GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
I have this issue with a DVD that I bought and the store wont let me return it unless the disk is unreadable.

Any idea of how I can make the disk unreadable with out wrecking my microwave and with out leaving a mark?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

You could try warping it with a heat gun??? I dunno man.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
GR34
if only I had one
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

Make a thin scratch with a cardboard cutter on the label side.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine
A microwave.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England
soak it in water then dry it out
Brasso
+1,549|6600

GR34 wrote:

if only I had one
a hair dryer works well in a pinch.  i've used it to get rather stubborn stock NB and SB heatsinks off.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine

SamBo:D wrote:

That's not going to do shit. Water doesn't really effect plastic...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Why would they only want it back if it's unreadable?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5950|Toronto
Break it in half?

Seriously: pour acid on it in one spot.
I like pie.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

CrazeD wrote:

SamBo:D wrote:

That's not going to do shit. Water doesn't really effect plastic...
affect
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6117|Texas
rub a magnet on it?
Brasso
+1,549|6600

GGF0RCE wrote:

rub a magnet on it?
afaik reflective matterial doesnt get affected by magnets
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

What is the issue with it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
Post it to me and I'll stick it in my DVD drive. That usually does the trick quite nicely!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6729|San Antonio, Texas

liquidat0r wrote:

Post it to me and I'll stick it in my DVD drive. That usually does the trick quite nicely!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Or stick it in a 360.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6384|Finland

I think freezer + hot air blower just might do it. the fast temperature change is likely to cause some shit.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-06-16 15:50:46)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
GR34
i took a fucking torch to it it made a small bubble then freezer. I did put a test one in the microwave it looked

Mutantbear wrote:

What is the issue with it
its a shitty game

Last edited by GR34 (2009-06-16 17:21:20)

Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Won't the store try the disk to see if it's unreadable, then notice that you blow-torched it?
GR34

Ryan wrote:

Won't the store try the disk to see if it's unreadable, then notice that you blow-torched it?
they did not notice. the lady was like wow your disk is fucked
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
Some discs do come with manufacturing faults (have seen brand new discs come in store with epic burn marks around them) so it is passable (sometimes)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard