Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6655|London, England

Well there you go.

Islam and Christianity, clearly, trying to take over the world

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-24 09:19:23)

herrr_smity
+156|6662|space command ur anus
a virus often spread quickly
Mekstizzle
WALKER

herrr_smity wrote:

Very well put.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6869|Kubra, Damn it!

herrr_smity wrote:

By 'quickly' you mean over the course of 5000 years, right?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I would only call Islam a Virus tbh.

It's also good to realise that the land of Israel is NOT Arab land, and it belongs to whoever can fight the best for their "peaceful religion" - and that Jews were living there before Islam ever existed. And look how the fuckers tried to take over India, but Hinduism managed to last it and survive 5000 years.

edit: I suppose we should continue the map and start zooming into europe and start making some green patches

Kosovo/Bradford etc..

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-24 09:48:25)

chittydog
less busy

Mek-Izzle wrote:

It's also good to realise that the land of Israel is NOT Arab land, and it belongs to whoever can fight the best for their "peaceful religion" - and that Jews were living there before Islam ever existed. And look how the fuckers tried to take over India, but Hinduism managed to last it and survive 5000 years.

edit: I suppose we should continue the map and start zooming into europe and start making some green patches

Kosovo/Bradford etc..
That argument scares me. Let's say muslims become the best at fighting for their religion, does that make any land they can conquer rightfully theirs?

Anyway, some may not take this seriously, but I believe this is the reason Hinduism survived. If given the choice between hiding your women away to not be seen and getting an instruction manual on getting freaky, which would you choose?
chittydog
less busy

Cool video, btw...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
That argument scares me. Let's say muslims become the best at fighting for their religion, does that make any land they can conquer rightfully theirs?
That's how the world works, unfortunately. That's also why I believe Israel has a right to exist. Because they fought for it and won. Just like the Muslims did when they took over the place.

The Muslims did manage to do it pretty well for quite awhile, but now they're getting their arse handed back to them. Ottomans losing in WW1. Israel kicking the shit out of the surrounding Arabs in all 3 wars. India against Pakistan in all 4 wars.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6792|Argentina

Mek-Izzle wrote:

That's how the world works, unfortunately. That's also why I believe Israel has a right to exist. Because they fought for it and won. Just like the Muslims did when they took over the place.

The Muslims did manage to do it pretty well for quite awhile, but now they're getting their arse handed back to them. Ottomans losing in WW1. Israel kicking the shit out of the surrounding Arabs in all 3 wars. India against Pakistan in all 4 wars.
The world works?  When did that happen?  Anyway, of course Israel has a right to exist.  So does Palestine.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Indeed Palestine does, and they're lucky that Israel didn't just take the whole thing, because they have the ability to do that. Can't say that the Arabs in the 7th Century allowed a seperate Jewish state when they took over the area.

No, It was all *heavy Arabic Accent* "YOU ARE MY CALIPHATE"
Enzzenmachine
+20|6380

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Islam and Christianity, clearly, trying to take over the world
Proselytism. Both. suck.
Home
Section.80
+447|6882|Seattle, Washington, USA

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Wtf? Why? Because massive Christian crusades are good for everyone? Because sending tons of missionaries into conquered lands to push their own self-percieved "more civilized" beliefs and lifestyles somehow makes Christianity any less of a "virus" than Islam?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

Meh, too simplistic of a video trying to generalize the spread of religion to intellectually critique (other than to say it is simple).  It's not just religion expanding.  How does that expansion relate to the expansion of the known world during the specific time-periods (otherwise unknown civilization having exposure to new ideas, culture, economy, etc)?  What about the promulgation of those religions by expansionist military conquering empires?
chittydog
less busy

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Meh, too simplistic of a video trying to generalize the spread of religion to intellectually critique (other than to say it is simple).  It's not just religion expanding.  How does that expansion relate to the expansion of the known world during the specific time-periods (otherwise unknown civilization having exposure to new ideas, culture, economy, etc)?  What about the promulgation of those religions by expansionist military conquering empires?
Interesting questions, but way beyond the scope of the video.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6232

herrr_smity wrote:

An infection is faster.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard