SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
What do you think has been the effect of the recession on American cultural, and artistic life? I think the recession made many people reevaluate their lives and relaxed social standards due to economic exhaustion. I don't think seeing Janet Jackson's tit would be have been as big of a deal as it was before if it happened today.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

US needs to get out of Afghanistan.  And Iraq.  And the myraid places across the globe we have military presence to further our economic interests.
And California - The Mexicans want it back.
we won it fair and square.  It was never the "Mexicans" territory.  It was (shock!) Native American land that was claimed by the Spanish Empire when they controlled Mexico, given to Mexico in their independence, then won by the US during the Mexican-American War.  But even Mexicans in California back before it was US territory were trying to secede from Mexico - California was never more than Mexican in name only.  It's funny to hear people talk about La Raza as if Mexico ever had a true claim to California - sorry, the only people that can try to claim California as their own are the Luisenos and Gabrielenos and other indigenous groups.  The more you know, Dilbert.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Ken supports imperialism when he has most obviously benefited from it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
100 years ago today Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.
4 years later the war was over and to this day there has never been any more fighting in europe

https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWI
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Ken supports imperialism when he has most obviously benefited from it.
I don't support imperialism ever.  I don't like consolidation of power at all...

The whole "we won it fair and square" line was a joke.  I'm not a fan of the "spoils of war" argument.  But saying California should be given back to the Mexicans is just stupid.  If anything it goes back to the indigenous people.  Even Mexicans in California during Mexico's ownership of Cali tried to break away.

MacB, I'm not even sure what you support.  In between your trolling, your obvious threads that are contrarian for contrarian's sake, your baiting, your threads to show your lack of compassion for xyz cause, etc. I'm not sure you actually have an ethos.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I don't think imperialism is necessarily a bad thing. I think imperialism is okay if it supports western ideals and human rights. While things in the west (the political and cultural entity stretching from Poland to Canada down to Argentina and across to Australia (and maybe South Africa, Israel and the Philippines)) hasn't always been so great, the west is the only place in the world that at least pays lip service to the idea of human rights. I also think the U.S., and every other country in the world, has an unshakable right to do whatever is in their best interest. That is why I support an aggressive U.S. foreign policy especially towards non-western countries. I think the western nations should do everything it their power to spread western ideals. It is a responsibility.

Despite believing in the superiority of western culture and living, I recognize the beauty of almost every other culture in the world. I realize that those people living in non-western countries have a right to live in a way they seem fit even if those ways conflict with my idea of a optimal society. I don't hold it against anyone who tries to fight western expansion unless they do so in an hypocritical way (as does Russia). So, I often complain loudly when people use racism and religious prejudice to justify hurting Muslim, Africa, or Asian people. I don't want to hurt them. I want to help them. I want them to be like us.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

even Mexicans in California back before it was US territory were trying to secede from Mexico
So it was Mexican, thanks.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

nice troll sir
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

even Mexicans in California back before it was US territory were trying to secede from Mexico
I have a feeling you have very few friends in real life.  Are you really this insufferable in person, or is it a persona you craft specifically to troll internet forums?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't think imperialism is necessarily a bad thing. I think imperialism is okay if it supports western ideals and human rights. While things in the west (the political and cultural entity stretching from Poland to Canada down to Argentina and across to Australia (and maybe South Africa, Israel and the Philippines)) hasn't always been so great, the west is the only place in the world that at least pays lip service to the idea of human rights. I also think the U.S., and every other country in the world, has an unshakable right to do whatever is in their best interest. That is why I support an aggressive U.S. foreign policy especially towards non-western countries. I think the western nations should do everything it their power to spread western ideals. It is a responsibility.

Despite believing in the superiority of western culture and living, I recognize the beauty of almost every other culture in the world. I realize that those people living in non-western countries have a right to live in a way they seem fit even if those ways conflict with my idea of a optimal society. I don't hold it against anyone who tries to fight western expansion unless they do so in an hypocritical way (as does Russia). So, I often complain loudly when people use racism and religious prejudice to justify hurting Muslim, Africa, or Asian people. I don't want to hurt them. I want to help them. I want them to be like us.
don't have enough time to properly respond.  Just want to LOL at you including the Philippines in there.  Still hung up on your ex?  Philippines is as corrupt as humanly possible while still maintaining some modicum of a functioning society.  A lot of it US-borne and bred corruption.  Yep, western ideals.  We are the City on a Hill, Mac B.  Providence.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Why are you being mean to me? I said I wasn't sure about them. You could have left it at that.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6768|Moscow, Russia
western ideals are being practiced by proud iraqi people recently freed from horrible dictatorship by jedi from the citadel of democracy - the united states of america.

there, macbeth, this is so much better than when they were ruled by saddam. they are surely becoming more like you.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
fuck yes. the dailymail in D&ST
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

Shahter wrote:

western ideals are being practiced by proud iraqi people recently freed from horrible dictatorship by jedi from the citadel of democracy - the united states of america.

there, macbeth, this is so much better than when they were ruled by saddam. they are surely becoming more like you.
Aren't most people in ISIS saddam loyalists/baathist anyway?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I have a feeling you have very few friends in real life.  Are you really this insufferable in person, or is it a persona you craft specifically to troll internet forums?
God no, I'm much worse.

I just wondered, you espouse these ideals right up to the moment you might have to give up something yourself.
I'm sure I could find a good number of Californians who would like to secede to Mexico right now - that's about the lamest excuse for a war of theft I've yet heard.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Mr. Williams articulates some good points on this matter.

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Shahter wrote:

We spent 9 years, 2000 lives, and a trillion dollars trying to help them. At this point whatever happens is on them.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

God no, I'm much worse.

I just wondered, you espouse these ideals right up to the moment you might have to give up something yourself.
I'm sure I could find a good number of Californians who would like to secede to Mexico right now - that's about the lamest excuse for a war of theft I've yet heard.
haha OK whatever you say.  "Right until I might have to give something up myself."  What are you talking about dude?  You're taking a hypothetical that you put forth as some type of proof that I'm a hypocrite?  I don't feel like i'm insulting you by calling you dumb at this point.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

God no, I'm much worse.

haha OK whatever you say.  "Right until I might have to give something up myself."  What are you talking about dude?  You're taking a hypothetical that you put forth as some type of proof that I'm a hypocrite?  I don't feel like i'm insulting you by calling you dumb at this point.
If californians want to be part of mexico, why are there so many illegals in california lel.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6768|Moscow, Russia

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Shahter wrote:

We spent 9 years, 2000 lives, and a trillion dollars trying to help them.
did they ask you to?

At this point whatever happens is on them.
"at this point"? you mean when you completely destroyed everything that kept their society together, you leave them to their own devices? well, okay. only don't be surprised when next time you try to "help" somebody else you are told to fuck off.

western values my ass.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
USSR never asked anyone if they wanted to be communist.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We spent 9 years, 2000 American lives, 100,000 Iraqi llives, and two trillion dollars trying to bring about the PNAC plan for the ME basically in order to help Israel.
Fixed
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha OK whatever you say.  "Right until I might have to give something up myself."  What are you talking about dude?  You're taking a hypothetical that you put forth as some type of proof that I'm a hypocrite?
Its the mental block that appears just as you realise you might have to think something you don't want to.

Cybargs wrote:

If californians want to be part of mexico, why are there so many illegals in california lel.
They really are that dumb.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha OK whatever you say.  "Right until I might have to give something up myself."  What are you talking about dude?  You're taking a hypothetical that you put forth as some type of proof that I'm a hypocrite?
Its the mental block that appears just as you realise you might have to think something you don't want to.

Cybargs wrote:

They really are that dumb.
The two titans of intellect here at DAST everybody.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard