Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Isn't being in the army punishment enough?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rdx-fx
+955|6588

Dilbert_X wrote:

Isn't being in the army punishment enough?
Nah, actually fun, if you're in the right unit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Good news! The MIM hammer/sear are easily replaced with a drop in kit, I may just buy one.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
Rifles are better
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

Adams_BJ wrote:

Rifles are better
Pistols can be fun as well.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Adams_BJ wrote:

Rifles are better - for faggots
Well dammit, the hammer/sear kits aren't exported.
I'll have to find someone to export one for me.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
I'm really thinking about getting a Remington 870 Express this week.  You can get one for $275 after mail-in rebate from Dick's Sporting Goods.  I didn't realize good name-brand shotguns were available that cheap.  It would be my first shotgun and my second gun overall after my Keltec Sub 2000
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
It's a good weapon. My brother has one
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
First time experience buying a gun from a retailer(Dick's Sporting Goods):

A lot of ATF paperwork, I can't imagine what buying a registered/restricted firearm like an AR15 or a pistol must be like.  So many weird things they have to do that make a visit to a sports store completely different.  They triple check all the paperwork and then the manager even checks it before you buy, they save a copy of the receipt for themselves and then they don't give you the gun until you're out of the store.  You're also not allowed to buy ammunition in the same visit as you buy the gun itself.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
buy a lock when you buy ammo too.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
The gun came with one in the box
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Buy body armor and ceramic plates
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6678|Disaster Free Zone

_j5689_ wrote:

A lot of ATF paperwork, I can't imagine what buying a registered/restricted firearm like an AR15 or a pistol must be like.  So many weird things they have to do that make a visit to a sports store completely different.  They triple check all the paperwork and then the manager even checks it before you buy, they save a copy of the receipt for themselves and then they don't give you the gun until you're out of the store.  You're also not allowed to buy ammunition in the same visit as you buy the gun itself.
Ohh what a fucking hassle. They had to double check some paperwork
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

DrunkFace wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Fuck off foreigner, this is an American problem
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ
american problems are unique.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
because no other country have guns.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ
no other country has FREEDOM
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
we can live without fear of all animals wanting to kill us
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
like them black coyotes
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD

DrunkFace wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I'm not complaining, I've just never seen anybody in my life be so thorough with paperwork before.  It makes sense because it's a gun but it's just weird to see, that's all I'm saying.  Just a very different experience overall from most things you would buy even in that same store.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2015-11-05 00:10:10)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DrunkFace wrote:

Mate, he said triple-check.....that is serious.

J-numbers wrote:

They triple check all the paperwork and then the manager even checks it before you buy, they save a copy of the receipt for themselves and then they don't give you the gun until you're out of the store.  You're also not allowed to buy ammunition in the same visit as you buy the gun itself
All that sounds like store policy, nothing to do with the law.

Maybe it was just you though?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-11-05 00:36:29)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
You're probably right about the store policy part, I thought the ammo thing might be state law but I can't find anything specific on it so maybe not.  I'm also a young white guy who's buying a gun by himself which I would guess is now a stereotype at this point after so many mass shootings.  People who sell guns have the right to refuse you the sale at any time though if they feel there's something fishy about you.

Still maybe I should smile more or dress better when I buy a gun, or at least not go alone.  I couldn't help but feel like the guy almost didn't want to sell it to me but maybe he was just not a particularly friendly guy.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2015-11-05 00:57:04)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
I've really been wanting to buy a stripped AR15 lower and slowly assembly a rifle lately.  Not sure how you go about buying regulated gun stuff online though.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
You can't have guns directly mailed to you anymore. They ship the gun to a federally licensed gun dealer. It is then up to the gun dealer to do the paperwork required to make sure you are eligible to buy the gun and they hit you with a fee to do that. I suggest

Impactguns.com
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Dealers kind of seem like pricks unless you know every single thing about gun laws but I guess it's something I'll have to put up with.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard