HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5976|Washington DC
Today's marks the fifth year of the ongoing Iraq War and Occupation. We're entering year 6 now. Afghanistan's been going on six years now.

I don't think much else has to be said. May those who have died rest in peace... may those who were hurt grow again... I hope some day, we won't have war.
cablecopulate
+449|6753|Massachusetts.
The day we don't have war is the day we're all dead.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6409|The Gem Saloon

HurricaИe wrote:

I hope some day, we won't have war.
my grandfather told me that one of the reasons he fought in WWII, was that so the next generation wouldnt have to.

dont hold your breath.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6674|The darkside of Denver
Dont get me started on the war.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5976|Washington DC

Parker wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

I hope some day, we won't have war.
my grandfather told me that one of the reasons he fought in WWII, was that so the next generation wouldnt have to.

dont hold your breath.
I reckon it's nothing but a pipe dream... it's been going on since the prehistoric ages... I'm just pensive tonight. I sadly have to agree with cable... we won't need war when there's nobody left to die from war.
Stimey
­
+786|6135|Ontario | Canada
Iraq is a stupid war, it wasn't even sanctioned by the U.N.
Not saying they should pull out, probably just nuke the place, its the only way out without losing more American lives and letting the insurgents win.
­
­
­
­
­
­
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6654
My dad is going back probably next year. =\
pj666
+16|6380|Sydney, Australia
Gotta finish what you start.

Bush has got to be the worst president you have had since Ulysses S Grant.

Edit: typo

Last edited by pj666 (2008-03-19 15:24:00)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5976|Washington DC

pj666 wrote:

warren harding openly said he didn't think he was fit to be president, and he drank during prohibition

but yes Bush is pretty bad IMO.

@Reaper, if he goes back I hope he is safe and returns safe.
=DB4D=Slight
+8|6200
the troops have never let us down. It is those fucking politicians. What a fuck up.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6654

HurricaИe wrote:

pj666 wrote:

warren harding openly said he didn't think he was fit to be president, and he drank during prohibition

but yes Bush is pretty bad IMO.

@Reaper, if he goes back I hope he is safe and returns safe.
Thanks, he should be. Maybe he wont go back, hopefully.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5976|Washington DC

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

the troops have never let us down. It is those fucking politicians. What a fuck up.
I have no respect for most politicians. Those who voted yes on Iraq should live in shame for the rest of their lives.
slaata
there's laughter in slaughter
+18|6741
RIP its easy to say but FUCK ME what must people go through...I mean all people regardless of country of origin. NO ONE can imagine unless they have experienced it.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5976|Washington DC

slaata wrote:

RIP its easy to say but FUCK ME what must people go through...I mean all people regardless of country of origin. NO ONE can imagine unless they have experienced it.
No, I can't experience imagine it. But I can sincerely pay my respects for those who have served and who have died.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-19 15:46:22)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6544|Global Command
Ya, oh boy.

It's really hard to justify a war of choice in light of the Haliburton profiteering and record oil company profits. The American people are getting screwed. Everything is being out sourced. The dollars value is gone.

gg Bush you fucking retard.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

That's how it went down in Nam, militarily it was a victory, but just the politicians let it fall, and the troops and military got a lot of undeserved blame.

But to quote Plato: 'Only the dead have seen the end of war.'
amak1131
+4|6177
Stimey: The U.N. is nothing but a joke. Does no good and is a waste of time.

The war may be bad...but pulling out now is NOT the solution. It's a repeat of Vietnam...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

M.O.A.B wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

That's how it went down in Nam, militarily it was a victory, but just the politicians let it fall, and the troops and military got a lot of undeserved blame.

I've read Plato, don't remember that quote.  Where'd you hear it?

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-03-19 20:54:07)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

I've read Plato, don't remember that quote.  Where'd you hear it?
I've seen it from Black Hawk Down's intro, but it specified it as one of his quotes.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6426|'Murka

Stimey wrote:

Iraq is a stupid war, it wasn't even sanctioned by the U.N.
Not saying they should pull out, probably just nuke the place, its the only way out without losing more American lives and letting the insurgents win.
17 UN resolutions not enough for you?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jackabo
+127|6573|Dublin, Ireland
I'm not gonna say the people who died deserve it. THey died for honour and for their country (however after some news footage from Iraq soldiers I have my doubts). But America is the worst country in the world for war. You have to have everything. It's their oil or whatever, tbh i don't know what the fuck is goin on but bush is an absolute retard, he has ruined america and the rest of the world is laughing at you.

Last edited by Jackabo (2008-03-20 05:07:25)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6664
*cough*

Vietnam.

Bring on the Agent Orange.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

*cough*

Vietnam.

Yeah, too many damn trees in Iraq. Can't see shit!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6664

Mek-Izzle wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

*cough*

Vietnam.

Yeah, too many damn trees in Iraq. Can't see shit!
Too many clothed women. Same concept really.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England
Agent Green - Sand Stripper

That'll teach 'em

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard