• Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Freezer's guide to overclocking your graphics card using RivaTuner
SnyperWiper
+4|6649|Germany
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I don't recommend touching the 8800GTX overclocking until you have a superb aftermarket cooler. Mine runs 80°C under load on stock clocks
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

SnyperWiper wrote:

And overall, try this:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=95634
We know you've got a thread. It can be found in the Tech section. Not here.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
I OCed it but when i look in Everest it says all clocks are at default. Its like Riva Tuner resets itself on every reboot. I did apply all settings. Help.
Is it because Riva is installed in xp and everest is in vista? I play games in xp.

Last edited by .Sup (2008-03-24 10:51:38)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

.Sup wrote:

I OCed it but when i look in Everest it says all clocks are at default. Its like Riva Tuner resets itself on every reboot. I did apply all settings. Help.
Is it because Riva is installed in xp and everest is in vista? I play games in xp.
Yes. Rivatuner applies the clocks at XP startup.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

DeathUnlimited wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Yes. Rivatuner applies the clocks at XP startup.
Ok thanks for explanation.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd see what people thought of my problem. I'm currently having a play with my X1950Pro, and can get it up to 640Core 730Mem without any artefacts. However, I get higher 3D Mark Scores when the memory is left at the default clocks? Can anyone explain? I get similar results when using that OMark program ( the fur doughnut one) that Panzer posted.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd see what people thought of my problem. I'm currently having a play with my X1950Pro, and can get it up to 640Core 730Mem without any artefacts. However, I get higher 3D Mark Scores when the memory is left at the default clocks? Can anyone explain? I get similar results when using that OMark program ( the fur doughnut one) that Panzer posted.
The memory could be overheating. What cooler do you have?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Don't know. Whatever it came with. It was a pretty budget card.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

Don't know. Whatever it came with. It was a pretty budget card.
Oh lol. I forgot about this thread. Sorreh.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863
nice guide freeze, i have a question.

i have the zotac 8800gt, which already has a manufacturers overclock @660mhz. here are the main specs

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT @ 660MHz engine clock
Dual 400 MHz RamDAC
512MB GDDR3
1800MHz memory clock
1600MHz shader clock

now there is a zotac 8800gt AMP edition, the specs on that are slightly higher, such as

700 MHz engine clock
1700 MHz shader clock
512mb DDR3
2000MHz memory clock

doy you think i'll be able to push the standard zotac to the same/similar specs of the amp edition????
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6199|Winland

rammunition wrote:

i have the zotac 8800gt, which already has a manufacturers overclock @660mhz. here are the main specs

Dual 400 MHz RamDAC
512MB GDDR3
1800MHz memory clock
1600MHz shader clock

now there is a zotac 8800gt AMP edition, the specs on that are slightly higher, such as

700 MHz engine clock
1700 MHz shader clock
512mb DDR3
2000MHz memory clock

doy you think i'll be able to push the standard zotac to the same/similar specs of the amp edition????
The only difference between those cards is the BIOS. They'll clock just as good, it's just a difference of where you start from.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Freezer7Pro wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Dual 400 MHz RamDAC
512MB GDDR3
1800MHz memory clock
1600MHz shader clock

700 MHz engine clock
1700 MHz shader clock
512mb DDR3
2000MHz memory clock

The only difference between those cards is the BIOS. They'll clock just as good, it's just a difference of where you start from.
Just check the temps don't go too high, should do that OC just fine.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5863
thanks guys, the reason i asked was because the amp edition does have a better fan and heat sink than the standard i have. will try to push the card bit by bit
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
Well I got my Accelero S2 on my new 9600GT and am currently OC'ing it... Apparently 800MHz Core is good to aim for, and 1080MHz Memory.

Should be all good, I hope It's good playing new games on max specs, though...

Oh, and cheers Freezer for the guide

Ok, I got it to 790/2034/1082.

Everytime it goes the slightest bit past 790MHz on the core, it freezes in the 3DMark06 run. I could probably push the other two higher, but I'm happy with that.

Unless anyone knows a way around this 790 stop? I guess maybe it's just my cards limit.

Last edited by FFLink13 (2009-02-02 06:25:52)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada
Hey freezer, I just installed this on vista,(rivatuner that is) and under the driver settings tab, I'm getting no drivers detected, despite installing the newest drivers.... any help pls?

Edit: Nvm figured it out.

Last edited by Nic (2009-07-06 04:01:57)

• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Freezer's guide to overclocking your graphics card using RivaTuner

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard