Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231
I'm trying to make an account name and try one and it says "the cd key has already been registered with an account". I click ok then create again and it says nickname already in use. I just got the game and I don't know why it's saying cd key already in use please help. The game is 2142 by the way.

Last edited by Johnny_Extremer (2007-04-20 17:45:23)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA
if you've already created an account, you can't create another.

otherwise, this issue has been floating around; make sure you're patched and go to EA support for more.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231
what do you mean? I just got it from gamestop a couple of hours ago.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231
No its brand new for $40.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231
I got the 1.2 patch I guess i'll just keep trying nicknames
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

you will need 1.2, and remember the account you log in as is not seen by anyone else - you then make characters (up to 4 per account) on the next screen.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231
Dude I already said i had the patch and I can't make a name.
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6192
take it back, buy a NEW one at best buy or target or your favorite store, problem sloved, your welcome
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I just bought one too, still in the plastic wrapper from Harvey Norman (a reputable national retailer in Australia). Same message.

Maybe the EA account server is playing up. I had a problem when I bought BF2 where I couldn't make an new account no matter what name I used becuase it kept saying that name is in use. So I tried a whole lot of random names until one worked, that's how I ended up with 'cospengle'.

Oh well, I knew when I bought a product with the EA logo I was in for a long night of fucking around before I'd be able to get it going.

If anyone can help I'll be your friend

EDIT: I downloaded the patch 1.20 while I was at the shop buying the game, and patched it straight away, so I'm pretty sure I've got the latest one.

Last edited by cospengle (2007-04-20 19:40:44)

cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I just found the answer in the support.ea.com FAQ section. You need to use the same account name as you did when you registered the game at installation.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6231

cospengle wrote:

I just found the answer in the support.ea.com FAQ section. You need to use the same account name as you did when you registered the game at installation.
what do you mean?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

cospengle wrote:

what do you mean?
He means during installation, the game asked you to register your game. when doing so, you create an EA account. use that username as your login and then type in the name you want to use as your player name.

help?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

During installation, you need to make a EA account.

The EA account is connected to your key. When loged in with the EA account in the first login screen, you can select/make soldiers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard