ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6518
anyone ever taken this before? my dermatologist recommended that i take it because the other acne medications i tried seemed to have little to no effect. my acne isn't really that bad, but it just seems to never go away. i'm almost 22, and this shit is getting pretty old. i am a little skeptical of this drug because of its side effects, so does anyone have any experience with it? thanks.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6408|Belgium
What are the side effects?
ig
+1,199|6518
Des.Kmal
+917|6614|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
oh shit dude, fuck that.

none of that shit works so far. best ive heard is proactive.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6126|North Tonawanda, NY
My brother took it awhile back.  He became extremely depressed and suffered from premature balding.  Got rid of the acne though.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2008-02-19 10:36:20)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6760|mansfield
My face looked like the moon, i got some yellow pills from the Doc's , cant remember what they were.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6571|London
Some of my friends who had severe acne used it and it definitely helped. But it's pretty powerful medication and if you can live with your acne you should. I don't know anyone who's had acne all their life because eventually it goes away, and there's far worse crap out there
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6732|Salt Lake City

I took it as a teenager.  I didn't experience any side effects except for extremely dry lips.  It was bad enough that they were always cracking and bleeding.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6574|Columbus, OH
My acne was average and broke out from my teens to my twenties, some time in my early thirties I stop breaking out. I have used various prescribed medication from my dermatologist but nothing worked. I have not used accutane.
tiptopT
+72|6578|Scotland's Capital
I used it and while it did work I used to (and to some extent still do) go through some real down patches.  I would really look for an alternative solution to this but if nothing else works then go for it but ask for low dose pills.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6573|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Accutane side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Accutane and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

depressed mood, trouble concentrating, sleep problems, crying spells, aggression or agitation, changes in behavior, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;

sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;

blurred vision, sudden and severe headache or pain behind your eyes, sometimes with vomiting;

hearing problems, hearing loss, or ringing in your ears;

seizure (convulsions);

severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;

loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, black, bloody, or tarry stools;

fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, purple spots under your skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or

joint stiffness, bone pain or fracture.

Errr, dont seem like it worth it :S
ig
+1,199|6518

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Accutane side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Accutane and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

depressed mood, trouble concentrating, sleep problems, crying spells, aggression or agitation, changes in behavior, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;

sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;

blurred vision, sudden and severe headache or pain behind your eyes, sometimes with vomiting;

hearing problems, hearing loss, or ringing in your ears;

seizure (convulsions);

severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;

loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, black, bloody, or tarry stools;

fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, purple spots under your skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or

joint stiffness, bone pain or fracture.

Errr, dont seem like it worth it :S
that's why i posted here. i am aware of the possible side-effects, but i know that they only occur in a small number of cases. if i feel at all that the drug is hurting me more than helping me, i will not think twice about discontinuing its use.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6712|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I haven't used it, but from what I've heard it works, and you never have to deal with acne again.  I'm considering asking my doctor about it since I'm in the same boat as you.  Not too bad, just never goes away and topical medications don't do anything.
ReDevilJR
+106|6347
My friend is currently on it.

The only side affect he's noticed (And I) is that he has zero interest in playing tennis anymore (Used to play it 5 - 7 times a week) But I believe that he's burned out from the sport.
ig
+1,199|6518

mcgid1 wrote:

I haven't used it, but from what I've heard it works, and you never have to deal with acne again.  I'm considering asking my doctor about it since I'm in the same boat as you.  Not too bad, just never goes away and topical medications don't do anything.
yeah. it just gets to the point where you're like why am i still dealing with this? when you have to think twice about taking your shirt off because you have zits on your back, it has gone too far. i'm just ready for this shit to be gone, so i'm going to go ahead and start the treatment. wish me luck

on the other hand, it might not be fair to those with clear skin. once i get rid of this shit, all the bitches will want my d, and i might feel bad for the less fortunate
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6712|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

ig wrote:

mcgid1 wrote:

yeah. it just gets to the point where you're like why am i still dealing with this? when you have to think twice about taking your shirt off because you have zits on your back, it has gone too far. i'm just ready for this shit to be gone, so i'm going to go ahead and start the treatment. wish me luck

on the other hand, it might not be fair to those with clear skin. once i get rid of this shit, all the bitches will want my d, and i might feel bad for the less fortunate
Good luck with the treatments.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6128|Carnoustie, Scotland

ig wrote:

anyone ever taken this before? my dermatologist recommended that i take it because the other acne medications i tried seemed to have little to no effect. my acne isn't really that bad, but it just seems to never go away. i'm almost 22, and this shit is getting pretty old. i am a little skeptical of this drug because of its side effects, so does anyone have any experience with it? thanks.
I was going to go on this, then my skin got better.

This is basically a last resort, it's the nuke of skin treatment.
I'd recommend NOT doing this until you have tried EVERYTHING else.

Different things work for everybody, so don't ask people on forums if they've used it, it may not work for you, and just fuck you up.

That's about all the advice I've got.
icecold2510
+31|6289
I'm taking the generic brand of it right now actually.

It has dried up my face a lot and reduced my acne a lot so far.. The only side effect I have atm is chapped lips.

Hopefully I don't get depressed from it lol
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

SenorToenails wrote:

My brother took it awhile back.  He became extremely depressed and suffered from premature balding.  Got rid of the acne though.
how could he be depressed if it got rid of the acne
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ig
+1,199|6518

icecold2510 wrote:

It has dried up my face a lot and reduced my acne a lot so far.. The only side effect I have atm is chapped lips.

how long have you been taking it? how long before you saw results?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

almost 22 and still acne??? That's really no big deal. Guys are in puberty for a long time, and some take longer than others. You really shouldn't worry about it, esp if the side effects are so bad.
icecold2510
+31|6289

ig wrote:

icecold2510 wrote:

how long have you been taking it? how long before you saw results?
It will be about three weeks in a couple of days.. It was about a week or two before I started noticing my acne slowing down.

I still have to take it for about 6 months or until it completely clears up.

Here is the paper that my doctor gave to me about the common side effects.
https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/howtodothis/scan0001.jpg
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6635
I took it about a year ago. My skin would tear off if I rubbed it too hard. My lips were really dry when I took it. You can get sunburn easy. That's about all the side effects I had.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6474| Texas

ThaReaper wrote:

I took it about a year ago. My skin would tear off if I rubbed it too hard. My lips were really dry when I took it. You can get sunburn easy. That's about all the side effects I had.
yeah it was the same with me except my lips would get so chapped they would bleed even with me contantly applying vaseline. And also my skin itched like a mother all over for the entire time i was on it.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5957|Washington DC
I'm also thinking of taking it. I'm in the same boat as you ig, I don't really like going to the beach or taking my shirt off because of this shit. I was on some acne meds and pads for a few years and frankly it didn't help. I've still got acne on my back and marks from where there was acne as well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard