c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6552|laguna beach, ca
play USI!  it's a bf2 mod that uses anti-air APC's and hummers just like in those pictures.  (sorry i don't memorize precise names, haha)
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6786|Idaho, USA / Age 30
OH and to the person that gave me the negative karma for posting to much in here what ever dude.  Isn't that what the forum is for.   

Oh yeah and go hide behind your negative karma, little kid.   What a coward!!!!  I bet you are one of those that will leave your buddies all high and dry in a firefight because your too scared!!!

So what if I am sitting here at work bored out of my mind while it is quiet.  WHO THE F*CK cares!!!

I can post all I want.  Why dont you go try searching some other threads and see how many times people posted in it.  OH wait I have another idea.  Go elsewhere if you don't like it.

Last edited by PFCStenzel (2006-06-22 21:30:01)

PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
OH yeah,  Here is the latest Karma from another one that has to hide behind the negative karma -

Today 09:07:06 -1 Mounted AA-A diffrent way   -   you're a newb, it takes skill to fly a heli, lots of it 

Just as much a newb as you are.   You are a newb for hiding behind your negative karma.   

I bet I could outfly you in a helo any day any time, you punk ass kid.
SniperF0x
+49|6517
They should replace the Dao-12 with a Stinger missle launcher.

And the MP7 with a RPG-7.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

For me personally, Id like to see some of these:

Bloodhound surface to air missiles.
https://www.picture-newsletter.com/missile/bloodhound-64_03.jpg

Although, I realise that one of these may be a little too big to place in your standard BF2 CP, so what about the Rapier Missile Unit?

https://www.defence.gov.au/talisman_sabre/images/gallery/20050629/20050627adf8237482_007.jpg

https://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Angleterre/Exhibition/Chelsea_Barracks_2005/pictures/Jernas_Rapier_Missile_ArmyRecognition_01.JPG

Now that would be a useful "stinger" site. Although, they are both used by the British Armoured services, so theyd have to be for EF only haha
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
Well here is the American verision of the Rapier -

https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/chaparral-dvic415.jpg

or this -

https://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/vulcan04.jpg

The second one is the -

M163A2 PIVADS Product Improvement Vulcan Air Defense System -

M168 gun system consisisting of 6 x 20mm barrels grouped on a geared motor, firing 3,000 rounds per min .
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6528|Carlsbad, CA, USA

Cohammer wrote:

since stingers are useless against fast movers, what about mounted AA that are like the mobile aa main guns, like a flak gun. I usually take a heli or jet down faster with the mobile main gun than the missles. Just caues flares do nothing
i shoot down fast movers all of the time with mounted aa, i die sometimes, but it is not that hard to do.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6649|Birmingham
this thread owns!!!

EA HAVE A READ OF THIS! i would love to see that LAV-AD its awesome!
rupertm
+0|6505
How about the anti tank kit, you get to choose between a shoulder launched anti tank round or a shoulder launched stinger.  Just like the gun selection.  I like flying the jets and Heli's but I also know what its like being on the ground helpless against them.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6623|New Hampshire, USA

PFCStenzel wrote:

I think they need to give the Anti-Tank class anti-air.   If you remember in Desert Combat the Anti-Tank class had shoulder fired Stingers.   It would be really helpful so the choppers are not always looking for the AA vehicles.
NO.  I stopped playing desert combat because of the stingers.  They took out any air vehicle in one hit and you couldnt do shit about it: no flares,  they were to fast to out manuver, you never knew they were coming, and they could be laucnched anywhere.  If you put stingers back, you may as well take planes out.  I can understand the plane whores suck, and the AA guns dont do jack shit, but if they put stingers in that were anything like the ones in desert combat, thre will be no point in flying anymore: no choppers, jets, nothing.  Stingers are permanently tarnished in my mind because of the shit they caused me in DC.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
-r3-anubis
+73|6529|florida
All the AA in the game is already bad enough! I can't stand AA. Anymore will just drive me insane.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

PFCStenzel wrote:

I think they need to give the Anti-Tank class anti-air.   If you remember in Desert Combat the Anti-Tank class had shoulder fired Stingers.   It would be really helpful so the choppers are not always looking for the AA vehicles.
NO.  I stopped playing desert combat because of the stingers.  They took out any air vehicle in one hit and you couldnt do shit about it: no flares,  they were to fast to out manuver, you never knew they were coming, and they could be laucnched anywhere.  If you put stingers back, you may as well take planes out.  I can understand the plane whores suck, and the AA guns dont do jack shit, but if they put stingers in that were anything like the ones in desert combat, thre will be no point in flying anymore: no choppers, jets, nothing.  Stingers are permanently tarnished in my mind because of the shit they caused me in DC.
Well that is your fault for not being a good pilot in DC now is it.   I worked the air just fine.   Maybe you should stick to ground pounding then.   I think the Stingers are great.  I think the LAV-AD is awesome.  I would love to see that thing in here instead of that stupid linebacker.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6704|Hong Kong, China
You mean the thing in your sig?
SOUPisPOWA
+1|6491|Ohio
i'd like to see not so much new vehicles and whatnot, but actually MORE aa sites on all the current maps.

it kinda sux capping flags with no aa arround.
oh, and the shoulder mounted aa stingers would be cool. good idea!
BandoIruka
+1|6486
The current AA vehicles need a radar for detecting planes and a computer for calculating lead for shooting fast movers. Call it lame to make the AA vehicle noob-friendly, but currently its the jets that are likely to win than the AA vehicle.

A suggestion for minor improvements so that its on an even footing, not overpowered to the point of being untouchable by any sort of aircraft.
DSRTurtle
+56|6678
If the current AA vehicles had a UAV that only detected Aircraft I would like it even more.  Since DICE fixed the AA missles where they work properly for the most part I don't have a problem being a Pilot or being on the ground.  The fixed AA sites suck against helos because they reload at the same time a helo's flares reload.  I have shot down helos with them but they are hard.  Against aircraft they are next to worthless. 

I think I have been shot 2 or 3 times by those fixed AA sites out of almost 50 hours of flying.  I've killed a lot more of those fixed AA sites.  Mobile AA does have the advantage of being mobile.  I love the Linebacker.  It works on everything including tanks if you catch the enemy tank sleeping.  It's great against infantry.  One round I went 14 -1 with the linebacker and then couldn't get it back because someone else it got first.
Fld_Mrsl_Arts
The Pain Train's Comin'
+19|6486|Scotland
damn i would love a stinger shoulder fired missile, because they had a similar thing in BFV, why did they take that out of BF2, it makes no sence, esspecially as there are far more air vehicles and it has increased air whoring.
BandoIruka
+1|6486
The problem is the simple shoulder mounted stinger would totally tip the scales over to one side too heavily. Making it freely available in a kit to everyone would remove a significant part of the game that is Battlefield 2, Jets & helicopters.

Seems DICE finds it more realistic for these flying things to cause endless misery to the lowly ground pounders than for every groundpounder to cause endless misery to the flying things

Last edited by BandoIruka (2006-07-24 05:34:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard