BF3S Forums Israel and Palestine

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+3,253|3061|Long Island, New York
Because he wasn't talking about Israel. He was insulting Jews as a whole. And - wow, what a shocker - I happen to be a Jew!

I have put no more effort into defending it on this forum than you have your stance on finding atrociously disgusting Filipino girls attractive.

Last edited by Poseidon (2012-03-23 00:41:57)

Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2109

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

Well, since you, as a Jew, feel so strongly about this, why don't you, hear me out, just go live there with the other Jews. Since you care so much about that you must fight internet Australians.

I am not saying 'go back to where you came from and spare us the ethnic struggle' since you were born in the U.S. What I am saying- if you care so much about it go live there with the other 'care so much about Israel Jews' and spare our country your shitty little ethnic struggle.
Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2109

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

Filipino girls are really attractive. You leave them out of this.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+3,253|3061|Long Island, New York
Yes, my 3 post conversation, probably the only posts I've made on Israel in the past year in DST, clearly indicate that it's an issue that goes right down into my core. You have attempted so badly to create an argument it's almost cute.

Why did you post about the ship being named after Gabby Giffords? Why don't you go protest the SECNAV?

Why did you post about the law in Virginia concerning ultrasounds? Why don't you go protest Virginian congress since you clearly care so much?

Why did you post about MIA flipping the bird at the Super Bowl? Why don't you go write her angry letters?

Apparently if you even care about an issue in another country, you should move there. The logic would be terrible if it wasn't an obvious troll from BF2s' most famous socially inept member.
Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2109

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

So you have been viewing DST but not posting? So the Israel thing makes you finally post?

It's now clear to me and everyone else how much you internalize Israel.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+3,253|3061|Long Island, New York
Man, what's Macbeth going to do when he's forced away from the forum for 3 months for his incessant trolling and actually has to communicate with people in real life. I'm almost scared to know.
Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2109

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

Same thing I do everyday.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Offline No stats No Email No PM
+5,749|2677|what

BF2S Honors:
BF2S Game Admin

Poseidon wrote:

I know you're obsessed with Israel too, Aussie. Don't worry. I know you have overwhelmingly blind support for people who elected an internationally recognized terrorist organization in as their leaders. It's really not surprising that you're defending Dilbert at all costs.  I have always said I welcome criticism of the Israeli government as long as it's done fairly and without the incessant bitching about "stolen land" because that point is done and over with. The "native people" of that land simply depends on how far you go back.
I support the civilians. Care to place a bet on which group of civilians is suffering in the conflict?

I'll give you a hint, it's the ones who are living in ghetto like conditions because a wall surrounds them and they have their land taken and hones bulldozed.

Using the Hamas government as an excuse to do that doesn't fly, especially considering it's been happening since before they were democratically elected.

If Israel's 10% are to blame, where are the protests and anti-government movements against the war?

I feel for the rocket attack victims, truly. But when compared to the shelling of civilians and use of chemical weapons? (oops that was an accident)

What Israel has done to Palestine is sickening.
http://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+3,253|3061|Long Island, New York

AussieReaper wrote:

I support the civilians.
So do I. Any civilian, regardless of ethnicity and/or religion is free to live in the nation of Israel with no threat to their well being as long as they plan on living a normal life. You can also be in an unfortunate situation where you live in an area like the Gaza Strip yet where the people who were elected to lead you are a terrorist organization. That sucks. Don't elect terrorist organizations to lead you.

Care to place a bet on which group of civilians is suffering in the conflict? I'll give you a hint, it's the ones who are living in ghetto like conditions because a wall surrounds them and they have their land taken and hones bulldozed.
Maybe, just maybe, it's because they elected a terrorist organization that constantly lobs rockets at the mainland to lead them. That could be it. Just maybe. And even then, Israel still sends in aid on a near daily basis. What most countries would do throughout the history of the world would be to go in and destroy them.

Using the Hamas government as an excuse to do that doesn't fly, especially considering it's been happening since before they were democratically elected.
And before they were democratically elected that same organization was widely supported in their efforts to step onto a bus from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv packed with women and children and detonate a bomb vest strapped to their chest.

If Israel's 10% are to blame, where are the protests and anti-government movements against the war?
You mean like these guys?



And aren't you one of the people (like myself) who doesn't subscribe to the fear of Muslims we've seen several times from members on this forum? One of the repeated arguments they use is that Muslims don't widely protest terrorism. I've always said it's not necessary. And the same applies here. Just because people aren't out protesting doesn't mean people don't feel a certain way.

I feel for the rocket attack victims, truly. But when compared to the shelling of civilians and use of chemical weapons? (oops that was an accident)
Obviously it's a disproportionate number, but as has been asked to you and others throughout the years, what response do you really expect them to carry out? They have the Iron Dome up just as a basic protection right now. Retaliation should be expected, and when they hide amongst civilian populations, death tolls are not surprising. Unfortunate, but not surprising. Commit an act of war when you're a democratically elected government and you should probably expect retaliation.
FatherTed
xD
Offline No Email No PM No website
+3,929|3024|so randum
one mans terrorist blah blah. it's a pretty loaded argument you got there. plenty of politicians on both sides of the irish border are former terrorists, former depending on if you believe them
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
Offline No Xfire No Email No PM No website
+1,757|2992
Without Israel, cats_having_sex_in_israel.jpg couldn't exist.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2012-03-23 03:03:07)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+276|3299|Moscow, Russia

Poseidon wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And why is that?
because he's nothing else to counter your points with i recon.
Why bother countering someone's "points" who claims that things like the Holocaust, the pogroms in Russia and other events in history were brought upon by them?
because it's partly true?

There is no sense arguing with someone like that.
or maybe, as i said, you have no argument.

those things you've been throwing around - "holocaust" and "anti-semitism" - those are but words invented by - surprise! - jews to give special names, and, thus, meaning, to something that doesn't exist as a separate historical event or societal phenomenon. why's there no special name for black-hating? why was no special recognition given to the atrocities committed by, say, british in their colonies? what's so special about jews again? slavs had it worse than jews from nazies - do you see us demanding anything for that or accusing anybody of "bigotry" for not treating us like we are something special? that's what dilbert's talking about, only he's not very good at it and does sometime come up as if he just hates jews for being jews, but, c'mon, for anyone who's not at it to defend jew/israel (or, indeed, bash dilbert) it's clear what he's talking about.

Last edited by Shahter (2012-03-23 06:07:09)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
King of the Impossible
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+1,537|2630|Saviour of the Universe

Poseidon wrote:

If you don't think saying that the Jews have brought historical events like the Holocaust upon themselves is the very definition of being a bigot, I don't know what to tell you.
The fact is, every race or nation which has come into contact with the jews has 'persecuted' them, through expulsion, containment in ghettos or pogroms - right back to Roman times, no wait, Egyptian times.
Either every human being on earth in the last 2,000 years was born anti-semitic - or .... you explain it.
Today there is an elected government in the Gaza Strip that is an internationally recognized terror organization. How Israel was founded obviously wasn't rosy and there was plenty of things (Deir Yassin comes to mind) that every Israeli frowns upon, but in the formation of ANY country before modern times I'm sure you can find atrocities like that. We're talking about right now, and that is who the Gazans have decided to elect. Israeli government today is elected democratically and even Arabs are in the Knesset. But, you know... genocide!
The election of Hamas was simply an inevitable response to more than half a century of Israeli terrorism and an existential threat to their existence - just as the Zionist use of terrorism against the British and the Palestinians comes from similar existential threats - Why is that so difficult to grasp? - except the British were trying to help the jews and Palestinians were just in the way.
Thats one of the odder aspects, you wail about the holocaust and other pogroms and expect our sympathy, but when we sympathise with the people your nation is carrying out a pogrom against we suddenly become irrational jew-haters.
Let me know when an Israeli walks onto a bus full of women and children and blows it up. I'm sure you'll make some asinine comparison to how Israel kills civilians in Gaza, but I can guarantee you it's almost entirely collateral damage that is not intended, and that's a part of war and you bring war on yourself when you elect a government made up of internationally renowned terrorists.
Lets see, early Israeli governments were made up of internationally renowned terrorists - thats apparently only worth a brief frown, in the early days of Israel they were doing exactly that, planting bombs in markets to slaughter women and children, and the settler actions in the West Bank now are very similar although its more a steady, piecemeal approach.
The bottom line is the average Israeli doesn't need to slaughter women and children, the IDF does that very effectively for them as the settlers seize land by the metre here and there.
And most Israelis, had you ever met one (but I'm sure your reading of news articles is good enough for you) are against the settlements in the West Bank. Every single Israeli I've ever spoken to is against the settlements. The ones who are for it are the less than 10% of the country that is ultra orthodox. I'm sure you're one of the people who saw the riots in Beit Shemesh and thought "Wow, Israelis hate women!".
'Most Israelis' and I know quite a few, are happy to sit back and do nothing, enjoying living in someone elses country, voting for turds like Netanyahu paying their taxes to fund the theft of more land and the slaughter of more civilians - just as the average German didn't complain as their lebensraum was expanded and their standard of living improved at the expense of their neighbours.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-03-23 11:36:41)

Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+3,253|3061|Long Island, New York

Shahter wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Shahter wrote:

because he's nothing else to counter your points with i recon.
Why bother countering someone's "points" who claims that things like the Holocaust, the pogroms in Russia and other events in history were brought upon by them?
because it's partly true?

There is no sense arguing with someone like that.
or maybe, as i said, you have no argument.

those things you've been throwing around - "holocaust" and "anti-semitism" - those are but words invented by - surprise! - jews to give special names, and, thus, meaning, to something that doesn't exist as a separate historical event or societal phenomenon. why's there no special name for black-hating? why was no special recognition given to the atrocities committed by, say, british in their colonies? what's so special about jews again? slavs had it worse than jews from nazies - do you see us demanding anything for that or accusing anybody of "bigotry" for not treating us like we are something special? that's what dilbert's talking about, only he's not very good at it and does sometime come up as if he just hates jews for being jews, but, c'mon, for anyone who's not at it to defend jew/israel (or, indeed, bash dilbert) it's clear what he's talking about.
Russians are stupid, lazy, ignorant peasants who deserve no place on this Earth.

See, now would you argue with someone like that? No. Notice how I actually discussed the topic of Israel with AussieReaper but choose not to with Dilbert based on his blatant bigotry? He's been accused of being a troll pretty much his entire time on these forums and I finally see why.

Are you really bitching about the etymology of the words "antisemitism" and "holocaust" because it's a word used to describe hating Jews and a historical event? lol. Grasp at straws more, please. Jesus. I've never seen someone bitch about something so much because a certain word was given to an event to describe one of the worst mass murders in the entire history of the planet. The term "Holocaust" itself was first written by one writer and caught on. Probably because it's a lot easier than saying "The mass slaughter of Jews, Gypsies, Blacks and others from 1933-1945 in Europe under Adolf Hitler's rule". That could be it. Seems so crazy!

Dilbert is not complaining about Jews "feeling special". The core point of his original post was the sentiment that Jews have brought everything onto themselves including the Holocaust. And I maintain that it is not worth debating. And I'll show you why.

Trollbert wrote:

The fact is, every race or nation which has come into contact with the blacks has 'persecuted' them, through slavery, containment in ghettos or - right back to Roman times, no wait, Egyptian times.
Either every human being on earth in the last 2,000 years was born a hater of blacks - or .... you explain it.
Would you debate someone on a topic like that? I sure wouldn't. There's a reason he's been accused of trolling pretty much since the day he registered here.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
Offline No Xfire No Email No PM No website
+1,757|2992
But we can all agree that Estonians suck.
Cybargs
Moderated
Offline No stats No Email No PM
+2,240|3240
i blame the british for the middle east and africa's problem. dilbert should pay reparations since he's a brit innit
http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13urnzz
Banned
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+5,830|3021

BF2S Honors:
Donator
Sig Team

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

But we can all agree that Estonians suck.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
Offline No Xfire No Email No PM No website
+1,757|2992

Cybargs wrote:

i blame the british for the middle east and africa's problem. dilbert should pay reparations since he's a brit innit
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+276|3299|Moscow, Russia

Poseidon wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Why bother countering someone's "points" who claims that things like the Holocaust, the pogroms in Russia and other events in history were brought upon by them?
because it's partly true?

There is no sense arguing with someone like that.
or maybe, as i said, you have no argument.

those things you've been throwing around - "holocaust" and "anti-semitism" - those are but words invented by - surprise! - jews to give special names, and, thus, meaning, to something that doesn't exist as a separate historical event or societal phenomenon. why's there no special name for black-hating? why was no special recognition given to the atrocities committed by, say, british in their colonies? what's so special about jews again? slavs had it worse than jews from nazies - do you see us demanding anything for that or accusing anybody of "bigotry" for not treating us like we are something special? that's what dilbert's talking about, only he's not very good at it and does sometime come up as if he just hates jews for being jews, but, c'mon, for anyone who's not at it to defend jew/israel (or, indeed, bash dilbert) it's clear what he's talking about.
Russians are stupid, lazy, ignorant peasants who deserve no place on this Earth.

See, now would you argue with someone like that? No.
"no"? i've been arguing with half of those who visit this forum and talk about russians like that.

Are you really bitching about the etymology of the words "antisemitism" and "holocaust" because it's a word used to describe hating Jews and a historical event? lol. Grasp at straws more, please. Jesus. I've never seen someone bitch about something so much because a certain word was given to an event to describe one of the worst mass murders in the entire history of the planet. The term "Holocaust" itself was first written by one writer and caught on. Probably because it's a lot easier than saying "The mass slaughter of Jews, Gypsies, Blacks and others from 1933-1945 in Europe under Adolf Hitler's rule". That could be it. Seems so crazy!
it is you who are "bitching". i say that, looking at the history of the world, "holocaust" is nothing special. yet it somehow "caught on" and did it so that in some places it's now a criminal offence to question it's significance. one could deny anything, from chingiz khan up to stalin, but question holocaust and it's all "oh, noes, jail the bastard". why's that?

Trollbert wrote:

The fact is, every race or nation which has come into contact with the blacks has 'persecuted' them, through slavery, containment in ghettos or - right back to Roman times, no wait, Egyptian times.
Either every human being on earth in the last 2,000 years was born a hater of blacks - or .... you explain it.
Would you debate someone on a topic like that?
why not?

I sure wouldn't.
then don't. calling dilbert names doesn't accomplish anything. and he, as i mentioned earlier, does have a point - he's just not very good at getting it through. you don't think he's worth it? - don't reply to him.

There's a reason he's been accused of trolling pretty much since the day he registered here.
maybe. it's not for me to judge. i think he has a point, you don't, yet you continue bullshitting him - why?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
eleven bravo
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM
+1,397|1783|foggy bottom
fwp
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+3,253|3061|Long Island, New York

Shahter wrote:

it is you who are "bitching". i say that, looking at the history of the world, "holocaust" is nothing special. yet it somehow "caught on" and did it so that in some places it's now a criminal offence to question it's significance. one could deny anything, from chingiz khan up to stalin, but question holocaust and it's all "oh, noes, jail the bastard". why's that?
How am I bitching? I'm not the one making a big deal over a word given to an event to sum up a span of 12 years. Gee, maybe it's had far reach because people who witnessed it are still alive and we live in a world of global communication as compared to the time of Genghis Khan? And who says I disagree with you with people being jailed over denying the Holocaust? I actually agree. I think it's, to be blunt, retarded.

Why do Americans feel the right to call their war THE Revolutionary War, eh? After all, there's been revolutions throughout history. Why do the Indians call the Trail of Tears the Trail of Tears? After all, there were other forced events of relocation of Indians. What makes them so special?

As for the Dilbert discussion, I don't care what you think about it. I've said my piece. You think he's worth replying to? Congratulations. I don't think he's worth anything other than mocking for his bigotry which another member even commented on as well.
Dilbert_X
King of the Impossible
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+1,537|2630|Saviour of the Universe

Poseidon wrote:

Russians are stupid, lazy, ignorant peasants who deserve no place on this Earth.
No-one here has said anything like that in relation to the jews. I've simply asked you to put forward a more convincing explanation for the historical persecution over the last few millenia than everyone on earth is 'anti-semitic'.
They've been persecuted far more widely, consistently and thoroughly than any other group, blacks included.
Dilbert is not complaining about Jews "feeling special". The core point of his original post was the sentiment that Jews have brought everything onto themselves including the Holocaust. And I maintain that it is not worth debating. And I'll show you why.
I don't care about jews feeling special, everyone feels special, I'm just pointing out that the extreme to which they take their world-view is counterproductive to their own interests, but they are so wrapped up in their belief they can't even see it....
I would have thought it is worth debating, not least as the jews are facing another existential threat in the form of a nuclear-armed Iran. After that there will be another, maybe when America figures out that they've been played.
Would you debate someone on a topic like that? I sure wouldn't.
I don't see what's unreasonable, if you're going to close your mind and accuse everyone who has an opinion you don't like of being 'anti-semitic' then you're just playing to stereotype and reinforcing the widely held view that jews, on the average, are superior close-minded bigots who don't like having their views or actions scrutinised and personally attack anyone who does.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-03-23 23:31:27)

Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+269|2997|Kakanien

Shahter wrote:

looking at the history of the world, "holocaust" is nothing special
lol. go read a (non russian) history book

ps: all russians are anti-semites
13urnzz
Banned
Offline No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+5,830|3021

BF2S Honors:
Donator
Sig Team

P.P.s. he has a point. genocide isn't exclusively "jew-acide". the russians killed millions of their own in pogroms . . .
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+269|2997|Kakanien
no decent historian would deny the singularity of the shoah. the (main) point is that it was industrially executed genocide. another point is the actual aim to exterminate all jews (within reach of the german authorities)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2014 Jeff Minard