cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4581943

Thomas Beatie, a former woman who is now a pregnant man, defended his decision today to have a baby, saying he has a "right to have a biological child."

Despite removing his breasts, growing a wispy beard and legally having his gender changed from female to male, Beatie, 34, kept his female sex organs intact because he hoped to have a child some day.

After years of struggling with his sexual identity and deciding to live as a man, he did the most womanly thing possible -- he became pregnant.

In an exclusive interview with Oprah Winfrey, Beatie said his lifelong desire to have children motivated him to use his still working female reproductive organs when he learned that Nancy, his wife of five years, was unable to conceive.

"I actually opted not to do anything to my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day. I see pregnancy as a process and it doesn't define who I am," Beatie told Winfrey.

"I feel it's not a male or female desire to have a child. It's a human need. I'm a person and I have the right to have a biological child."

He has an intact vagina, but he he did not say how he would deliver the baby.

Beatie, who was born Tracy, said he first felt he was trapped in the wrong body when he was in his 20s. He quickly went from a Miss Teen Hawaii USA finalist to taking testosterone and growing a beard.

"Sexuality is completely different than your gender," he said, responding to a question about why he did not remain a lesbian woman. "I felt more comfortable being the male gender."

"It was difficult for society to respect the way I felt inside if I didn't look like a man outside. I started wearing men's clothes and people started regarding me as a man."

Despite having two adult children from her first marriage, Nancy said she could no longer have children because she had her uterus removed.

"It wasn't difficult because I can't have children," Nancy said. "I had endometriosis and they had to remove my womb, therefore I don't have a womb."

Beatie and Nancy tried to conceive once before with him carrying the child, but the pregnancy was unsustainable because the fertilized egg had implanted outside of the uterus.
aimless
+166|6117|Texas
tranny
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

I'm surprised whoever wrote the article didn't slip up and put she instead of he.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6334|Atlanta, Georgia
*shudders*
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

How is "he" considered male then?  Shouldn't "he" still be considered female, or am I missing something here?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6147|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Winston_Churchill wrote:

How is "he" considered male then?  Shouldn't "he" still be considered female, or am I missing something here?
He/She is legally considered a Male and looks like a male, but on the deep inside(Uterus) He/She's a female.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I got in trouble for writing a piece in the Uni magazine about this, it offended some of the trans-gender people who objected to the term "it".
Although I understand the negative conotations and believe me I would refer to people by their appropriate gender if I could but I think I speak for all hetrosexuals when I say sometimes the line gets so blurred it's simply impossible to tell. Case in point, Thomas Beatie.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6213|cs_connecticut‬‭
Poor wife
aimless
+166|6117|Texas

Klinka-Klinko wrote:

Poor wife
which one?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5783|Dublin, Ohio
from oprah to maury in a couple years I predict.

MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6160
As long as he/she is not retarded or poor, he/she can have as many kids as he/she wants.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6336|tropical regions of london

cpt.fass1 wrote:

He has an intact vagina
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Why would people do this to themselves in the name of identity?
Defiance
+438|6663

usmarine2 wrote:

from oprah to maury in a couple years I predict.
Slightly unrelated. TV these days physically disgusts me.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6563|USA
she still looks like a girl. just one with a really gay beard.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

As long as he/she is not retarded or poor, he/she can have as many kids as he/she wants.
So you think poor people should not have children?

Geez.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5954|Washington DC

Ender2309 wrote:

dude looks like a lady?
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6213|cs_connecticut‬‭

aimless wrote:

Klinka-Klinko wrote:

Poor wife
which one?
The one that has a vag- OH WAIT. Um the one without the beard!
csmag
+92|6439|Canada

HurricaИe wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

dude is a lady?
fixed.
Stimey
­
+786|6112|Ontario | Canada
Protip: MEDIA GRAB
­
­
­
­
­
­
Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool

HurricaИe wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

dude looks like a lady?

I predict the kid will end up being endlessly teased and/or go emo/hero
MECtallica
+73|6497|jalalabad
Beatie said his lifelong desire to have children motivated him to use his still working female reproductive organs when he learned that Nancy, his wife of five years, was unable to conceive.

NO SHIT?! WHY?

is it because he doesnt have a penis?
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6155|Houston, Texas

NeXuS4909 wrote:

*shudders*
liquix
+51|6446|Peoples Republic of Portland
who cares, none of our damn business.
Mavik
+22|5769|Germany