BF3S Forums Iran's Penal Code: Giving up Islam = Death Penalty

max
Vela Incident
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM
+1,651|3009|Hamburg :/

BF2S Honors:
Tech Team
Donator

That must suck for the people who live there. Then again this is another county and none of our business
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
Offline No Xfire No stats No Email No PM
+874|3116|Canberra, AUS
Democracy only works in countries with educated people.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+136|2664|Brisneyland
A doctor from Iran visited our lab a couple of years ago. He was a very intelligent, nice bloke. He really loved his country, ( liked a drink) however said on many occasions that the people in govt were dickheads. He showed me a lot of photos of Iran and it looked really cool. If they could get rid of Ahmadinejad that country could really go places.

On topic, yeah that piece of legislation really sucks. policy like that will keep Iran as one of the countries the rest of the world looks down on. Also will help to give Islam a bad name
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+1,178|2853|'Murka

BF2S Honors:
Moderator

max wrote:

That must suck for the people who live there. Then again this is another county and none of our business
This wouldn't fall into the category of human rights violations? You get killed if you exercise freedom of religion?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,925|2997

FEOS wrote:

max wrote:

That must suck for the people who live there. Then again this is another county and none of our business
This wouldn't fall into the category of human rights violations? You get killed if you exercise freedom of religion?
Lots and lots of countries violate human rights and nobody does jackshit. Unfortunately for Iran the only countries that violate human rights that other countries decide to meddle with are those with oil or those that are in a militarily strategic location.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-27 11:22:39)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+1,178|2853|'Murka

BF2S Honors:
Moderator

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

max wrote:

That must suck for the people who live there. Then again this is another county and none of our business
This wouldn't fall into the category of human rights violations? You get killed if you exercise freedom of religion?
Lots and lots of countries violate human rights and nobody does jackshit. Unfortunately for Iran the only countries that violate human rights that other countries decide to meddle with are those with oil or those that are in a militarily strategic location.
I was talking about the unwritten rule around here that, while most domestic policies are off limits, those that clearly violate human rights are no longer strictly "domestic" in nature.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
Member
Offline No Xfire