SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6147|Birmingham, UK

cablecopulate wrote:

The day we don't have war is the day we're all dead.
My English teacher came up with a theory:

"Only when there is no death is when there is no life"

It wasn't exactly that, but he told the class like 2 years ago.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6683
your english teacher is a moron
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6039|...

Parker wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

I hope some day, we won't have war.
my grandfather told me that one of the reasons he fought in WWII, was that so the next generation wouldnt have to.

dont hold your breath.
there's quite a difference inbetween WW2 and the wars after that. He was right that none had to fight something as horrendous as WW2, though wars continued.

five years... yeah it's been a while. To me it feels like yesterday that I saw the invasion on telly. But we can't really leave just yet.
inane little opines
jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

karl wrote:

the American soldiers that are in iraq asked for it...
ask for what?
A burning from a wannabe called Karl.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6451|'Murka

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

...who needed a better english teacher themselves.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6811|PNW

dayarath wrote:

He was right that none had to fight something as horrendous as WW2...
And I suppose soldiers should feel better about trying to stuff your innards back into their bodies since at least it isn't WW2.

Not to pick on the 'greatest' generation or anything, but much of the fighting WW2 troops did was after a whole lot of time spent traveling. In Vietnam, helicopters made sure that troops got stuck in with amazing frequency by comparison. A pity that WW2 was terminated before the communists could be wiped out, or we wouldn't have stuck in a cold war.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-03-20 21:56:32)

jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

dayarath wrote:

He was right that none had to fight something as horrendous as WW2...
And I suppose soldiers should feel better about trying to stuff your innards back into their bodies since at least it isn't WW2.

Not to pick on the 'greatest' generation or anything, but much of the fighting WW2 troops did was after a whole lot of time spent traveling. In Vietnam, helicopters made sure that troops got stuck in with amazing frequency by comparison. A pity that WW2 was terminated before the communists could be wiped out, or we wouldn't have stuck in a cold war.
WW2 was fighting an equally capable enemy for the most part. Not that I don't have respect for soldiers that fight the insurgents but I know who I'd rather be fighting.

Last edited by jord (2008-03-21 03:54:30)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6595
Five years of victory. Hurrah! lol
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6445|North Carolina

FEOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

...who needed a better english teacher themselves.
him/herself   

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-03-22 11:00:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard