_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6572|England
Ok so I'm out of the new games loop and I don't know what games are coming out and which are out. So have you bought any new games lately? are they good? are they shite? Tell me.

I was thinking of getting Half Life Episode one but I'm not sure, is it a worthy expansion of HL2? If I was to buy Half Life Episode 2, as I desperately want to play portal, would I understand what was going on or would I have to play though Ep1 to follow the story line?

What about Medieval Total War? I haven't had an RTS game in ages the last I had was Age of empires III and I wasn't impressed, it didn't live up to AOEII. I loved dawn of war but I didn't like the Mark of chaos demo, I prefer building things and creating my own units rather than just having an army given to me. Is Medieval total war like this?

Anyway just hit me with some new games that you guys have bought or ones that are coming out in the near future and you think look good.

Thanks.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6643|Teesside, UK
Half life ep 1 is good but lasted 4-5 hours (and that was me trying to draw it out).  The story in 2 follows directly on after a Cliff hanger ending so although you'll be able to work out whats going on you'll have missed some important plot points.

edit: oh yeah it was enjoyable while it lasted.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2006-11-29 09:09:57)

Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6516|So Cal
ya ma, I just played Half Life ep 1 and it was very short.  And to be honest, I didn't think it was all that great, except the gravity gun, that thing rocks.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6730

The Half Life Series is an essential gaming experience. Go out and finish Ep 1. It's very cheap.

Other than that, I reccomend Guild Wars. It's a MORPEGGIE as Tyferra would say it, but it isn't too addciting and theres no $20 a montyh fee.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6479|Menlo Park, CA
Medieval Total War is the way to go!! Fucking awesome game!!!

I have had it for a week now, and it has really cut into my bf2/2142 gameplay!! Gfx are great, gameplay is really easy to pick up, and the concept is cool.  Highly recommended!!!

As far as half life goes, its fun, but I am waiting personally for the new Insurgency mod that is coming out for Half life source.  It wont be out till probably early next year, so in the meantime, play Total War you wont be disappointed.
HellFall33
Vagrants #1 infantry
+11|6429|Richland WA
Dark Messiah or Gothic 3. both of those games are the best
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6377|New York
medievel total war would def be a good purchase.

if you want a rts that's pretty revolutionary and very well put together, get company of heroes. i bought it about a month ago and am still amazed by how crazy it is. watch some gameplay movies at gamespot, youll see what i mean.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6468|Sheffield-England
Warhammer 40000 Dawn Of War

https://transgaming.org/gamesdb/screenshots/images/759.jpg
https://www.armchairempire.com/images/previews/pc/warhammer-40k-dawn-war/warhammer-40k-dawn-war-2.jpg
https://dawnofwar.free.fr/wallpapers/01.jpg

Last edited by stkhoplite (2006-11-29 10:16:14)

BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6608|Cork, Ireland
I think that he's trying to tell us something about a certain game. Can't put my finger on it though...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6609|Mhz

Hmm not bought many games recently but as far as free games go, download the multiplayer only version of FEAR, for a freebie you're not going to beat it.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6698|Charlie One Alpha

_The.Don_05 wrote:

I was thinking of getting Half Life Episode one but I'm not sure, is it a worthy expansion of HL2? If I was to buy Half Life Episode 2, as I desperately want to play portal, would I understand what was going on or would I have to play though Ep1 to follow the story line?

Thanks.
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 is solid gold. It was much more enjoyable than HL2 itself. It's short but extremely sweet.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6570|SE London

heggs wrote:

medievel total war would def be a good purchase.

if you want a rts that's pretty revolutionary and very well put together, get company of heroes. i bought it about a month ago and am still amazed by how crazy it is. watch some gameplay movies at gamespot, youll see what i mean.
QFT.

Great game. Although I think it's a bit buggy. I get a horrible issue occasional when defending towns in it and a spy opens my gates. After a couple of minutes of game play the speed of the game slows to a crawl. It doesn't happen on any other battles and it's only happened twice, but the first one took me 4 hours to get through the battle (I just sat and watched a film for most of it) and now I've hit another battle where it keeps happening I've stopped playing it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6681
If you want a few good games for a pretty low price. Download some games from Steam. They have alot of fun stuff. (DoD:S, CS:S and don't forget Garry's Mod.)
commissargizz
+123|6452| Heaven
Dawn of War   way to go   superb game   and one of thee best intros ever to a game.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6732|Backward Ass Kansas
I heard there is a new game coming called 'Spore' where basically you start as a single celled organism and evolve into a Galactic conquering race - Sounded kind of cerebral and a little different than the standard shootem up.

...thanks for the correction. +1

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2006-11-29 16:01:00)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6377|New York

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

I heard there is a new game coming called 'Spawn' where basically you start as a single celled organism and evolve into a Galactic conquering race - Sounded kind of cerebral and a little different than the standard shootem up.
you're thinking of 'spore'. it's still in developement, should be out next year sometime. will wright, the creator of the sims, is heading this game.

i'm mega stoked about it. it'll help me waste even more time.

look it up on youtube. there's a 37 minute movie on it, it's pretty amazing what he does.

Last edited by heggs (2006-11-29 10:38:31)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
commissargizz
+123|6452| Heaven
here's some

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/teletubbies/funandgames/

blood and guts   extreme hardcore  I have warned you
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6716|Germany

Medieval 2 if you like the combination of round based gamplay and real time strategy
Company of Heroes if you like RTS

Maybe Guild Wars, don't have it, but some friends say that it is good
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6689|MoVal So-Cal
Am I the only person that finds Half Life 2 to have lame AI, boring story and medicore graphics? FEAR, now thats the best FPS out there.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6584|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Pernicious544 wrote:

Am I the only person that finds Half Life 2 to have lame AI, boring story and medicore graphics? FEAR, now thats the best FPS out there.
yes, if you can't get it through your head that HL2 had a breakthrough in gaming graphics then you FAIL!
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6689|MoVal So-Cal

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

yes, if you can't get it through your head that HL2 had a breakthrough in gaming graphics then you FAIL!
If you cant get it through your head that Doom 3 had a breakthrough in gaming graphics then you FAIL
Arkhon
FullMetalHead
+20|6489|Canberra, Australia
I agree with everyone here so far they are all great games, I would suggest getting FEAR (the full version) if you like FPS because I honestly had alot of fun (and it was quite challenging aswell.)
Abstinuous
+33|6420
as a bf2 player and u want to play RTS, head towards Company of Heroes 9.8/10 i would give it
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6584|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Pernicious544 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

If you cant get it through your head that Doom 3 had a breakthrough in gaming graphics then you FAIL
i did not know we were talking about doom 3 and i never said that HL2 was the only game that had a breakthrough in graphics. therefore you are a retard.
Arkhon
FullMetalHead
+20|6489|Canberra, Australia

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

i did not know we were talking about doom 3 and i never said that HL2 was the only game that had a breakthrough in graphics. therefore you are a retard.
Just letting everyone know that just because I like FEAR doesn't make me as ignorant as that guy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard