Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6704|US
It's not that, i basically have 2 days all to myself (not back to back), and about 1 hour 5 days a week after work. I work 54 hours a week, so a pre-built is probably the way to go. Less headache and I can relax if something goes wrong I call them up and get it replaced (with hopefully not sending in the whole computer and have to pay shipping cost which actually should be in their service/parts/warranty).
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
I just found this Kickstarter for a USB cable that does a bunch of fancy things like not charging once the phone is done charging in order to not damage/heat up the battery but don't most modern Lithium Ion devices automatically do this anyway?
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

who's on win 10?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Me. Do it
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

_j5689_ wrote:

I just found this Kickstarter for a USB cable that does a bunch of fancy things like not charging once the phone is done charging in order to not damage/heat up the battery but don't most modern Lithium Ion devices automatically do this anyway?
If it weren't the case phones etc would be blowing up left right and centre - the device generally manages itself, its not done by the charger.

Its actually a struggle to make a charger which can respond to all the available devices in the right way - its still worthwhile to have a branded USB charger for your device to get the max charge rate/not set your house on fire.

There are some USB chargers which are positively dangerous, there is not enough isolation between HV and LV, cheapo USB chargers are not worth it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6465|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Dilbert_X wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

If it weren't the case phones etc would be blowing up left right and centre - the device generally manages itself, its not done by the charger.

Its actually a struggle to make a charger which can respond to all the available devices in the right way - its still worthwhile to have a branded USB charger for your device to get the max charge rate/not set your house on fire.

There are some USB chargers which are positively dangerous, there is not enough isolation between HV and LV, cheapo USB chargers are not worth it.
Seems like Kickstarter has pulled the plug from this funding. Wonder what happened?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
They realised It was stupid?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ultrafunkula

Then again, there's already this http://www.asmocharger.com/en/

Although the ASMO isn't a USB charger.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

the best thread, or topic, on bf2s;

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=98

and noone's been there for awhile. We have alot of talent that visit's this website. i'd like to thank everyone that contributed, even if you don't log in anymore. The topic helped me, quite a bit. and as i look at it, so much is still relevant . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

problem - i woke up this morning and all my contacts on my iphone were gone.  If I go to contacts, it is completely blank.  When I go to messages, i can see numbers, but it doesn't list the name of the corresponding person.  If I create a new message, I can enter a contact's name and it will pop up, but this is the only place it shows anything.

Please Halp
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Looks like your phone is telling you to leave everything behind and start a new chapter in life. The tech thread cannot help you with that.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

I think you're on to something...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke
Have you not backed them up somewhere?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

i have them backed up on itunes. but still
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD

Steve-0 wrote:

who's on win 10?
I'm on it as well.  It's safe lol

A lot of people seem to still be holding on to 7, but if you have 8.1 then upgrading to 10 is a no-brainer.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Holding onto 7 until I have what information I want properly backed up on fresh discs. Will probably do before 2016.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

i probably won't upgrade to Win10 until im forced to.

so my contacts were restored today.  i had them backed up on itunes, but i guess they were synced to my outlook and we migrated to office 365, so in between the migration and the setup of the new outlook account information on my phone it went dark.

everything is fine now, so thanks for all your help!
MajorSpittle
+7|3082|Oregun
I got win 10. Win7 is better.  Vista 64 is still the best imo. 

10 gets bitchy and tries to force the cloud down your throat.  It is definitely engineered with government and corporate interests in mind.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke

MajorSpittle wrote:

Vista 64 is still the best imo.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

MajorSpittle wrote:

10 gets bitchy and tries to force the cloud down your throat.  It is definitely engineered with government and corporate interests in mind.
Force what kind of cloud down whose throat now?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD

MajorSpittle wrote:

You can just go to the settings for OneDrive and tell it not to start up anymore
Ultrafunkula

What would be a simple and decent FREE desktop recording software? Need to film an instructional video, when a colleague is doing his magic via VPN, on how to mess around with templates in a ticketing system. No sound recording needed. Just the clicks n' typings is all I need.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

sharex, if you're computer savvy. It's not self explanatory, but it does what you're after.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Ultrafunkula

Hey, that seems to work just the way I want. Thanks tazz! I'll buy you a Fosters next time I'm in upside down world
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

i have never seen a fosters in a pub here.

ever. hahaha
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard