CC-Marley
+407|6819
Anyone?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
don't own any headsets myself. sort by price/rating on amazon or newegg?
good luck
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

I have the Razr Tiamat 7.1's.  They were around $200 i think.  Wired, I like them but they are a little bulky. The sound is great.  How much do you want to pay?
CC-Marley
+407|6819
@$200 would be max. I don't want to go too crazy. I'll check them out. Thanks Ken.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
how about headphones + mic
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
CC-Marley
+407|6819
I just ordered the Tiamat 7.1 from Amazon Warehouse for $110+.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Why has the U.K. been hiding these awesomely cheap little Linx tablets?

Shipping was about the same as VAT would've cost me apparently so it still came to £69.96, converted to $108.00 USD overall.  The thing costs less than $10 more than an actual Windows 8.1 license does since MS gives 8.1 away for free to devices with screens less than 9" in size, that's insane, lol.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
get one of the bf2s laddies to buy one and ship it over the pond.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
I did buy one.  You can log in to Amazon UK with the same U.S. info and then it just converts your USD to GBP when you buy, you don't even need to pay their VAT tax.  First thing I've ever ordered from Europe, hopefully it won't take them a whole 10 days like they projected
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Whats a good DVD ripper software?
I need to copy DVDs without the region coding, or write them to HD.

I travel around a bit, and country towns are very boring. My old multi-region DVD player has no HDMI output and most hotel TVs have only HDMI in these days.

You'd think that given DVD is a dead format DVD players on the market would be multi-region.....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Thanks, that covers burning to disc, what is best for ripping the DVDs in the first place?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

It seems like one of my HDDs has to re-index, or re-load, or something every couple of days. It's a 2TB drive I've had for a few years now. Does this mean it's dying?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
What specifically is it doing?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

When I navigate in Windows Explorer, it hangs and takes a while to load up all the folders and files. That's the best way I can explain it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
is it indexing or defragging?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
I mapped the losers trying to hack into my computer:

https://batchgeo.com/map/0a85fbe734ab70 … 4b15472282

tldr: f u china
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6766|Moscow, Russia

mtb0minime wrote:

It seems like one of my HDDs has to re-index, or re-load, or something every couple of days. It's a 2TB drive I've had for a few years now. Does this mean it's dying?
check the SMART first. if HDD is about to give up the ghost some indications can usually be found there.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

I guess I had too many torrents active at one time, taking up all the read/write bandwidth. Had this happen before. All's good now.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
So if a laptop does this after installing a few updates on a fresh Windows 7 installation, would you say it's a hard drive issue?  Or an internal component issue?

https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/_j5689_/Public%20Stuff/IMG_0826.jpg

The guy said he did slam it shut at one point when he was angry about something but it didn't cause damage to the screen itself.  I reformatted and then everything went well again until I installing SP1 and then all of a sudden it wouldn't boot past preparing the desktop.  Probably a new hard drive needed I would guess

Last edited by _j5689_ (2015-05-27 07:07:26)

Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

no, that's a cable that goes from the vidcard to the display issue. The lines are equidistant and there's a definite pattern. the only time a driver causes this in display is when the refresh rate is x times the response time minus the resolution, with x being a percentage of of the resolution height times a fraction of the refresh rate in kHz.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
It went away after restarting though, wouldn't it be more frequent if it was something like that?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

It went away after restarting though, wouldn't it be more frequent if it was something like that?
If it's a loose connection or something it could be completely random. opening/closing it could cure/cause the problem each time.
Brasso
+1,549|6621

i have a setup of 4 monitors that run at 1080p. a single Nvidia GTX 770 4GB provides display output to all 4 monitors. i play games on one of these monitors.

i run all games as borderless windowed if possible. in most games, i can keep my 3 other monitors enabled while maintaining a high framerate and good-looking graphics settings in the game i am playing. however, with more taxing games like The Witcher 3, i have to disable the 3 other monitors or else my framerate takes a shit.

i'm looking to upgrade my card and am trying to determine whether i should be concerned about VRAM capacity. i know it's usually a concern at high resolutions like 4K. but since i only play games on one of the monitors, i feel like i'm somewhere in between a 1080p setup and a 4K setup.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
logitech: no more tech, not just logi.

sounds like something a 16 girl would shorten something to

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard