Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

Literally every single time? Or just a hell of a lot less?
Read this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxIBzW … cslist_api

If you don't get pissed off reading it and change your view on cops and the war on drugs...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
So the guy that got shot in Ohio had 13 kids and was only 43. How do you have that many kids?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
oh right I was arguing police brutality in the US and abroad.

anyway the point I was trying to make is that when a US cop kills somebody, in the news (and to everybody online) it's always 'oh he was over militarized, over roided, fat, had and IQ of 13, etc. etc.' but when any cop from any other country kills somebody it's always '... well it only happens once every blue moon, so lets not discuss why or pass any blame'.

I was conceding it happens about a jillion times times more often in the US but still couldn't get an answer on why there seems to be 0 blame when it happens elsewhere, regardless of the frequency. In response I only got facts on the frequency - which I agree with.

anyway, somebody arguing against can have the last word. this forum will be gonezo soon so we shouldn't spend our last days squandering it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
There is blame when it happens overseas. but most of the times when our cops shoot someone it turned out to be completely justified. in the UK most cops don't even carry firearms and the ones that do have a serious amount of training before they can carry compared to aus at least (since every cop has to carry one).
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3423

pirana6 wrote:

anyway the point I was trying to make is that when a US cop kills somebody, in the news (and to everybody online) it's always 'oh he was over militarized, over roided, fat, had and IQ of 13, etc. etc.' but when any cop from any other country kills somebody it's always '... well it only happens once every blue moon, so lets not discuss why or pass any blame'.

I was conceding it happens about a jillion times times more often in the US but still couldn't get an answer on why there seems to be 0 blame when it happens elsewhere, regardless of the frequency. In response I only got facts on the frequency - which I agree with.

anyway, somebody arguing against can have the last word. this forum will be gonezo soon so we shouldn't spend our last days squandering it.
no blame when it happens elsewhere?

you do know what triggered the London riots, right? a drug dealer got shot.

ever heard of jean charles de menezes? i can assure you almost every single Brit has.

you're talking bollocks. don't let your pig ignorance of affairs outside your own country convince yourself that's actually how it is, just becos, well, you said so to construct a flabby argument.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

pirana6 wrote:

Because maybe people outside the US are a bit more rational?

If someone is shot deservedly then people tend not to worry about it, when its questionable they do react. There are very few police shootings in most developed countries, and on the whole the police have tried to do the right thing, whereas in the US the police are far more trigger-happy over minor infractions.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Because maybe people outside the US are a bit more rational?

If someone is shot deservedly then people tend not to worry about it, when its questionable they do react. There are very few police shootings in most developed countries, and on the whole the police have tried to do the right thing, whereas in the US the police are far more trigger-happy over minor infractions.
Well, part of it stems from frustration due to our justice system. A lot of them feel they need to take the law into their own hands because they see so many obviously guilty individuals get off due to what they deem to be technicalities. Never mind that these technicalities are usually blatant disregard for due process like coerced admissions, unwarranted searches etc. Mention the ACLU around any american cop and watch them fly into a rage.

I'm not siding with them in any way, however. I feel that cops should be largely disarmed. They obviously can't be trusted with the responsibility.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
Many Police, or maybe its the people who go into the Police, seem to believe they have a god-like ability to sort innocent from guilty and hence should be free to mete out justice as they see fit. Various studies have shown this, just as various studies have shown veteran cops are no better than the average person.

In most countries the role of the police is solely to gather evidence, put people in front of courts and let juries decide. When they try to expand their powers they are generally slapped down.

Police in the US are so far down the track of being a para-military force in a good-versus-evil battle they've well and truly forgotten their role. That so many police are ex-military and spent years having it drummed into them they were in a good-versus-evil fight to the death doesn't help.

I don't like ex-military in the Police, its bad enough having them on shooting ranges in my experience.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-07-23 05:57:21)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
This happened yesterday in Cali

Hate to Monday morning quarterback here, but they should have maybe blocked his car in with other police cars and not stand behind him. Also not shoot him 40 times. His mother called him to do a mental health check. Never call the police on someone you care about.

This happened in Ohio a few months back. The officer was charged with murder.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
wasnt even 2 months ago
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Any updates?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
Haven't seen anything since it came out that there was weed in the car. Like all of a sudden it was ok.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Felon Island still uses the "snitches get stitches" mantra

https://www.rt.com/news/313204-aussie-c … i-charged/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard