KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

pirana6 wrote:

Caught Trouts HR ball last night. Threw it back. Can cross that off my bucket list
that's awesome!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
Caught it in my hat too. High fives all around the Safeco beer garden
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

I think it's laughable when people try to chase down foul balls, but a home run is definitely a horse of a different color.  I used to bring my glove to baseball games until i was like 20 haha
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
I still would if I stayed in my seat and it was in HR/Foul territory. Generally I just stand in one of the beer selling locations now though. Also, how can one double-fist with a glove?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

you know how a pitcher will hold his glove up to his face as he stares down a batter?  Imagine doing that, but just with a beer in the glove
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
But then you have to dump the beer to make a catch. How can you just selfishly dump a beer?
CC-Marley
+407|6819
Go KC.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6613|Little Bentcock
Bought a post season MLB.tv sub.

Goodbye work productivity
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

wonder what it was at the start of postseason. $10 for the world series aint bad at all!
Adams_BJ

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

wonder what it was at the start of postseason. $10 for the world series aint bad at all!
9.99 for the entire post season. Been watching games I missed during down times. And unlimited replays! Bonus with me being in AU is no blackouts either.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

that's awesome.  Yeah I buy the MLB pass for my dad in Thailand every year.  I think it's something like $130 for the whole year...not sure if the postseason is included in it or not though
Adams_BJ
I think it would be. MLB.tv is amazing. I watch or listen to it on my phone, PC, apple tv or ps3.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
congrats giants. i wasn't rooting for you but oh well
Adams_BJ
Go giants
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
Kluber wins?

Felix had more IP's, fewer hits, fewer runs (and ER), fewer walks, lower WHIP, and lower ERA.

Dunno about that one...

Not saying Kluber isn't a damn fine pitcher, but that was odd. They really just loved his last 2 months and didn't like Felix's last 2 starts. Is this the Cy Young for final 2 months of the year? Or is it still a whole-season type award?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

Felix deserved it more than Kluber!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
Stanton: $325 million over 13 years.

These are getting more and more ridiculous.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

he will be 38 when the contract ends.  Sports media is saying it was tied to a new TV deal the Marlins are negotiating...showing good faith to their TV provider that they will field a good team moving forward.  Jeff Loria has a proven record of being a complete slimeball so I doubt this deal means much for the long-term health and success of the Marlins.
Adams_BJ
25 million a year. My word.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
Anybody else excited for this year? M's are poised to do well for the first time in roughly 45 years.

I came SO close to buying season tix (only the 20 game package), but people who had done it before talked me out of it. I guess the hassle of having to go to monday-thursday games a lot of the time outweighs all the weekend games. They said I should split it with a few people so I only have to go to a few midweek games throughout the year, but I couldn't find anybody to split them with me.

Regardless, I'm sure to be at a ton of games this year. Even in bad years I go and get drunk so why not go and get drunk to celebrate.
Adams_BJ
I am probably more excited for this year than I have been for any other season. I'm not sure why. I don't think Giants will back it up and I don't expect them to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9A0qTeJ-8

you guys might like this
CC-Marley
+407|6819
Go SOX!
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3950|SL,UT

CC-Marley wrote:

Go SOX!
i really didn't picture you a Chicago fan, living in Boston and all. The White Sox look meh to me.

i really think the 162 season needs a lopitoffame, especially since they*re trying to speed up the games. FFS speed up the season, let's have a World Series before the start of football season, and limit game broadcasts to the cities that have teams and start a new ESPN network devoted to baseball - in other words, let me go to MLB Network if i still gave a shit about the national pasttime at any point past the 1994–95 Major League Baseball strike . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard