StickyBombs
+8|6749|Sacramento, CA (USA)
I don't know if anybody as came across this video yet...but check it out...it just shows the serious flaws in the patch.

http://media.putfile.com/zataraa

That explains it all.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6662|Everett, WA, US
Oh my god.  You can reserve extra AA missiles inside of oil towers!  Time for me to go play Oman, maybe I can get off the ground.
Chillay-14
+21|6671
haha that looked cool as but still needs to be fixed but its good for me i hate jets
Aardcore
+60|6705|USA, Arizona
AHAHAHAHAH! Oh my God! I haven't even played Zatar since the patch came out yet, but that's frickin' crazy! LOL
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6641
sweet
D-Klaus
+1|6681

StickyBombs wrote:

I don't know if anybody as came across this video yet...but check it out...it just shows the serious flaws in the patch.

That explains it all.
What . The . Fawk

I honestly don't even know what I just saw.  Did he shoot the tower, then the missle got sort of held up there, 'till he locked on the jet again, then the missle left from the tower and got the jet?  WTF?
Rizen_Ji
+41|6728|200m out and smiling at you.
que el fook?

those missiles came from the tower.... and que el fook?
Lunarbunny
+0|6649
Oops. Probably something to do with the better lock on...they must have farked up the code then.
Let's hope they release 1.21 soon then.

Yeah, right.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
Lol
RexRandy
+2|6707
I really love the chances they´ve made on AAs, but this "bug" should be fixed...
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6654|Farmland, England
lol funny when the missile spazzes around in the air then explodes :p
Souljah
+42|6660
lmao im not surprised somthing like this happened. what do you expect from ea/dice
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6689|Sacramento
yeah thats funny. I like the part where the missles flew and spun out of control heh.
miancourse69
+33|6718|wales. uk
thats pure class nice find.
https://img.tehsig.com/usr_19035/tpl_0/image.jpg

Last edited by miancourse69 (2006-02-16 01:58:39)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
Doesn't work on Oman
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine
LMAO that is hilarious!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
That would be.....AWWWWSome! To have the Engineer plant mortars and AA anywhere he wants to automatically go off!! Maybe I'd see more than 1 engineer in a 64 full player map. Nah, J/K. Wicked!
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6779|Hanging onto the UAV
Awesome: lol'd when the missile stuck in the flame and then spazzed out.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6755

Ah...

Simple Guided Rocket Physics

Before 1.2, the AA rocket turn rates were not too good, so if you fired them at the oil tower they would go right through the flame (or near it) and fly off into oblivion, hitting whatever it can hit.

But becuase of the much much increased turn rate, the missile heads towards the flame. The moment it pases the flame, it detects the heat source behind it, so it turns around with it's uber turn rate. Now it's heading back towards the flame, goes through, and then it passes it. And pretty much spins around the flame really really fast.

Think of it as driving a car to a road sign. When you zip by it, you realize it's past so you turn around to try and get back to it. But since you can't (or rather don't) stop, you just keep on going in circles.

Solution? Make the flame a solid object, the rockets will explode and that's that.
raz
+22|6656|England, UK
The missiles spazzes around (in a zig-zag shape) even with no oil flame. I'm flying one minute and suddenly i see this spazzy missile goin' crazy flyin' continuously around me! lol!

The missiles have downsyndrome!
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6829|Finland
Lol that missile flyes like mad at the end
Torin
+52|6684
LOL, yeah, that's some uber turn radius. What a stupid "fix" for AA.
[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6675|Denmark
Oh no..
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6755

Someone grab an M95 and see if you can blow 'em up.
StickyBombs
+8|6749|Sacramento, CA (USA)

D-Klaus wrote:

StickyBombs wrote:

That explains it all.
What . The . Fawk

I honestly don't even know what I just saw.  Did he shoot the tower, then the missle got sort of held up there, 'till he locked on the jet again, then the missle left from the tower and got the jet?  WTF?
Exactly what happened.  He fired 2 AA missles into the tower and then when the jet flew by one missled launched out and hit the jet and then about 5 sec later the second one flew out and killed the jet.  Nice work EA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard