Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6693|Eastern PA

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Ghandi767 wrote:

For those wondering, SARC is basically a Corpsman for Force Recon/MARSOC.

I'd say SARC, but ultimately go where your heart says. Personally, I'd find Recon/MARSOC more interesting than SEALs, but it comes down to you. None of us are going to be with ya on the beach. If you went one, would you eventually be able to switch? Other than the 22 week SF Medic Sergeant Course, nothing is exactly the same but I have to believe if you pass Basic Airborne they'll let you skip basic static line, and if you pass BUD/S they'll let you skip Combatant Diver.
It's possible to switch, but it'll be extremely difficult to do so. Many Force Recon Marines go blue and try and be SEALs, and that's hard as hell. But, they can only spend 5 years in Recon, and there's a bunch of them. Currently, the Navy wants around 200 SARCs, and they only have about 100.

So... SARC to SEAL sounds like a bitch and a half with politics and papers.
Try BUD/S first then SARC as a backup if possible. Speaking of the Army, there are people that have washed out of Ranger School and aced Special Forces School and vice versa.

It all depends on where you are mentally and random physical factors, but best of luck on the path...or Tao of acEofspadEs6313.
Spazz
+7|6537
i say go for SRAC after your service ends you could move on to a medical job
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738
Go for both.

I think the navy seal decision will be made for u
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6663|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Spazz wrote:

i say go for SRAC after your service ends you could move on to a medical job
I can go into the medical field from either one. I'm a Hospital Corpsman right now, so no doubt they'd make me a medic if I made it past BUD/S.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard