henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast
Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for [RECORD SCRATCH!!!]

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.
Damn it Valve.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

henno13 wrote:

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Damn it Valve.
Sounds like they were planning it all along... I doubt this is a real "cancellation", looks more like typical valve marketing....
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
henno13
+230|6318|Belfast

FloppY_ wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Dear Subject Name Here,

Damn it Valve.
Sounds like they were planning it all along... I doubt this is a real "cancellation", looks more like typical valve marketing....
Yeah, the "damn it valve" was just my fustration. I love and hate their marketing at the same time.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
My hopes for EP3 have gone slightly up. My hopes will probably destroyed again. But a guy can hope right?

Last edited by henno13 (2010-06-02 02:14:54)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
If I were you I wouldn't get your hopes up for Episode 3.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise
Sounds like it's a surprise that's Portal 2 related judging by that sentence.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
My guess for EP3 is that it's going to be renamed HL3 and released in 2012.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6573|Philadelphia, PA
Surprise! Portal 2 coming to the PS3.

This news was well worth the wait...

Also steamworks support.

On the PlayStation 3 Portal 2 will be supported by Steamworks, which means auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more are all possible.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar … ?id=251822

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2010-06-15 14:10:01)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I thought Valve hated the PS3 and said they'd never support it?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
After microsoft demanding valve start charging for their updates I think gaben isnt too happy with them anymore
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
henno13
+230|6318|Belfast
Great, now I have a back up if I don't have a good PC whenever it comes out.
henno13
+230|6318|Belfast

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
A cockney male version of Glados?
FloppY_
­

DefCon-17 wrote:

A cockney male version of Glados?
It's one of the personality orbs Apature was working on...

I love it
Big McLargehuge
Part 2 and 3

FloppY_
­
oh god.. and I though portal 1 was confusing at times with all the beams, lifters and tons of added stuff it'll be a clusterfuck of confusion

megalol @ vacuum tubes

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-06-16 08:37:07)

Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
i bloody hope its not ps3 only !
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
Holy shit, more awesome. That orange acceleration stuff (forgot the name already) looks like fun.

Also, it looks like this could get really really tricky to complete.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Epic.

Grabbing that ASAP.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

wow...this looks crazy.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Asbestos is harmless!
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
I wonder how long this story's gonna be? Hopefully at least twice as long as the first.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Big McLargehuge

Blade4509 wrote:

I wonder how long this story's gonna be? Hopefully at least twice as long as the first.
At 2:40 in this video Doug Lombardi (Valves Vice President of marketing) says Portal 2 is twice as long as the original.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2010-06-16 10:06:40)

FloppY_
­

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

At 2:40 in this video Doug Lombardi (Valves Vice President of marketing) says Portal 2 is twice as long as the original.
What?

Not more???

I throught they said this would be a "full game" where portal 1 was a "demo/test"
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
I R SO CONFUSSSSSSED

no but seriously, it's going to be easy,

portal 1 looked fucking hard (don't sexualise this) in the demo vids, this one looks hard too.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

I have to convince my husband of how AWESOME it would be to get this...he is still annoyed at me for convincing him to let us get BC2...I barely play...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard