Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6604|SE London

GodFather wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

kylef wrote:

Wi-Fi?

Poseidon - At the minute the iPhone uses GPRS and Wi-Fi and it really isn't that bad! I'm not sure about 3g. Also (thanks to Zimmer for this) - iPhone 2.0 is an update in firmwire. Also, there is an application that can let you do MMSs so don't let anyone tell you otherwise - they are just trying to find every fault with the iPhone because they are anti-Apple for whatever reason. (and honestly...probably not even because they don't like Apple)

I recommend you crack your iPhone Well worth it!
The iPhone uses GPRS and Edge as mobile internet protocols. Edge isn't available everywhere and wi-fi coverage is even less widely available. Edge runs slow, about 256kbps - 3G over UTMS runs at between 5 and 10mbps. It's a substantial improvement that virtually all modern phones include. It is a mystery why Apple haven't included 3G support for the iPhone which would allow things like iPlayer to work on the move.

The iPhone is shockingly badly designed in many really simple areas. However there are other, traditionally far more complicated and difficult to get right, areas that the iPhone excels in. But it is hard to overlook the few simple and glaring design flaws (no Java, no flash, no 3G, shit camera etc.) which, coupled with the absurd pricing, make the iPhone a bit of a gay faddish gadget.
Actually the iPhone has a REALLY GOOD camera, fuck, its not a Cannon Rebel, or even a cybershot... but if it was it would be pretty damn big
No, it isn't. The camera on the N95 is way better and the camera on my phone is a good deal better than that.

GodFather wrote:

For them to cram mp3, web browsing, etc on the phone itself, and then put a camera in there, thats pretty damn good, is pretty damn amazing
No it isn't. That's all very normal stuff. Most phones have all that and more. Fitting that stuff in is not an issue.

GodFather wrote:

I wouldnt want Java on my phone, because of the crap that comes with Java, I would like Flash but its un-reasonable to try to download flash with EDGE
All the crap that comes with Java? Why is it unreasonable to download flash over Edge? Why does it only have Edge, which is shit.

GodFather wrote:

I would rather have my iPhone than my piece of shit Razr, and id rather have an iPhone than a Verizon Voyager, one, its cheaper, two its an ipod with a GOOD camera.
It doesn't have a good camera. What is it, a pitiful 2Mpixel? My phone has a 5MP camera with a decent lens and flash - which is what you want.
It's the most expensive phone available in the UK, simple as that. I use iPhones and iPod touchs very regularly and I do see the appeal, they are very nicely made. Unfortunately they do have several areas where they are severely lacking against the competition and most importantly - in the UK at least, the price is totally unjustified.

Here are the UK prices for the iPhone and N95.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphonetariffs
http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/Nokia … thly/page1

As you can see, the iPhone costs £269 and the N95 costs nothing.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6486|cuntshitlake

O2 wrote:

Thanks for visiting the O2 Online Shop

Unfortunately, we are unable to sell to countries outside the UK.
Wise-arses
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Defiance
+438|6693

The only thing that bothers me about the "iPhone" is how Apple (and to be fair, the whole "cell phone" industry") is slowly beating the shit out of people more and more until most of society can't recognize when they commit murder.

To explain the rather pointless and full-of-hate-to-Apple metaphor (which I don't retract) I mean the iPhone is not a phone. It has a phone feature, but it has a million other things as well. It's a PDA. Yes, nitpicking may be sure but any other designation is completely inaccurate and if someone says I should pay $500 for a phone, I'd say fuck that in a matter of seconds.

As well, when I have to talk to a cocksure salesman, it's much easier to say that I need a phone, not a PDA, then going on this little rant here.

I wouldn't say the IPhone/ITouch are terrible, but that Apple is definitely an asshole company which is the only reason I'd avoid their products.

Best of luck Poseidon, I'd suggest waiting for 3G as it wouldn't be too long and seems to have a huge improvement. You may have to deal with crappy, and expensive, support when the battery dies however.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-04-06 10:30:27)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6672

Bertster7 wrote:

make the iPhone a bit of a gay faddish gadget.
Apple? Make a gay faddish gadget? Whatever next...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard