ZDRuX
+0|6674
In the length of owning (no pun intended ) the game (4 months) I've had this happen to me twice, but both times were just recently.

I would be playing in a round - doing my own thing, and then the game freezes for a sec and *boom* I find myself back at the server selection screen with the little punkbuster window telling me I've been kicked because of MD5Tool Mismatch: 00000000.256 (Should be 2048) [or something similiar].

Anyone have any ideas? Or have had this happen to them? It's pretty obvious that punkbuster is finding something in my client it doesn't like, but only happened twice in the entire time i've owned the game, perhaps someone has some ideas as to what's causing this. The only *remote* possibility I can see is my RAM perhaps going bad and improperly allocating some parts of the game, making PB think I`m running a cheat or something.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
ZDRuX
+0|6674
Like it states on their page, PB should update itself automatically. And if for some reason mine has NOT updated, it would not let me even join the game, is that not true? I`m hoping it's maybe some sort of software that interfering, or my last chance is that someone had this as well, I`ll have my fingers crossed

But thanks for the link, I`ll keep it handy.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
well u can also submit a support ticket with them.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House
Try removing the completely reinstalling PB
ZDRuX
+0|6674
How do you do that? Isn't PB part of BF2? It's almost built-into the game is it not, is it as simple as deleting some files and re-installing them?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707

evenbalance.com wrote:

This kick has been added by the serveradmin to check the integrity of certain files on the client. These checks are not default and have to be manually added by the server-admin.

When you are kicked for a MD5Tool Mismatch you will always see the file in question. Example:

MD5Tool Mismatch: etpro/cgame_mp_x86.dll

Basically there are two different causes when you are kicked for a MD5 violation:

* The file DOES exist on your pc, while the server expected you would NOT have it

* The file does exist on your pc, while the server expected a different version (different MD5 hash).

When you are kicked for such a violation, check if you have this file or not. When it's not part of the default installation of the game, deleting this file might be needed. When you do have this file, make sure you have the original and latest official version of this file. Reinstalling of either the latest game patch(es) or the game might be needed.
ZDRuX
+0|6674
Hmmm, that's some good info there. I found the paper where I wrote exactly what the message was: MD5Tool Mismatch: 00000000.256(LEN:2048) so it seems like although similiar, the problem is not *exactly* like mine since I don't have anything even close to 00000000.256 as any files in any of the bf2 dirs. It gives me a good starting point though, I thank you for your time you took to find this info.

I DID find an interesting file in my bf2 dir though.. do you (or anyone else?) have the file "gp.info" in their main dir?!? Opening it up in notepad revealed the following info:

[49023165]
userid=40945489
valid=1
nick=ZDRuX
uniquenick=ZDRuX
[email protected]
firstname=
lastname=
homepage=
icquin=-1
zipcode=m9p2j8
countrycode=CA
birthday=1
birthmonth=1
birthyear=1970
sex=Pat
publicmask=0
aimname=
pic=0
occupationid=0
industryid=0
incomeid=0
marriedid=0
childcount=0
interests1=1
ownership1=0
conntypeid=1

...those fields don't seem like something BF2 would need? I mean "childcount" - WTF? Anybody else have this?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
thats slightly disturbing, I dont have it maybe it has something to do with the bf2 autoloader???? no idea
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
I ve found that gp.info file on my pc but i cant open it in notepad or with any other program.

Childcount, married, occupation, income... Thats all quite personal and i m wondering why ea is interested in this type information and how did they get it. I cant remember filling in any of this when i regestered my game.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
GameSpyArcade is the reason....Figures, I didnt install it cause i hate gamespy.
http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adwa … rcade.html

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-09 15:33:00)

ZDRuX
+0|6674
No no.. I'd rather run into a sharp knife than install any gamespy crap, let alone their server browser, so I still don't know where it came from and who the hell needs that info from me.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
if u did an automatic install of bf2 instead of custom it automatically installed the gamespy arcade for u..... hence the reason u have the file and i dont.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
I havent installed gamespy and i have the file...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
archive.md5 is just a file that makes sure all the files in your map have not been altered... you may have a bad installation of BF2 and your memory being bad might have caused it...
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels   the archive.md5 should be in all your map folders
oman,karkand... etc            CB
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard