Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

They say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks.

Don't know what I'm talking about?
Okay, I'll explain. It has been what? Two, three days since the new patch came out, and we are being swamped by anti-patch comments and signatures.

Therefor, I call for everyone, everyone, to shut up about the new patch for two weeks. That's all just two weeks. After that, come back and voice your opinions, good or bad.
How can you be expected to know about something you've just experianced? It's like someone who's never heared rock music becoming a rock critic. We can't expect you to know everything straight away, so I'm giving you two weeks. Go out there, play the patch, try to have fun, and after you gather your know how and have some decent and educated comments to share with us, then come back and we'll see what's what.

See you in a fortnight.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Yup
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
So you can't just learn all the stuff in a game in just just two seconds huh? Well I can quickly learn stuff from games I played in just two seconds.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I doubt that, but my point remains. You people are complaining and complaining and complaining without giving the damn thing a chance. Maybe you can learn all the stuff in game in two seconds or whatever, but getting used to something takes longer. Things are different, okay we've covered that, but you're not used to the new things in game. You're not used to better AA, you're not used to weaker aircraft, you're not used to Claymores no longer killing friendlies, but give it time and you might be.

I'm pretty sure all you complainers will get used to it and start enjoying the game again instead of whining, so I say, give it two weeks, then THEN see how you feel.

Please, PLEASE no more patch threads for now! If you have to comment, just HAVE to get your opinion out, use the threads Trigger started up.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-16 22:00:02)

[Blinking eyes thing]
smk_valvanite
+12|6668|New Zealand, CHCH

Tyferra wrote:

They say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks.

Don't know what I'm talking about?
Okay, I'll explain. It has been what? Two, three days since the new patch came out, and we are being swamped by anti-patch comments and signatures.

Therefor, I call for everyone, everyone, to shut up about the new patch for two weeks. That's all just two weeks. After that, come back and voice your opinions, good or bad.
How can you be expected to know about something you've just experianced? It's like someone who's never heared rock music becoming a rock critic. We can't expect you to know everything straight away, so I'm giving you two weeks. Go out there, play the patch, try to have fun, and after you gather your know how and have some decent and educated comments to share with us, then come back and we'll see what's what.

See you in a fortnight.
only  another fellow kiwi would say something like that!

good job though, i was thinking this too,

and just a like bad haircut, you usally end up getting used to it anyway, same with the new patch, everyone so accustomed to playing with all the cons, now the patch is up and its hard to get used to, thats all i reckon, i was getting pissed off the other night so bad i wanted to punch my monitor, just becuase i wasnt used to things i could no longer do, (btw im not a nade whore, bunny hopper, c4 whore, although i do c4 jeeps, and i use my landmines alot)    but as i said, not being able to jump just ONCE is  pain when you want to shoot downward of an enemy, we all know that a soldier with a higher vantage point will always win the engangment
Maj.Do
+85|6744|good old CA
i aint complaining about the new patch.  I finally can dodge stingers (70% of the time) on jets, not helis though.  And my clan is doing pretty good now with the patch.  More teamwork  .
Only bad thing is the bugs that werent fixed.  C4 1 ehhh i keep dropping em lol
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6641|Hong Kong
good point tyferra, them ppl cant judge summat in 2 seconds
bomaye
+-1|6652
maj.do pretty cool sig
... nothing to do w/ thread, just spam :-D
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
Well it's like everyone said, all the noobs & exploiters would be the biggest complainers.... then theres everyone else who will get used to the new stuff without saying a word.
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au

Tyferra wrote:

Please, PLEASE no more patch threads for now! If you have to comment, just HAVE to get your opinion out, use the threads Trigger started up.
as on many an occasion, the voice of reason... i have already had a bit of a whinge, but i'll take your advice and shut up for a bit and see what happens

(unless there's something that i just cannot help but respond to...)
Junior_Mud
+1|6659|Concord, CA
I agree with Tyferra 1000%! I support, agree and back him up on what he said. everyone just needs to chill, play, and have some fun.

P.S. I've had my share of bad cuts..... they ALWAYS look great 2 weeks later!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
Oh I thought we were showing weird haircuts.

https://www.quaint-and-quirky.co.uk/Images/mullet%20medium.jpg
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6704|atlanta
unacceptable - as a Marine, two weeks is too long for a haircut.  Once a week whether I need it or not!
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6666|Houston, Texas

War Man wrote:

So you can't just learn all the stuff in a game in just just two seconds huh? Well I can quickly learn stuff from games I played in just two seconds.
That's why you haven't even hit the 5 digit gobal score yet? You don't have a clue. It took me hours upon hours in this game to get a grasp of the level of details put into this game. It wasn't until after 1.03 when everyone started using the word NOOB and thinking they know the game. When I was a Staff Sgt I had over 5x what your global rank is now, and I still didn't bitch about this game. It wasn't until I started hitting 100,000 points I got tired of certain problems/abilities in this game. I come from novalogic games, where it wasn't jump around like an idiot throwing c4 2 inches in front of you and jumping back to live, it wasn't about bunny hopping around corners, it was about placing the skill of your shot. This game has a lot more to it then old novalogic games, but you can at least spend some real f'ing time playing it before you think you are a critic, because frankly sir, you don't have a clue as far as i'm concerned. Anyone below 250 hours isn't aloud to voice much of an opinion in anyway shape or form about this game until the spend the time to LEARN IT, to be able to FEEL how it plays. I'm not trying to rag on you but say hey man you need to back up and take a look at things... how can you know something so well in such a short ammount of time? You can't, what you have is arrogant ignorance.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Shit... I only have 170 hours... maybe I should have just kept my oh so wonderful opinions to myself.

Nah.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Thought I might dust off an old chestnut...

This was originally about patch 1.12. Amazing how good that seems now and amazing how with the amount of complaints we had back then that 1.12 wasn't deemed to be unholy by the church.
It turned out to be pretty damn good infact - I'm not going to muse whether BF2 has declined since then, but the thing is, the stem of repeated complaints stopped after about two weeks. They just didn't matter as people accepted the changes, adapted, and continued to have fun.
Ty is right again!

Anywhoo, I reckon this applies to all patches and all booster packs as well.

Most people have played for what? A day?
Trust me on this, soon all those things that are apparently so wrong with it will seaze to be issues in about two weeks.
Have fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard