland the other day with my caddie, mhawk.  I tee'd off at the right arty zone, and made my way up the left side.  I was near the hotel after 3 strokes, but it was about that time that my caddie saw other people's loose balls lying around.  Being the polite person that he is, he left me to go help everyone secure their missing balls.  This unfortionatly lead me to being open to fan interference.  So much for a gentleman's game, the fans don't understand the meaning of the rope barrier seperating them from themselves and the golfer.  I was unable to complete the first hole, before the SGA decided to call the game on account of excessive gun fire.

I need to discuss with the SGA about procuring some "Silence" signs too, as the chatter and snapping of gun fire in the background can be quite distracting.

Can the pistol be considered a putter?  I feel that trying to use my 96A1 wood or 24 wood from a close distance would put me out of the green, and too far from the hole.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
I'd need to refer to the handbook, but I don't believe that using the "putter" would be illegal.  The usage of whatever tools you possess as a snolfer is allowed, with the exception of the grenades. (nobody replaces the divots)  It would be proper to note that the use of spectator barriers (ie claymores) is frowned upon in Tournament play, but legit. (especially in a scramble)

KJ

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard