blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641
"Apparently, Yellowstone National Park has been having a very unusual number of earthquakes.  Many of the most recent tremors have been deeper underground, an ominous sign. Combine that with a rapid rise in elevation over the past three years, and the possibility that earthquake activity from surrounding areas could trigger such an eruption on its own, and you've got the possible warning signs of a supervolcano eruption that would wipe out half to 2/3 of the continental US, plunge global temperatures, and wipe out a very significant chunk of world food sources. Here's a little more info to make your New Year brighter!"

source
source
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

haha  awesome.  sucks to be young lulz.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

I see Armageddon week on the History channel is here.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6514|Montucky
I used to live about 30 miles from Thar.

Thanks god I moved.
Microwave
_
+515|6651|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Super volcanoes are awesome.

https://www.visionsofthecosmos.co.uk/lake%20toba%20to-day.jpg

https://mathildasanthropologyblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/laketoba.jpg

That whole lake is a crater. Wow.

(Lake Toba)

Last edited by james@alienware (2009-01-04 12:40:41)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

S3v3N wrote:

I used to live about 30 miles from Thar.

Thanks god I moved.
yea good thing u moved, but if the volcano erupts it still has a chance of covering this much land area! which is most of west cost or I mean all of west coast and portions of midwest!!! Lucky Canadians the ash wont go north it will go south towards Mexico and east towards Midwest lol...

https://whyfiles.org/shorties/083giant_volc/images/volcano_lg.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

From.

Kmarion wrote:

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7057290035617154143&q=Supervolcano&ei=c7xMSLLVM4eIrgKy7emfDA[/google]
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

Kmarion wrote:

From.

Kmarion wrote:

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7057290035617154143&q=Supervolcano&ei=c7xMSLLVM4eIrgKy7emfDA[/google]
nice video wish it was lil longer...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

https://i40.tinypic.com/2mq5kbn.png
That's encouraging.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Maybe it'll happen in 2012 along with >9000 other things that will happen in that year

From 2009 to 2012 everyone has to make sure they can get as much 'tang as humanly possible

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-01-04 13:19:02)

ColCarnage
taw
+283|5591

Mekstizzle wrote:

'tang as humanly possible
Was that an offer mok? In all seriousness though  I never even heard about this before im scared

Last edited by ColCarnage (2009-01-04 13:21:17)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
I will notify my wife ...

"Honey, Mek says the world will end by a huge volcano in 2012, therefore, we need to have more sex."
Mekstizzle
WALKER

ColCarnage wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Was that an offer mok? In all seriousness though  I never even heard about this before im scared
You've never heard of the Yellowstone volcano?

You ultimate bobblehead...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
It won't happen under Obama.
If it does it'll be Bush's fault for not dealing with it.

Either way, its probably worth following up on the sex thing.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5591

Mekstizzle wrote:

ColCarnage wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

You've never heard of the Yellowstone volcano?

You ultimate Rick Nash bobblehead...
fix'd
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6514|Montucky

Dilbert_X wrote:

It won't happen under Obama.
If it does it'll be Bush's fault for not dealing with it.

Either way, its probably worth following up on the sex thing.
the sad thing is.. its probably true.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
It is true, could be truly cataclysmic.
Just hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rdx-fx
+955|6587
Aww, they missed the fun parts of volcanic fallout.

Like the crystalline rock shard ash shredding your lungs from the inside out, until you suffocate on the puree'd remnants of your own lungs

Like the fine silty ash congealing into a solid mass of cement in your lungs

Like the burning hot clouds of sulfuric acid boiling you to death while dissolving key parts of you into mush.

Geez, what fun is an Apocalyptic Doomsday Scenario without the graphic "everybody panic" descriptions...  slackers!

Seriously, though.
Yellowstone Caldera has more volume of magma under it than the rest of the worlds volcanoes combined
It's like "Here's Yellowstone.. aaaaaand here's everyf***ingwhereelse.  This is the definition of F***ed - everywhere else is a sideshow"

Now..
If we could get some geothermal electrical plants set up to draw on all that heat energy (in Yellowstone) for our stationary power grid in North & South America, we'd be sitting pretty.  Think: Nuclear reactor setup, but without the uranium-heating-up-the-steam part of the operation - Yellowstone Caldera would provide the heat in place of 'scary' uranium.

Add some good old Fischer-Tropsch coal-to-diesel processing for our transportation energy requirements (coal.. which that same general Montana/Wyoming area has in amazing abundance too...).  I'm thinking the smart money is investing in Montana and Wyoming.
If Yellowstone pops, we're all FUBAR anyways.  Nothing much to be done by worrying about it.  May as well make use of it while it's playing nice-nice.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

Dilbert_X wrote:

It is true, could be truly cataclysmic.
It will only happen in a very, very short amount of your lifetime, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. But yes, more sex all the same.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
You'll still get Muslims dancing and singing in the streets when it happens, even if it does also screw them over a few weeks later
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6677|Disaster Free Zone
I'm sure I'll be fine :p
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6443|Boulder, CO
I dunno about the "If yellowstone pops we're all FUBAR anyhow" bit, humanity survived the Toba eruption and that was nearly double the size of the last yellowstone eruption. I see no reason why humanity wouldn't survive a yellowstone eruption, or any other supervolcano eruption.

Can't wait to start my Earth and Environmental Science degree later this year .
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

rdx-fx wrote:

Aww, they missed the fun parts of volcanic fallout.

Like the crystalline rock shard ash shredding your lungs from the inside out, until you suffocate on the puree'd remnants of your own lungs

Like the fine silty ash congealing into a solid mass of cement in your lungs

Like the burning hot clouds of sulfuric acid boiling you to death while dissolving key parts of you into mush.

Geez, what fun is an Apocalyptic Doomsday Scenario without the graphic "everybody panic" descriptions...  slackers!

Seriously, though.
Yellowstone Caldera has more volume of magma under it than the rest of the worlds volcanoes combined
It's like "Here's Yellowstone.. aaaaaand here's everyf***ingwhereelse.  This is the definition of F***ed - everywhere else is a sideshow"

Now..
If we could get some geothermal electrical plants set up to draw on all that heat energy (in Yellowstone) for our stationary power grid in North & South America, we'd be sitting pretty.  Think: Nuclear reactor setup, but without the uranium-heating-up-the-steam part of the operation - Yellowstone Caldera would provide the heat in place of 'scary' uranium.

Add some good old Fischer-Tropsch coal-to-diesel processing for our transportation energy requirements (coal.. which that same general Montana/Wyoming area has in amazing abundance too...).  I'm thinking the smart money is investing in Montana and Wyoming.
If Yellowstone pops, we're all FUBAR anyways.  Nothing much to be done by worrying about it.  May as well make use of it while it's playing nice-nice.
if it happens bf2s should stay up! so we canz chat while the volcano is erupting
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

Mekstizzle wrote:

You'll still get Muslims dancing and singing in the streets when it happens, even if it does also screw them over a few weeks later
yea they'll be like woot yeah thats what u get America! then after like couple weeks or so the earth will freeze and they'll die 2 lolz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thats a very selfish view of the whole thing....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard