_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Yeah, I didn't like it that much though.  Maybe I didn't play for long enough but it just had a weird feel to it
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I hear it was frustrating when it first came into beta during the one hit kill confusion. But now they have a cross section following the shell and where you hit resulting in the damage.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
Anyone want to buy my WOT account.  Like $400 spent on the game, shit tons of premium tanks, 9 teir 10 tanks as i recall, ninja lvl 3 crews up the ass.

Is it worth anything to anyone? http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Majo … 001000990/

Will trade for star citizen crap.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

$400 for a mediocre WN8, ~50% overall W:L and 20,000 battles in to lock both more or less into place. Lots of grinding done, but a handful of tier 10 tanks with poor battle results to show for it. Type 59 and E-25 (both good to have), but no Pz. II J. Buyer would be expected to both abandon their existing account, feel obliged to get their money's worth of playtime in, and violate WG's terms of service while they're at it. Plus there's always that matter where you could tear the rug out from under their feet at any moment.

Nah.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
I didn't say I wanted $400 for the game.  And yes, I played for fun and not stats.  I would drink and socialize with friends while playing, do stupid stuff to enjoy myself while playing.

I was no professional at the game but when I have played serious I am a solid blue player.  let me know if you want to platoon some time, we use steam for comms.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Oh, well in that case, it's still a violation of tos to give away your account.

Played a bunch of WoT this year. AMX ELC bis is my favorite, but not statistically best. Was working hard on tanks I could crew with my Berlin BiA crews, (currently Comet, KV-13, KV-85, SU-122152), but solo PvP was so toxic that I've moved on to Armored Warfare. The PvE option lets you cut players each match down to 5 from 30, and reduces the amount of times you encounter handi-capable antics. Also, its tanks aren't the forevergrinds of WoT.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
TOS, well aren't you just a saint to give a shit.

The only thing toxic with WOT is the software controlling MM/Rng.  Randomness is not very random in the game.  When playing arty I can tell if I'm on the designated win team or lose team over over 80% of the time (kept track over half a dozen 10+ game sessions).  How do I know, well you can watch your first couple shots either auto miss or auto hit what you aim at.  But I still enjoy playing a game that requires little thought, you can drink during, and have a good visit with people.  You can play it serious in a platoon and really use strategy, or just load up in TOGs, KV2s or arty and fail about the battle field having fun.

Anymore I mainly play the premium tanks, I really like tier 8.  I don't do clan wars so tier 10 is pointless and as you said the grind is complete BS.

Anyway, I am sick of the small map sizes and limited number of people playing per round.  If the maps were 5 times larger and 30 man teams I could enjoy it still.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Just sayin' the account could be locked if the transfer was discovered.

Anything other than the troll British Bishop onward I can't stand as far as SPG's in WoT goes. Aim aim aim aim aim fire, failed RNG, wait another half minute or more. SU-26 is still fun sans derp, but I see too many tier v matches where I can't pen half the tanks on the other team. On the other hand, I like what AW did with their SPG's. Dial down damage, improve aim time and rate of fire, give special abilities like smoke and illumination. Difference is night/day. It's gotten to the point where I make excuses not to join on Steam friends' toons when they're WoTing (which was where I had the most fun, win or lose). Maybe I'm just burnt out on the thing.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
Arty is best played with Pizza.  I never played AW, but did try WT ground forces and enjoyed that. 

Like you I am just burnt out.  I start wot up when really bored or sometimes my brother and I will play at night on weekend drinking and catching up, so it is still good for that.

I can't get into any games these days.  Was excited for Dayz, meh.  Arma2 was good, but now meh.  Kerbal Space Program was fun, now meh. 

Computer games are just boring right now.  I keep waiting for Star Citizen, but I fear that will be meh also like Dayz turned out to be.  I have a $1500 dollar + computer system and nothing worth playing on it.

I miss BF2, everything after BF2 sucked.  Arma2/3 was almost good, but not as good as BF2 was. BF2 had Perfect map size, Perfect number of players, no extreme twitch play...... it just worked well.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I totally recommend AW. It's fast-paced, responsive, and just fun. Throwing yourself off a cliff in a Sheridan at full speed and blowing up a tank with your derpy 152mm gun before you land. 10 targets pop up in front of you, fire smoke, and scoot away unscathed. If you whip up an account now I think you can still get the T-62 Veteran just from launching the game (Veterans Day bonus). Best of all, progression is reasonable even without premium.

I've never got into the Star Citizen spirit. I suppose as a result, I've just been pining for Freelancer (Space Wolves helped for a bit) while browsing my library for games to play:

Got to level 16 in Borderlands 2 Pre-Sequel, then had the story scattered to hell when a friend joined. Need to make one for solo (probably using Athena). I had a blast on 7 Days to Die, but I'd recommend waiting for Alpha 13 before trying it.

And then there's the wishlist:

Looking forward to Trackmania Turbo, but I really want to add one of those Logitech wheel sets to go with it and the other car games in my library. May even replay Mafia 1 with it if compatible. Almost bought Minecraft Story Mode, then remembered all the Telltale-type games I never finished, particularly (the non-Telltale) Life is Strange, so pass. Same with GTA V and Fallout 4, considering I never beat their predecessors.

Vermintide and Battlefleet Gothic? Worth noting, but I can still get my Warhammer fix on Space Marine and Soulstorm. And then there's the requisite handful of indies that I've already seen on Youtube, so what's the point.

Nothing is really screaming "PLAY ME" right now except AW, World of Guns (until I unlock what i want and lose interest), and a bunch of old games that I've already played hours of. As a result, more time to catch up on backlogged novels.

R.I.P., Battlefield 2.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
I will be on WOT later. 

Beer, WOT.  We could pwn people like noobz and laugh at them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard