I miss Todd Angelo tbh.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6772|Great Wall
A few snipers in IO are ok.

No one needs them in non-IO. Completely useless class.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6416|the land of bourbon

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

A few snipers in IO are ok.

No one needs them in non-IO. Completely useless class.
sarcasm, eh?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6772|Great Wall

steelie34 wrote:

sarcasm, eh?
Not at all.

In IO I snipe with SVD, in non-IO I snipe with SRAW/ERYX.

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2008-03-20 07:30:44)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6357|Orrstrayleea
Camping Snipers = Noob, do nothing for team

Roof camping snipers = Worst players in the game, they get next-to no kills

A Sniper who travels in a squad and takes out enemy snipers/enemy infantry is /win, also, if they are good they will get into CQC, M24 Sylez, then really start helping people
steelie34
pub hero!
depends on the map.  highway tampa? gtfo with your sniper.  ghost town?  great map.  camping the heli spawns with m95 = good fun

and the only noob here is the one who constantly gets kicked for baseraping in a tank.  guess who that is?
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6442|Somersetshire
steelie?
steelie34
pub hero!

Tehremos wrote:

steelie?
lol but no.  i was referring to OP
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6442|Somersetshire

steelie34 wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

steelie?
i know whats nearly as bad as a tank whore, a heli whore, eh steelie
steelie34
pub hero!

Tehremos wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

steelie?
i know whats nearly as bad as a tank whore, a heli whore, eh steelie
who me? nevar!  oh, wait... yeah i am.  but at least i only baserape if there are no admins on the server always follow the server rules

and as far the the snipers who camp in the oil rigs on ghost town, i bet they are all new to the game.  what did i do when i first bought this game?  i sniped from one of the oil towers.  you can't expect everyone to just start playing this game and know everything about the mini-map, where the action is going down, or where the enemy is coming from.  go easy nikola, we were all there at one point.
dont_be_ss
+312|6628|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

nighthawk843 wrote:

You can't camp and come top of a leaderboard.
Actually you can, you play too much karkand and jalalalala
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6502

steelie34 wrote:

depends on the map.  highway tampa? gtfo with your sniper.  ghost town?  great map.  camping the heli spawns with m95 = good fun

and the only noob here is the one who constantly gets kicked for baseraping in a tank.  guess who that is?
Me?
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6405|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

dont_be_ss wrote:

Actually you can, you play too much karkand and jalalalala
Camping on Wake isn't my scene. I prefer to be in the action.
jord
+2,382|6712|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm glad I don't get dragged into these pathetic arguments anymore. I'm not even going to call any of you retarded or pussies.

Ahh it's good to be free.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6190|Vancouver | Canada
..I'm more of a "marksman."
(Rolling with squads and providing medium range support, for the ignorant 'tards in here.)

..Unless it's Wake Island, in which case I just have fun trying to pull off 250+ headshots.

But I guess FPS' aren't supposed to be fun.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6672|Amsterdam, NY

DefCon-17 wrote:

They r serious bizness amirite?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6556
there's nothing i like better than outsniping a sniper with an m16/ak
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6502

SgtSlutter wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Many posts on these forums suggest that may very well be correct.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6527|N. Ireland
The idea of a sniper is for long distance cover. A sniper's primary goal is not to take a flag. Why? Because his weapon is pretty much guaranteed to be 100% ineffective at close range against, say, an AK-101. A sniper should only report, not go in for the flag itself.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6320|eng

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

SgtSlutter wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Many posts on these forums suggest that may very well be correct.
urrite
#rekt
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6320|eng

kylef wrote:

The idea of a sniper is for long distance cover. A sniper's primary goal is not to take a flag. Why? Because his weapon is pretty much guaranteed to be 100% ineffective at close range against, say, an AK-101. A sniper should only report, not go in for the flag itself.
Have you watched hintakarri's video yet? Go into the media section..
#rekt
VicktorVauhn
+319|6426|Southern California

kylef wrote:

What I used to do constantly while not "engaged" was to look at things in the distance, then bring up the scope. Even practice on teamates heads (usually try and remember not to shoot)

The point is if you do that constantly its not hard to aim at someone from the hip, then bring up your scope and be like 1 cm off their head. Easy adjustment and they are shot in the face.

With regular practice a sniper rifle is way better 1 on 1 in a close up situation. Typically the guy with the AK will shoot at the body, and 90% of the time me and the guy would see each other at the same time, and both get one shot off. Difference is a sniper rifle is much easier to get a head shot with.

Your just fucked if you has a friend with him since the second shot takes so long, and the scope blocks out what the other guy is doing so you cant keep an eye on him.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6781|Mexico City

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

A shitty sniper is the one that:
- is a SVD cracker.......
You called me a hacker for doing that once.

SVD is semi auto with 10 bullets and re-centers itself. Lots of times its much smarter to spam 3 body shots then waste time lining up a headshot.
when u kill 3 guys in movement, in 3 different locations, with only 3 bullets, is suspicious, or extremely lucky, dont you think?
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6197|Houston, Texas
Personally i only play sniper when i can shoot they guy when his face takes up my whole scope. CQC sniping is the only way to go to 1) be a better sniper and 2) contribute to the team.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6190|Vancouver | Canada

irishtop wrote:

Personally i only play sniper when i can shoot they guy when his face takes up my whole scope. CQC sniping is the only way to go to 1) be a better sniper and 2) contribute to the team.
Yup, 'cause a sniper consistently picking off targets at long range is completely worthless.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard