Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

what is wrong with it? symptoms?

the suspension is stiff as fuuuuck in my new car, driving over speedbumps/uneven roads is a nightmare (especially for passengers)
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
clunk over bumps of nearly any size. But only going above 5mph and less than 30mph, otherwise I hear nothing. I replaced a control arm/bushing a year or so ago and that had a different "clunk" noise than this. It's also coming from both sides of the front.
I just replaced the motor mount on the drivers side as well as the bushings for the sway bar hoping it was that, sadly it was not.
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6631|Pennsylvania

Sounds like a worn bushing ...or excessive play somewhere. If you have the motivation, get a good floor jack and get the weight off the front wheelz and crawl down there with a pry bar. Pry a little side to side on the control arms and look motion, ball joints at the spindles wear often, strut attach points get worn bolts. Pretty much just look around for slop.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
I briefly did that last time I had the front wheels off. Before I took them off I tried holding them on either side, as well as top/bottom, and seeing if they had any play (they did not). I took them off and grabbed each control arm to see if they did as well, and none did. Which is why I thought it may be shocks. It does sound like a bushing somewhere though.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
was given leftover pizza. had pineapple on it. had to pick it all off.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
CC-Marley
+407|6820
Pirana, how are your front brakes? Calipers? Pads? Rotors?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.

CC-Marley wrote:

Pirana, how are your front brakes? Calipers? Pads? Rotors?
All fine. I replaced the pads less than a year ago, rotors were fine when I did. I had to replace a rear caliper a little over a year ago.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Can the sway bar end links make a clunking?

It just dawned on me that; A) I never grabbed those to do the push-pull test to see if they had any play when I grabbed my other control arms. And B) whenever I change something on my sway bar (took it down to do the motor mount as well as to change their bushings) the clunking sound is slightly different, or doesn't occur as much on one said as it did in the past.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Yep, mine was when the bar was the slightest bit loose
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Does anyone think they know how much this toolbox cost? My coworker bought it. It has a lifetime warranty.

I don't think the price matches what you get and want to see what you guys think going by the eye test.
https://i.imgur.com/1z1ZZRs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
Shit like that is always ridiculously over priced for what you are actually getting.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

$1500
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
It was $4500. He 'only' paid $2500 for it when he traded in his smaller box.

I think $1500 is fair. The only way I can see it costing more than that is because of the warranty. The brand has a lifetime warranty on everything they make. They replace tools no questions asked.

But still, $4500 is a used car.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
lifetime warranty for a tool box
CC-Marley
+407|6820
If it was used he should of got it for $1500-2000.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

RTHKI wrote:

lifetime warranty for a tool box
its got tools in it too you dink
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
i stand by my post
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6631|Pennsylvania

3 years ago I was shopping for a new box. The snap-on truck wanted $3300.00 for the SS model box, which is smaller and made of some pretty thin gauge steel. I passed on the new box because another mechanic was selling his. The used box I bought is nearly identical in configuration to the one in mecbeth's post (instead of 2 long top drawers the split comes up 1 more drawer for 1 long top drawer). The box was made in the mid 90's I paid $1500 for it. Some of the drawer slides were rough, I wrote down the boxes serial and model #'s and went out to the truck and got all new slides for every drawer at no charge (over $300 worth). Life time warranty.....dam right. Of all the places I've worked and lived (Hawaii, Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Florida, and now Indiana) one thing I have noticed is that once a week a snap-on truck pulls up to the parking lot outside. Any broke tool is either fixed or replaced at no charge. You pay for the quality and support....and get it. I don't know want kind of box he traded in.......but $2500 for that box is a solid deal, and it will be worth that 20 years from now.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3952|SL,UT

tool box. that's what they call a hgouse in new jersey . . .
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
rent at my place is going up $300 /month.

Thanks amazon. You couldn't have built your company in a suburb like microsoft? Plus all the people that work there are completely socially inept so they don't do anything outside of work so they pay 80% of their income for rent.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
I thought you supported gentrification
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
me? I don't know that I've ever spoke of gentrification here.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Does anyone think they know how much this toolbox cost? My coworker bought it. It has a lifetime warranty.

I don't think the price matches what you get and want to see what you guys think going by the eye test.
Probably 12000
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

wheelsup@7 wrote:

3 years ago I was shopping for a new box. The snap-on truck wanted $3300.00 for the SS model box, which is smaller and made of some pretty thin gauge steel. I passed on the new box because another mechanic was selling his. The used box I bought is nearly identical in configuration to the one in mecbeth's post (instead of 2 long top drawers the split comes up 1 more drawer for 1 long top drawer). The box was made in the mid 90's I paid $1500 for it. Some of the drawer slides were rough, I wrote down the boxes serial and model #'s and went out to the truck and got all new slides for every drawer at no charge (over $300 worth). Life time warranty.....dam right. Of all the places I've worked and lived (Hawaii, Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Florida, and now Indiana) one thing I have noticed is that once a week a snap-on truck pulls up to the parking lot outside. Any broke tool is either fixed or replaced at no charge. You pay for the quality and support....and get it. I don't know want kind of box he traded in.......but $2500 for that box is a solid deal, and it will be worth that 20 years from now.
Meh it's all made in China now. Might as well buy craftsman
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Probably 12000
I was gonna say if its full of tools, 9-10k AU easy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard