+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
which one was that bra
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

Roc18 wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

inf and chopper are my favorite things to play in bf games, and they are FAR superior to bc2. the maps are fine with me. sure they could be better, but so could everything in this world
dice has never been able to make a really solid map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0xFsrlUEpE
never got into sf maps.

except maybe the one with the palace in the middle of the city.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2012-01-30 11:28:35)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

m3thod wrote:

operation smoke screen was the best map you dumb fucks.
Have to agree with that one.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Apples and oranges in some ways. I enjoy both games just as much. Personally, BC2 is a Rush game and BF3 is a conquest game.
I really don't think conquest in BF3 is any better than it was in BC2.  The maps are all designed for Rush from the bottom up, it seems.  On Conquest the flags and chokepoints are just weird.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

On a couple maps maybe, not weird across the board.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

jord wrote:

when i think back to bc2 and i think of tracer darts i laugh, but then i think of soflam/CITV on bf3 and cry.
i miss tracer darting things ):

or HACKING with vsmoke
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

jsnipy wrote:

On a couple maps maybe, not weird across the board.
I've mentioned it before in other threads, but when you have a game mode like Rush, all the maps must be designed first for that purpose.  Throwing flags around afterwards changes the game in many ways, even if they are hardly noticeable..
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I've got a craving for Dragon Valley, and I didn't even play that map very much in BF2 or like it a whole lot.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
I much prefer BF3 to BC2, so much so that it surprised me when I played BC2 last week. I've gotten so used to BF3's mechanics, and in my opinion, they feel more natural, that BC2 felt arcadey when I was playing it.

I have to say that I like having unlocks for every gun. It gives me options and lets me play around with different setups for different situations. BC2 is more restrictive in that regard, which I suppose could be argued as a good thing.

I mean, just recently I've started playing the recon class much more, but I hate being a sniper. So I took my scope off the SKS and have been playing an aggressive recon, which I find to be incredibly satisfying.

I will agree, however, that the map design in BC2 is overall better than BF3.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

mtb0minime wrote:

I've got a craving for Dragon Valley, and I didn't even play that map very much in BF2 or like it a whole lot.
shame, the open chinese maps were awesome.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Yeah the Chinese maps were sweet!

I think the most underplayed map in BF2 was Zatar Wetlands though. I pretty much never saw a server with that map in the rotation.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
probably because zatar was fucking terrible in fairness
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

FatherTed wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

shame, the open chinese maps were awesome.
Daqing Oilfields is greatest map of all times.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
dalian planet
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

mtb0minime wrote:

this
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

jsnipy wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

this
me too

@Zatar sucks comment: I didn't dislike it, but it didn't make me want to come back for more. Was a beautiful map though with a lot of potential.

I'd like to see Highway Tampa in BF3.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
lot of potential? it was basically flat. for jets+helos, nothing hilly or canyon or whatever to make use of, for vehicles MASSIVE OPEN SPACES for helis and jets to rape you, for infantry MASSIVE OPEN SPACES for anything to take a dump on you. was a bad map.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

FatherTed wrote:

was a bad map.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

FatherTed wrote:

lot of potential? it was basically flat. for jets+helos, nothing hilly or canyon or whatever to make use of, for vehicles MASSIVE OPEN SPACES for helis and jets to rape you, for infantry MASSIVE OPEN SPACES for anything to take a dump on you. was a bad map.
Imagine a bunch of tanks charging each other with LAVs behind and maybe an AA vehicle to deal with those nasty aircraft.

You do make excellent points though. The map just looked so dang cool, like Fushee Pass, but I guess they didn't play so good. I only played the map maybe 4 times to be honest.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
oman, dragon valley and dalian was where it was at for choppers and jets. the other maps like clean sweep and zatar were something you play when you're on a server with a full map rotation.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

-Sh1fty- wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Imagine a bunch of tanks charging each other with LAVs behind and maybe an AA vehicle to deal with those nasty aircraft.

You do make excellent points though. The map just looked so dang cool, like Fushee Pass, but I guess they didn't play so good. I only played the map maybe 4 times to be honest.
they would get wiped out by a helo who would have seen the AA from miles away, then picked off the rest with nbd.

and only playing it 4 times
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
i never played oman on bf2. daqing bro...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Oman was awesome!

Wish I had a better screen or eyesight or something because I never could play tanks well in BF2 because I couldn't see the shell drop because it was so tiny.

E* what was your guys' favorite BC2 map? Valparaíso was my favorite.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-01-30 14:52:44)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i think daqing was probably the best all-round map (for inf, for jets, for tanks, for helos) etc. it probably didn't get much attention purely because everything was dull and brown. great map though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard