Announcement

Poll

Do you like the new sig / avatar changes?

Yes32%32% - 40
No58%58% - 72
Maybe so9%9% - 12
Total: 124
KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|6096

Miguel diaz wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

It's fine as it is right now. Jeff made a good decision.
theres 10 more no's than yes's and there have been plenty of good explanations why people don't like it. If your going to post could you please just explain why you think its a good idea?
Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
LT.Victim
Member
+1,175|5896|British Columbia, Canada

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

It's fine as it is right now. Jeff made a good decision.
theres 10 more no's than yes's and there have been plenty of good explanations why people don't like it. If your going to post could you please just explain why you think its a good idea?
Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
So then why do you support his decision, just because you are with him, or do you actually have good reason as to why the way it is now is better then it was before..


and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|6096

LT.Victim wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:


theres 10 more no's than yes's and there have been plenty of good explanations why people don't like it. If your going to post could you please just explain why you think its a good idea?
Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
So then why do you support his decision, just because you are with him, or do you actually have good reason as to why the way it is now is better then it was before..


and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
I turned off sigs and changed to avatars on my own forums and nobody had a problem with it... in fact the majority liked it! I've been surfing BF2s with sigs turned off for years now, and it makes for a much more pleasant experience. Avatars > giant sigs
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,410|6075|FUCK UBISOFT

LT.Victim wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:


theres 10 more no's than yes's and there have been plenty of good explanations why people don't like it. If your going to post could you please just explain why you think its a good idea?
Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
So then why do you support his decision, just because you are with him, or do you actually have good reason as to why the way it is now is better then it was before..


and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
because that was a minor change with a bunch of immature posters complaining about nothing.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6040|67.222.138.85

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

It's fine as it is right now. Jeff made a good decision.
theres 10 more no's than yes's and there have been plenty of good explanations why people don't like it. If your going to post could you please just explain why you think its a good idea?
Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
Everyone willingly (/me waves banstick menacingly) supports the decision, but that doesn't mean we don't think it can't be tweaked.
LT.Victim
Member
+1,175|5896|British Columbia, Canada

Miguel diaz wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
because that was a minor change with a bunch of immature posters complaining about nothing.
And this isn't?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,410|6075|FUCK UBISOFT

LT.Victim wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
because that was a minor change with a bunch of immature posters complaining about nothing.
And this isn't?
no, this isn't.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6065|St. Andrews / Oslo

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

It's fine as it is right now. Jeff made a good decision.
theres 10 more no's than yes's and there have been plenty of good explanations why people don't like it. If your going to post could you please just explain why you think its a good idea?
Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
It's a public forum, and people should be allowed to voice their opinions. No decisions are 100% final - this sig/avatar thing can easily be changed.

Just like Not BF2s, Not BF2 -> Junk Drawer -> General Chatter -> Everything Else
Just like Sigs Only -> Avatars and "Sigs".



If we look into it, we see 1 big problem: Big space under posts (See FM's thread.)

This means, Avatar + Forum Badge doesn't look to good with one-lined posts.


Different ways to fix this are:

1) Sigs and Badges only
2) Avatar, sigs and no badges
3) Badges in sig. Like This.
4) Badges arranged in some other nifty way

-or-

Keep it like it is now.




Nevertheless, you have to let people tell Jeff what they want.




Also, Graphics, which have been a big part of the community will *vanish*
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Master*
Banned
+416|5828|United States

KtotheIMMY wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:


Because the decision is not up to you, or anyone else... it is up to Jeff, and I support his decision.
So then why do you support his decision, just because you are with him, or do you actually have good reason as to why the way it is now is better then it was before..


and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
I turned off sigs and changed to avatars on my own forums and nobody had a problem with it... in fact the majority liked it! I've been surfing BF2s with sigs turned off for years now, and it makes for a much more pleasant experience. Avatars > giant sigs
Well obviously theres a problem with changing it here otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.
I personally think the change sucks, but I cant do anything about it since it was the admin's decision. Im just voicing my opinion. The only way it might go back is if chuy agrees that the change wasnt one for the better.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,410|6075|FUCK UBISOFT

Masterstyle wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:


So then why do you support his decision, just because you are with him, or do you actually have good reason as to why the way it is now is better then it was before..


and btw people.. Its not going to change, remember Junk drawer turning into General Chatter and the Protest that took place, didn't change then, why will it now..
I turned off sigs and changed to avatars on my own forums and nobody had a problem with it... in fact the majority liked it! I've been surfing BF2s with sigs turned off for years now, and it makes for a much more pleasant experience. Avatars > giant sigs
Well obviously theres a problem with changing it here otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.
I personally think the change sucks, but I cant do anything about it since it was the admin's decision. Im just voicing my opinion. The only way it might go back is if chuy agrees that the change wasnt one for the better.
ok kimmy, for the people like you who don't like sigs, feel free to turn them off. But for the others of us who prefer to have sigs, we would like to have it the way it was, and had been for more than 2 years.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|5746|Michigan, USA

I hope Chuy will change it back if this poll continues to dominate with No.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6024|Devon, England

Miguel diaz wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I turned off sigs and changed to avatars on my own forums and nobody had a problem with it... in fact the majority liked it! I've been surfing BF2s with sigs turned off for years now, and it makes for a much more pleasant experience. Avatars > giant sigs
Well obviously theres a problem with changing it here otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.
I personally think the change sucks, but I cant do anything about it since it was the admin's decision. Im just voicing my opinion. The only way it might go back is if chuy agrees that the change wasnt one for the better.
ok kimmy, for the people like you who don't like sigs, feel free to turn them off. But for the others of us who prefer to have sigs, we would like to have it the way it was, and had been for more than 2 years.
Win.
Ryan
Member
+1,230|6176|Alberta, Canada

How are we supposed to show off our creativity? This new rule is limiting our expression and no one likes it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,410|6075|FUCK UBISOFT

Ryan wrote:

How are we supposed to show off our creativity? This new rule is limiting our expression and no one likes it.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/ … mers-2.png
no, 19 of 57 people like it.

Last edited by Miguel diaz (2007-11-24 13:53:39)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6024|Devon, England

Zimmer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

or just get the fuck over it and move on.
Yes mom.
It's kinda hard to express your creativity with Photoshop in a 40 pixel box.
Who cares about your creativity? As I said, go to a GFX if you want that. This forum is to discuss, not to show how big your e-penis is with photoshop.
Cos it's BF2s.

You don't find the people and the feel of this community in any other, so why would we go to another? Why have a graphics section if this forum isn't about graphics, as you say?
Ryan
Member
+1,230|6176|Alberta, Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:


or just get the fuck over it and move on.
Yes mom.
It's kinda hard to express your creativity with Photoshop in a 40 pixel box.
Who cares about your creativity? As I said, go to a GFX if you want that. This forum is to discuss, not to show how big your e-penis is with photoshop.
So basically you are telling me to leave because I can't use a fucking forum signature. Wow, nice going big shot.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,410|6075|FUCK UBISOFT

Ryan wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Yes mom.
It's kinda hard to express your creativity with Photoshop in a 40 pixel box.
Who cares about your creativity? As I said, go to a GFX if you want that. This forum is to discuss, not to show how big your e-penis is with photoshop.
So basically you are telling me to leave because I can't use a fucking forum signature. Wow, nice going big shot.
no, hes telling you if you want to show off your creativity go to a graphics forum, this is a gaming forum. But i think i remember zimmer being a bit of a sig maker, so i think he's just doing his job as a mod by saying that.

Last edited by Miguel diaz (2007-11-24 14:00:18)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6040|67.222.138.85

Ryan wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Ryan wrote:


Yes mom.
It's kinda hard to express your creativity with Photoshop in a 40 pixel box.
Who cares about your creativity? As I said, go to a GFX if you want that. This forum is to discuss, not to show how big your e-penis is with photoshop.
So basically you are telling me to leave because I can't use a fucking forum signature. Wow, nice going big shot.
cool it, now
Ryan
Member
+1,230|6176|Alberta, Canada

Miguel diaz wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Zimmer wrote:


Who cares about your creativity? As I said, go to a GFX if you want that. This forum is to discuss, not to show how big your e-penis is with photoshop.
So basically you are telling me to leave because I can't use a fucking forum signature. Wow, nice going big shot.
no, hes telling you if you want to show off your creativity go to a graphics forum, this is a gaming forum. But i think i remember zimmer being a bit of a sig maker, so i think he's just doing his job as a mod by saying that.
But he doesn't reply politely, it's always hostile and this is why I get angry at him sometimes. We have a graphics subforum here, so technically this forum does contain GFX.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,410|6075|FUCK UBISOFT

Ryan wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

Ryan wrote:

So basically you are telling me to leave because I can't use a fucking forum signature. Wow, nice going big shot.
no, hes telling you if you want to show off your creativity go to a graphics forum, this is a gaming forum. But i think i remember zimmer being a bit of a sig maker, so i think he's just doing his job as a mod by saying that.
But he doesn't reply politely, it's always hostile and this is why I get angry at him sometimes. We have a graphics subforum here, so technically this forum does contain GFX.
dude, zimmers got a lot going on, hes making lots of sites, modding a forum, and putting up with me begging him to make a clan.

dont make this personal ryan.

Last edited by Miguel diaz (2007-11-24 14:05:54)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|5855
personally couldn't care less
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6089|Scotland

Ryan wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

Ryan wrote:

So basically you are telling me to leave because I can't use a fucking forum signature. Wow, nice going big shot.
no, hes telling you if you want to show off your creativity go to a graphics forum, this is a gaming forum. But i think i remember zimmer being a bit of a sig maker, so i think he's just doing his job as a mod by saying that.
But he doesn't reply politely, it's always hostile and this is why I get angry at him sometimes. We have a graphics subforum here, so technically this forum does contain GFX.
Did I reply with any violent comments? No, I did not. I merely stated where you stand in this argument.
Look, I don't care if there are sigs or not. I love this forum whatever happens to it. Why? Because I like the people on it. You don't have to have sigs to make an awesome community, so why make such a huge deal about it? It is the bloody internet, you are taking this too far.
Ryan
Member
+1,230|6176|Alberta, Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:


no, hes telling you if you want to show off your creativity go to a graphics forum, this is a gaming forum. But i think i remember zimmer being a bit of a sig maker, so i think he's just doing his job as a mod by saying that.
But he doesn't reply politely, it's always hostile and this is why I get angry at him sometimes. We have a graphics subforum here, so technically this forum does contain GFX.
Did I reply with any violent comments? No, I did not. I merely stated where you stand in this argument.
Look, I don't care if there are sigs or not. I love this forum whatever happens to it. Why? Because I like the people on it. You don't have to have sigs to make an awesome community, so why make such a huge deal about it? It is the bloody internet, you are taking this too far.
I just don't understand why we had nice signatures for 2 years, and now this, plus cheesy little avatars? The site looked way more mature without them. But whatever, I'm getting no where with this.
Master*
Banned
+416|5828|United States

Zimmer wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:


no, hes telling you if you want to show off your creativity go to a graphics forum, this is a gaming forum. But i think i remember zimmer being a bit of a sig maker, so i think he's just doing his job as a mod by saying that.
But he doesn't reply politely, it's always hostile and this is why I get angry at him sometimes. We have a graphics subforum here, so technically this forum does contain GFX.
Did I reply with any violent comments? No, I did not. I merely stated where you stand in this argument.
Look, I don't care if there are sigs or not. I love this forum whatever happens to it. Why? Because I like the people on it. You don't have to have sigs to make an awesome community, so why make such a huge deal about it? It is the bloody internet, you are taking this too far.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 6#p1675646
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1675951

Not violent but negative and ignorant though
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|5978
yes they are nice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard