ScoutStrike
+37|6223
Hi guys, I have been working on some minor fixes for the past few days.

But the biggest fix was the kit requesting system. I found it tiresome after a few hours of playing, so I made a custom spawn screen for the mod. Screenshot follows.

The new spawn screen with 100% customizable kits

https://server.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~taco/bf2/scoutmod/customkit-2.jpg

You can customize your kit however you want, there's 3240 combinations waiting for you.

Some gameplay changes

- commander is disabled again: too much cartillery, crate spam, and unfair commander view
- added binoculars with variable zoom for looking around
- added ammo packs: they don't regenerate, so effectively give double ammunition at spawn
- fixed M24 / M82A1 scopes (thanks to kysterama)
- new DSR1, TPG1 and XM109 sounds
- fixed the draw distance on jeeps, boats, ziplines, hooks, and other objects
- a python fix so the custom spawn screen works when creating a local server

Download Links:

RapidShare

http://rapidshare.de/files/38976412/woo … 5.zip.html

FileFront

http://files.filefront.com/wookie+mod+v … einfo.html

ModJive

coming soon

---

I will be shutting down the official server soon, and restarting it with the new version running.

Have fun and enjoy.

Scouty

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2008-03-30 15:24:49)

Adamshannon8
+94|6155
1 word.

Amazing..

nice work
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6127|Anaheim, Mexifornia

Adamshannon8 wrote:

1 word.

Amazing..

nice work
that was 3 words
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

MetaL* wrote:

Adamshannon8 wrote:

1 word.

Amazing..

nice work
that was 3 words
>.>
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Adamshannon8
+94|6155
who the fuck cares, don't derail scouty's thread because of your stupid immaturity
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6127|Anaheim, Mexifornia

Adamshannon8 wrote:

who the fuck cares, don't derail scouty's thread because of your stupid immaturity
Adam I might bring stupid immaturity to this thread you bring stupid immaturity to this entire site.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p1770459
kk bai.
Adamshannon8
+94|6155
omg, do you have that bookmarked?
jp_shoota
+1|5842
awesome, downloading now cant wait to play
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6169|Daqing Oilfields?
My god, this is fantastic

Amazing work can't wait to try.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California
This mod is amazing and I'm gonna do the update right now. Keep it up guys. And adam, stfu.
dont_be_ss
+312|6564|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
Chill out guys, just appreciate the MOD
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I would cum right now but I find sniping boring, even though I do think it looks pretty cool.

I just have two questions: Are there any screenshots of the new sniper guns that you put in and why do you have the HK53 and G36c listed as SMGs put the P90 is absent?
ScoutStrike
+37|6223

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I would cum right now but I find sniping boring, even though I do think it looks pretty cool.

I just have two questions: Are there any screenshots of the new sniper guns that you put in and why do you have the HK53 and G36c listed as SMGs put the P90 is absent?
Because I attached silencers to all smgs, with a technique that doesn't work for scoped weapons (P90, Sniper Rifles).
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5871|California
GAH!!! I just made a DVD with this and a few other mods for a friend, and now I have to remake it. You owe me like 25 cents. Curse you for doing this to me!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
wow, This looks pretty damn good...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas

elmer_42 wrote:

GAH!!! I just made a DVD with this and a few other mods for a friend, and now I have to remake it. You owe me like 25 cents. Curse you for doing this to me!
DVD-RWs FTW?

Brilliant work again!
jp_shoota
+1|5842
have you put the new server up?
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5871|California

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

DVD-RWs FTW?
You are correct, sir. Now if only I would have thought of that BEFORE making the DVD.
ScoutStrike
+37|6223
The new server is up, and the [RIP] server and {Sn][per} server will soon be running the new version too.

Edit - I didn't expect these custom kits + explosive XM109 to be so much FUN lmao. The random mini-grenades with smoke trails flying back and forth on a map like Zatar Wetlands are classic. You'd better hit on your first try with that weapon because half the map will know where you are firing from.

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2008-03-30 20:56:39)

elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5871|California
THAT would be a fun gun for 1v1 shootouts, because you can easily spot each other.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia
If only some AU servers ran this...   I don't really feel comfortable joining a server with a 400+ ping to play it.

Otherwise, great mod. Thouroughly enjoyable, even just for lan's.
ScoutStrike
+37|6223

Rod Foxx wrote:

If only some AU servers ran this...   I don't really feel comfortable joining a server with a 400+ ping to play it.

I've had drifterboy (desert/woodland skins) play the mod with 350 ping. We don't kick for ping on the official server and most targets are lying still anyway so you could give it a try.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

ScoutStrike wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

I've had drifterboy (desert/woodland skins) play the mod with 350 ping. We don't kick for ping on the official server and most targets are lying still anyway so you could give it a try.
Very true. This is an incredible mod guys. Seriously, if you havn't tried it or you don't like/hate sniping. I still urge you to try it. Its incredibly realistic. The accurate ranges + accurate damages + accurate distance readings on the scope = pure epic-ness. I love being able to get 1400-1500m shots from a hill on Dalian Plant all the way to get a headshot on some guy in a porthole on the carrier.

EDIT: To red Fox, I think you'd be able to play the mod fine, but a lot of people complain about the map Chiller to be laggy. I've never had this problem with 150 ping and 30 fps, but you might get some lag on that map. Other than that you should be fine.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2008-03-31 06:59:32)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Wow. I'm really impressed with the custom spawn menu. Fantastic job.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6378|Somersetshire
once again amazing work

about chiller, in the older mod (the one where i was well leet lol) i never got any lag, that map ran better then every other one, it loaded faster, it verified client data much faster and i never lagged when i started playing, idk whether it was just my computer on that day but i was getting 10 fps on fraps while un-scoped and about 22 scoped. (this is while playing the new version)

i'm DL'ing this new thing now cos it's and then when i next get to play that map i'll see if it's laggy for me again

Last edited by Tehremos (2008-03-31 08:33:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard