JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
I feel like I should be on a Nature channel show or something...maybe something narrated by Steve Irwin. I've had a hell of a time getting into a BTR-90 to get my 10 kills in it for the Jackhammer. Where in the hell can I find one besides Oman conquest? Specifically I'm trying to determine what game modes/map sizes it would be on.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2011-12-27 09:56:48)

gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
sharqi
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
Karkand?

and steve irwin is dead

Last edited by eusgen (2011-12-27 09:38:28)

JdeFalconr
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA

eusgen wrote:

Karkand?

and steve irwin is dead
Well it would be narrated by him if he was alive...maybe it was an old documentary?

So the better question is which game modes/maps would it be on?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Dunno about consoles but Conquest Large on Karkand and Sharqi has it.

Too bad they made all the APC's/IFV's identical in terms of the main cannon, too much symmetry in this game for my liking. In BF2 the BTR had a fast fire rate but small splash, the LAV was an all-rounder and the Chinese APC was slow firing but a beast. Details like that are missing in BF3. The only real difference in vehicles I've seen (apart from model/texture) is with the F35 and the Havoc, which are vastly inferior to their counterparts. Maybe the SU-35 is a little less manoeuvrable than the F/A-18, but it's not that noticeable.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Yeah the symmetry in this game is pissing me off. I like how the Marines had a burst-firing M16A2 and the MEC and PLA had automatic assault rifles. It added a sort of personality to each faction since they had to play differently to adapt to their weapons and vehicles. I prefer the core gameplay of BF2. Had BF3 been a BF2 remake without the crap of BF2 it would have been a much better game.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

okay
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
1) Karkand: East of Gatehouse, near the redzone
2) Sharqi: Northern RU uncap (you can't actually start there - there has to be an empty vehicle to spawn in)

Both of those are on conquest large. Don't know about rush/CQS.
JdeFalconr
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
Thanks everyone, looks like going to those maps on Conquest Large was the key. I had no trouble securing a BTR-90 or the requisite 10 kills.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
Bf2
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5923

Mekstizzle wrote:

Dunno about consoles but Conquest Large on Karkand and Sharqi has it.

Too bad they made all the APC's/IFV's identical in terms of the main cannon, too much symmetry in this game for my liking. In BF2 the BTR had a fast fire rate but small splash, the LAV was an all-rounder and the Chinese APC was slow firing but a beast. Details like that are missing in BF3. The only real difference in vehicles I've seen (apart from model/texture) is with the F35 and the Havoc, which are vastly inferior to their counterparts. Maybe the SU-35 is a little less manoeuvrable than the F/A-18, but it's not that noticeable.
Yeah agreed. But the problem DICE has is people moaning about it all being imbalanced. It's a lose lose unfortunately
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I just unlocked the APFSAFXZ-T rounds for APC's, you can basically do a continuous stream of rounds from the main cannon with that unlock, granted the AFPSOCD shells don't do any splash damage, it's the best alternative IMO as it does damage to vehicles (unlike coaxial LMG) and isn't slow (like the missile) and you can still kill infantry with direct hits.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah....yeah DICE is gonna nerf this. Only reason it hasn't been nerfed yet is because it's a late unlock and before B2K came around it was hard to get points in APC's because they were only in like one map.

DICE can't let the precious engineers stop having their fun, stinger/igla already disables aircraft in one hit, javelin can take out aircraft and ground vehicles in one hit, carbines are the best guns in the game and jets and helicopters keep getting nerfed, apc's are next.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2011-12-29 05:30:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard