Announcement

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6097

I am not going to give names, but it seems there are mods that are rarely here.  I know people have stuff to do, but what is the point of having mods if they are not here to moderate?
Mitch
Ive been here for 15.5 years. That’s half my life.
+876|5861|South Florida
post something offensive and see how long it takes for them to remove it.

"All bf2s mods suck"

there haha we'll see how long it takes for a mod to see that and remove it

thus testing.
15 more years! 15 more years!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|5854|Montucky
Its kind of like U.S. Congress.. you hear about them, but they don't do a damn thing.

/joke
Master*
Banned
+416|5830|United States
You bring up a good point, but I dont think the admins will de-mod people for not being here often.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6097

Masterstyle wrote:

You bring up a good point, but I dont think the admins will de-mod people for not being here often.
I know.  That is not what I am saying.  I think they need a new recruitment class or something.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|5985|Washington DC

Mitch wrote:

post something offensive and see how long it takes for them to remove it.

"All bf2s mods suck"

there haha we'll see how long it takes for a mod to see that and remove it

thus testing.
I saw that ...

(My mod alarm went off, and directed me straight to your post).
aLeX
.?
+160|5667|:D

You raise a good point. It's up to Chuy's digression what happens to inactive mods, I guess. Although in my opinion, only committed Mods should be precariously patrolling our forums.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I know.  That is not what I am saying.  I think they need a new recruitment class or something.
Trouble being, there's a lack of members that are elidgable for Mod status; many of the "veteran" members have been banned for one reason or another. I might be wrong..

Last edited by aLeX (2007-12-14 13:03:02)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|5854|Montucky

aLeX wrote:

You raise a good point. It's up to Chuy's digression what happens to inactive mods, I guess. Although in my opinion, only committed Mods should be precariously patrolling our forums.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Trouble being, there's a lack of members that are elidgable for Mod status; many of the "veteran" members have been banned for one reason or another. I might be wrong..
Define "Veteran" Member
aLeX
.?

S3v3N wrote:

aLeX wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Define "Veteran" Member
People who are well known throughout the community. (Or people with lots of kramaz/have been here a substantial amount of time and have the rep to go with it.)

How's that?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|5854|Montucky
Fair Enough
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|5985|Washington DC

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am not going to give names, but it seems there are mods that are rarely here.  I know people have stuff to do, but what is the point of having mods if they are not here to moderate?
Mods don't have a minimum time commitment to the forums ... there's only a few mods who aren't on that much, and that is because they have some RL issues that restrict their participation.  Happens.
aLeX
.?

OrangeHound wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Mods don't have a minimum time commitment to the forums ... there's only a few mods who aren't on that much, and that is because they have some RL issues that restrict their participation.  Happens.
I don't think he was having a dig, just stating a fact. We appreciate you guys actually have lives.. haha, perish the thought.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6111
Usmarine2005 you may be right, but look at someone like me.

Been a member here since 2005, I read the forums everyday - posting here and there, I am a MOD on a forum completely unrelated to BF2s, BF2, etc so I have experience. I can check the forums from work or home, plenty of time to and I just enjoy the community.

Well that wasnt ment to sound like an application...no really.

Just pick someone like that, everyday user, veteran, quite, non confrontational and with a good head on their shoulders.

Last edited by 2tuff (2007-12-14 13:18:47)

Master*
Banned
+416|5830|United States

2tuff wrote:

Been a member here since 2005, I read the forums everyday - posting here and there, I am a MOD on a forum completely unrelated to BF2s, BF2, etc so I have experience. I can check the forums from work or home, plenty of time to and I just enjoy the community.

Just pick someone like that, everyday user, veteran, quite, non confrontational and with a good head on their shoulders.
I miss your old sig with the banana getting sniped....
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6111

Masterstyle wrote:

2tuff wrote:

Ahh yes, as do I....oh how I miss the +40px days

Last edited by 2tuff (2007-12-14 13:22:42)

Mitch
+876|5861|South Florida

2tuff wrote:

To be honest ive never even seen you lol.

EDIT:

2tuff wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

2tuff wrote:

Ahh yes, as do I....oh how I miss the +40px days
Ohhh you were him. lol

Last edited by Mitch (2007-12-14 13:23:59)

aLeX
.?

Mitch wrote:

2tuff wrote:

My thoughts..

However I do know Mitch. Fuck it, Mitch for Mod Status!!

Edit: I can't spell

Edit v2.0: I remember him now..

Last edited by aLeX (2007-12-14 13:25:29)

Mitch
+876|5861|South Florida

aLeX wrote:

Mitch wrote:

2tuff wrote:

My thoughts..

Hah.
Wow.
I garentee you that is the first time the 4 words "Mitch for mod status" have EVER been said on these forums.

lmao

But i dont think i would ever have a chance..

i used to be kinda... bad.
my last temp ban was my 7th temp ban.
hehehehehehehehehe

damn do i regret being an asshole.

Last edited by Mitch (2007-12-14 13:27:57)

2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6111

aLeX wrote:

Mitch wrote:

2tuff wrote:

My thoughts..

Edit v2.0: I remember him now..
This should refresh some memorys

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/2tuff/2tuff_dancer.gif
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|5815|Somewhere else

It seems fine now, but if the rules started getting abused, would Admins appoint new mods, having more mods, or remove some mods and replace them?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|5926|Reisterstown, MD

aLeX wrote:

I've never been banned.  A few warnings for sigs but that is about it.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6033

Ban 'em all, OH.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6117

so who are these inactive mods?  let's round em up and get out the tar and feathers!
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6074|Toronto | Canada

I don't think time on the forums should be a major factor in choosing mods, I've been here far longer than 95% of the people here, but I don't think that qualifies me for mod status.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|5468|Scotland!
I'd like to see some new mods, but ones who are more like Zimmer and Kimmy. I don't think any of the veterans at the moment would qualify, apart from maybe usmarine2005.

So usmarine2005 for mod status, gogo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard