I made this guide, because I saw many people asking questions around here about Mini Images, Daemon Tools, and the like.
First of All:
You know you hate putting in the CD for that game you want to play, because you’re so lazy, and refuse to move 5 feet from your chair. Here’s the quick, easy, legal solution.This tutorial is only for people who have purchased their copy of whatever game they want to make a mini-image of. So, do not use this tutorial if you do not own a copy of whatever game you’re making a mini-image of.
Alcohol 120% and Alcohol 52% are registered trademarks of Alcohol-Soft (http://www.alcohol-soft.com/).
DAEMON Tools is a registered trademark of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php)
At most this should take you 10 minutes.
What you need:
Any Version of Alcohol:This software will produce the mini image. This software isn’t freeware, so because you won’t be using it for long, just download the trial, or you can PM me if you want to “buy” it.
DAEMON Tools: This software is what will allow you to mount and run the mini image.
In my opinion the best image mounting software.
In order to make the mini Images:
1. Put your Disk One into your CD drive and open up whatever version of alcohol you downloaded
2. Once in Alcohol go to the ‘Image-making wizard’ Follow the steps they are self explanatory.
3. It should start reading the disk and making an image of it.
4. IMPORTANT STEP – After about 2-3 errors stop the scan. It will then ask you if you want to delete the uncompleted image files, click "No"
5. In the wizard you set a place where the image was saved to. Open up explorer and find your files. There should be 2 files one with a suffix .mds and one with a suffix .mdf, both are needed. If you like the spot where these are saved than leave them if not. Make another folder and move them to wherever you like. It’s a good idea to get them where you want before you run the image so you don’t run into problems down the road.
You are done producing the image! You are through the hardest part, you will soon be playing your favorite games without disk one!
In order to use the mini Images:
With DAEMON Tools installed on your machine Running or ‘Mounting’ the image take a matter of seconds.
1. If you haven’t already, make sure DAEMON tools if running. You will know this when there is an icon in your taskbar that is red and when hovering above it says DAEMON tools.
2. Right Click on this and go into Virtual CD/DVD Drive emulation. Then go down to set the number of drives. If you plan on doing this one more than one CD change it so it fits your needs.
3. Now in Virtual CD/DVD Drive emulation go to your Drive (Mine was called Drive G) and go to ‘Mount-Image’ Navigate to were you saved your mini-images and then double click on the one that shows up. There should only be one of your 2 files being shown (the one with a suffix of .mds)
Once it is mounted correctly a pop-up should appear with the contents of Disk-One. You are now done!
There you go!
Last edited by Gooners (2008-06-03 23:39:58)