1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State

eleven bravo wrote:

everybody does stupid things at least once in their lifetime.
true but it's hard to feel sorry for someone when they put alot of other people at risk

what if she killed the driver of the truck or someone else on the road?
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i feel sorry for her parents and her friends.  shit ould happen to any one of us.  somebody important in our lives gets killed due to a mistake.  then have assholes on the internet make fun of that tragedy as if they arent just as retarded as that mistake

Last edited by eleven bravo (2012-03-06 17:39:36)

Tu Stultus Es
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

eleven bravo wrote:

i feel sorry for her parents and her friends.  shit ould happen to any one of us.  somebody important in our lives gets killed due to a mistake.  then have assholes on the internet make fun of that tragedy as if they arent just as retarded as that mistake
Hurricane brought this to our attention so we do not make the same mistake.

I for one, think this a noble gesture and commend his actions.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

eleven bravo wrote:

She was texting her parents as well.  They are as much to blame for her death.  I don't feel sorry for them.  They should have told her to pull over if she needed to update them.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
i never text or even answer my phone when i drive. ever

i make it a point to give people the finger while they're on the phone driving, especially when they're driving like a dildo
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

I make stupid mistakes/decisions that can be avoided, everyday.  If in the process of me making an avoidable mistake, I kill myself, then, f*ck me.  If I kill someone else in the process, then f*ck me as well.  Stupid mistakes that can't be avoided and stupid mistakes that can be avoided, are not one and the same.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
I really dont share that view on this issue with you.  That "if i do it, oh well"  or "i never call or text while driving" well, bully for you.  it seems more like you share those statements as a self homage then to actually argue this point.  should your children pay the ultimate price for a silly mistake?  no.
Tu Stultus Es
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

eleven bravo wrote:

everybody does stupid things at least once in their lifetime.
Yup, this cost her a life. luckily she didn't kill anyone innocent.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

eleven bravo wrote:

I really dont share that view on this issue with you.  That "if i do it, oh well"  or "i never call or text while driving" well, bully for you.  it seems more like you share those statements as a self homage then to actually argue this point.  should your children pay the ultimate price for a silly mistake?  no.
If I kill my kids because of a mistake that I could have avoided, yes, it's my fault.  Has nothing to do with "oh well".  If it was my fault because I could have avoided it, it was my fault.  No excuses.  The girl did not have to text while driving.  It was not a silly mistake.

When driving alone, I do text when I drive, but only at stops.  But if I do end up killing myself, or someone else, I don't expect my grieving family to say it was a silly mistake.  I would want them to say it was my fault if it was an avoidable fault.

When my kids are with me, no texting at all.  Phone rings or need to make a call, my oldest makes or takes the call.  Likewise when my wife is with me.

There is no excuse if it's avoidable.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
so are you really justifying all the "hahah stupid bitch"?
Tu Stultus Es
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

eleven bravo wrote:

so are you really justifying all the "hahah stupid bitch"?
Not the haha part.  Stupid bitch part, yes.  Call me stupid for texting while not pulling over too.  You have the right to finger me. 

Hand's free,  phone on the side on caddy, bluetooth, conversation playing on my car speakers, so yeah, not quite in my face or on my ear.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

i never text or even answer my phone when i drive. ever

i make it a point to give people the finger while they're on the phone driving, especially when they're driving like a dildo
i usually wait until i get to a traffic light if i have to call or send a message.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Texting while driving 80mp/h is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. At that speed even a slight adjustment to the steering wheel can send you places you don't want to be.

I've been driving behind dumb women texting (never seen a male driving and texting) many times and they're usually driving around 10mp/h under the speed limit and zig-zagging like crazy.

(I only text at stop lights, and I never take calls)
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Texting the cinema could also be a terminal experience, its really fucking annoying.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
You mean texting in the cinéma? I hate it when somebody uses their phone during the movies.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Yup, not even a typo..
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Ilocano wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

She was texting her parents as well.  They are as much to blame for her death.  I don't feel sorry for them.  They should have told her to pull over if she needed to update them.
Anybody that knew she was driving and kept texting her back is partially to blame. But for fucks sakes, texting and facebooking at 80 mph is not a silly mistake. Thats as dumb as it gets. Especially since it wasn't one quick update text. It was a text every 90 fucking seconds. Better she go alone than take one or more with her eleven.
I do stupid shit all the time, but when I only have a chance of hurting myself. Not others.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
My car has a built-in Bluetooth hands-free, with controls on the hub of the steering wheel.
I press two buttons and can talk with people while my phone rests in my pocket.

Not keeping your eyes on the road and furthermore, changing focus from far away to your phone and back is the most stupid thing you can do.

Anyway, her problem was that she was trying to use texting to stay awake on a 4-hour ride through the night.
For her final message she deserves a "laurel wreath of irony" on her Darwin award.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yup, not even a typo..
he put the little ` over the "e" making it cinéma... which isn't the correct way to spell it...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
rdx-fx
+955|6562

eleven bravo wrote:

should your children pay the ultimate price for a silly mistake?  no.
As a parent, I sympathize with the girl's parents. 
No parent should have to bury their child.

On the other hand, as a parent, you have 18 years (or near enough) to teach your kids "This can get you in trouble, pay attention to what you're doing. THIS can get you killed, don't do it. And this can just ruin your life forever, think about it carefully before getting anywhere near it"

If you neglect to teach your children such essential things, you (as a parent) fail at life. 
You are awarded no points, and your DNA is removed from the gene pool, buh-bye.

Accidents happen.
Willful, negligent stupidity is generally self-inflicted.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

chilling ironic last text
Fixed.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Chilling last text wrote:

Its cold outside
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

batman: it's mr freeze! hlp kthx
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

There is too much ice in my glass of bleach but ill drink it anyway
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

rdx-fx wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

should your children pay the ultimate price for a silly mistake?  no.
As a parent, I sympathize with the girl's parents. 
No parent should have to bury their child.

On the other hand, as a parent, you have 18 years (or near enough) to teach your kids "This can get you in trouble, pay attention to what you're doing. THIS can get you killed, don't do it. And this can just ruin your life forever, think about it carefully before getting anywhere near it"

If you neglect to teach your children such essential things, you (as a parent) fail at life. 
You are awarded no points, and your DNA is removed from the gene pool, buh-bye.

Accidents happen.
Willful, negligent stupidity is generally self-inflicted.
The knowledge to not be on facebook whilst driving at 80mph isn't something that's passed down by parents like mortgage advice, it's a basic common sense survival shit like don't jump off a cliff, animals even know that. I don't think the parents are to blame, you can tell your kid something 100 times but they'll still do it. Unfortunately she chose to ignore the "don't distract yourself whilst driving 80mph" rather than ignore something like "don't drink too much red bull".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard