FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
www.getdropbox.com

Watch the video on the site. Seems like a good idea to be honest, and if they keep it secure and well managed, I reckon it can become a very good thing.

Also, if you're interested in trying it, PM me your email and I'll send you an invite for the beta.

Only two invites left from me, but try asking other people in this thread, as each person gets 10 invites

Sorry, out of invites

Last edited by FFLink13 (2008-06-29 06:59:37)

Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Platypus + Chocolate Rain...
The guy is brilliant.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC
Do want
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

i like the idea
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Seems pretty cool...basically it'll be the alternative to backing up your files onto an external HDD? Sounds good to me.

And lol @ chocolate rain.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6124|Vancouver, BC, Canada
WELL THAT WAS FAST

I sent a request literally 2 mins ago.

Karmaz.

We should make a Collaborative BF2s Dropbox

I'll make the account, send me yer emails so I can invite yoo to the box.

Edit:

P.S. We each only get 10 invites to Dropbox, so if anyone wants one, PM me their email and I'll send one out.

Last edited by **LiLp-DeFiNeD (2008-06-26 14:17:02)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
wow thats cool
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
looks very cool. I expect in a couple months it will be alot slower as the servers get more and more pressure put on them.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
For those that already have a box:

Send me your email, and I'll add you to the collaborative box,

So far, we have PR0N in there, Screenies from 2 different games, 3 sets of localization files, a birdie flipping naked monkey.
And a whole bunch more
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
I've signed up, looks cool.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6189|Phoenix, AZ
Thats an awesome idea.

But yeah as Villham said, thats a lot of bandwith even if they do have methods to save it.

I mean they might also get crap because people will probably be sharing a lot of music through it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I'm a little reserved when it comes to beta testing a product that involves broad access to files on my personal computer.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

I'm a little reserved when it comes to beta testing a product that involves broad access to files on my personal computer.
It's not broad, they just place a folder in My Documents, and you drag what you want in there.

P.S. 4 More invites, get em while they're here.

Last edited by **LiLp-DeFiNeD (2008-06-26 22:06:22)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
To be fair you don't know what the program is doing in the background. Just like I could make a program that does one thing but at the same time deletes a critical win32 file thus crashing your computer and forcing you to do a reinstall of everything.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Vilham wrote:

To be fair you don't know what the program is doing in the background. Just like I could make a program that does one thing but at the same time deletes a critical win32 file thus crashing your computer and forcing you to do a reinstall of everything.
Yeah, true, but I reinstall XP so often it won't make much difference to me XD
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It's not broad, they just place a folder in My Documents, and you drag what you want in there.

So you hope.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

So you hope.
Either way, I don;t have anything deadly on my computer, worst that could happen is I have to reconfigure my BF2 controls(And we all know how much of a bitch that can be...)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

So you hope.
Either way, I don;t have anything deadly on my computer, worst that could happen is I have to reconfigure my BF2 controls(And we all know how much of a bitch that can be...)
I'm also half teasing here. I'll probably give it a whirl with my laptop and work computer. I use Logmein/FTP/Server right now. Drop Box looks promising.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

I'm also half teasing here. I'll probably give it a whirl with my laptop and work computer. I use Logmein/FTP/Server right now. Drop Box looks promising.
Yeah, I used to use logmein, then I realized the simplicity of Remote Desktop, and since I (Used to) host my site on my own computer,  remembering my ip was as simple as remembering my site(www.thegreendonkey.com) so I'd just type that in for remote desktop and I'd be in
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Yeah, I used to use logmein, then I realized the simplicity of Remote Desktop, and since I (Used to) host my site on my own computer,  remembering my ip was as simple as remembering my site(www.thegreendonkey.com) so I'd just type that in for remote desktop and I'd be in
I have about 8 computers now with logmein. When my friends need help I make them add their computer first . Logmein has gotten to be very smooth. Even with crappy connections.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Yeah, I've gotten used to Remote desktop, if a friend needs help, they most likely tell me on MSN, then I just instruct them to the "Request assistance" button.

Logmein is really only good for your own computers, I find the installation of the Software too cumbersome to explain over MSN/phone.
Mbe they redid it since I last used it(1? year ago)

Either way,
To each their own.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Yeah, I've gotten used to Remote desktop, if a friend needs help, they most likely tell me on MSN, then I just instruct them to the "Request assistance" button.

Logmein is really only good for your own computers, I find the installation of the Software too cumbersome to explain over MSN/phone.
Mbe they redid it since I last used it(1? year ago)

Either way,
To each their own.
Messenger lags bad.. no really it does. lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Orly?

I've only really needed to help someone on it once, and I was on the neighbors 802.11B WiFi 2 houses down, so I assumed it was the WiFi XD
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Double post

Did I mention FREE SPACE

Even if you feel you don't need it right now, might as well sign up,

Dropbox FAQ wrote:

# After the Beta period, is Dropbox going to continue to be free to use?

We haven't fully determined a pricing structure yet, but the high level plan at this point is:

* Free accounts (on the order of 1GB of space)
    * Paid accounts (likely different tiers of space allotment)
    * Beta users will keep their accounts (with more storage than the free accounts) after launch
So WE, beta users, get 2GB Space while regular people only get 1.

I'm wondering what the pricing structure'll be like, if it's somehting like $1 per GB per Year(With volume pricing) I'd totally Pay for it.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Sounds interesting

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard