djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6371|Oregon

jord wrote:

My friends call me Jord.

And when I say friends I mean random people in the street.

And why I say Jord I mean Cunt.
Jord is the name of Earth in the board game Twilight Imperium.

My internet name comes from me being like "OH I NEED A NAME FOR A RAPPER CUZ I'M IN 6TH GRADE ALL LIKE YEAH YEAH YEAH AND COOL OOOHHHH FETUSES ARE FUNNYYYY YEAH I LIKE FETUSES BUT WHAT ABOUT WITH A PH SO IT'S PHETAL."

GOD DAMNIT.
AND NOW IF I CHANGE MY NAME, NOBODY WILL RECOGNIZE ME... ESPECIALLY WITH TRACKR ON THE WAY.
HOW DID I LET THIS NAME GO UNCHECKED FOR 7 YEARS?!?!?!?!
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6729|The Ville
You all can figure it out.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6440|NSW, Australia

i like birds...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6554|Adelaide, South Australia

One day, I was sitting in English while bored out of my skull. In order to make it look like I was working, I decided to write a short story. The teacher happened to mention horror genres at the same time, and I immediately thought of werewolves. I tried to think of a werewolf name for my story, but I could barely think of anything. I ended up making this, and made my name. I used it as a generic filler name until I made a BF2 account.

Up until then, I was using S_K_I_A. I still use it for MoH:AA:SH whenever I get to play.

Ty wrote:

I was getting an influx of e-mails from people wondering about my thoughts on various Star Wars topics. Upon realising that my name was a Star Wars planet, (I didn't make the link between the name and Star Wars until fairly recently,) I asked Jeff to shorten my user name, so Ty I became.
Same problem, different game. Everyone thinks I got my name from Warhammer 40k despite the fact I've never even seen a trailer, let alone played a game of it.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6766|Uhh... erm...
Came up with it while playing Tetrinet.

Only recently did I find out it's also a Russian town.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6801|Cambridge (UK)
I don't recall.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6515|Somewhere else

Obiwan wrote:

You all can figure it out.
I wonder if he means "old Ben"?
psH
Banned
+217|6418|Sydney
ashlite was some random shit i made up one day, psH is from the PPSh-41, a soviet gun in ww2
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6474|Brisbane, Australia

TIMMMMMAAAAH?

TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAH!

+ my name is Tim.

Hughbert Cumberdale is my new CS name though, cause it is funneh.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2008-02-25 23:40:39)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
1927(h)
Cardiff City last won the FA Cup in 1927.  I am a Cardiff fan. the (h) stands for when I post from home.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6713|In You Endo- Stoke

1927(h) wrote:

Cardiff City last won the FA Cup in 1927.  I am a Cardiff fan. the (h) stands for when I post from home.
Hey homes!

Was Jayden at one point then i dropped the A-doesn't really mean anything,just used it that long it doesn't have to have a meaning.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6749|Purplicious Wisconsin
My first nickname was Oddball(anyone ever seen the world war 2 comedy Kelly's Heroes?), and I eventually changed it to Soldier, and then settled with war man.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6554|Adelaide, South Australia

War Man wrote:

My first nickname was Oddball(anyone ever seen the world war 2 comedy [h]Kelly's Heroes?), and I eventually changed it to Soldier, and then settled with war man.
I liked that movie.
Slarty
+37|5999|Ingerland

cowami wrote:

Slarty wrote:

It's from a book I once read....
The Hitchhiker's Guid to the Galaxy, perhaps?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6656|London, England

Ty wrote:

Woot! Finny's a FotC fan! Go New Zealand!

kptk92 wrote:

Initials/year of birth
So mine would be phds87.
-----------------
Ty comes from... shit there's a history to this one...

Er, right. Back in Intermediate school I befriended a bloke called Jadi. Together we started writing a comic strip called "Arch Nemesis" which was a nonsensicle cartoon which centered around two main characters - Idaj Abaddon, a sort of mercenary from H.E.L.L, (the name for the organisation or whatever it was,) and Vampete DeVour, a vampire-of-sorts who was pretty much a lacky from the same organisation. Obviously Idaj was Jadi's character, (hint: it's Jadi backwards,) and Vampete was mine, (Did the "Pete" give it away?) The comic basicly had Idaj either trying to kill Vampete for basic ineptness or both of them or either of them attacking other more minor characters, (From "Me" the self-obsessed TV personality and part time singer to "Bob the Gay Genie.") I guess it was kind of like Mad Magazine's "Spy vs. Spy" except with more characters/character development and dialogue. For two 11/12/13 year olds Arch Nemesis was quite admirable.

Anyway, the cartoons kept going as they were until the end of form two when we were both twelve and went to separate colleges. Jadi went to St. Patricks College and I went to Wellington College. I haven't seen him since except for a brief time when I spied him reading a book in the bleachers at a Wellington Coll/St. Pats sporting meet.
Anyway at my new school I didn't really do much work in class, to be honest I never have. I spent most of the time continuing to draw Arch Nemesis cartoons. The stories were getting more complex and the characters were evolving and more people were getting interested in the cartoon. They suggested that Vampete probably wasn't a Vampire but some sort of alien and needed a new name. I settled on the name "Tyferra" after mishearing the planet "Thyferra"  being spoken in the premise to a mission in "Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D" because it sounded quite alien but still "cool" and also fitting for the cartoon's universe. The cartoon continued, even launching a spin off where a friend of mine decided to create his own series of comics based around the character "Cliche", a red-haired weirdo who had a habit of being killed in utterly predictable ways.

Anyway, in my second year of college, (2002,) I was introduced through some friends to the world of online gaming, namely one game - Battlefield 1942 - (the Wake Island demo.)
I was required to think up a gamer tag for myself - well what more fitting than my now three year-old cartoon character? The name Tyferra stuck up until July 2006. I had recently been made a Moderator on this site and was getting an influx of e-mails from people wondering about my thoughts on various Star Wars topics. Upon realising that my name was a Star Wars planet, (I didn't make the link between the name and Star Wars until fairly recently,) I asked Jeff to shorten my user name, so Ty I became.

Nothing's ever simple when it comes to me. That's the whole story, I left nothing out.

(I'm bored at University waiting for my next lecture, don't judge me.)
I thought it was just short for Tyrone
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6210|sverige

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Ty wrote:

Woot! Finny's a FotC fan! Go New Zealand!

kptk92 wrote:

Initials/year of birth
So mine would be phds87.
-----------------
Ty comes from... shit there's a history to this one...

Er, right. Back in Intermediate school I befriended a bloke called Jadi. Together we started writing a comic strip called "Arch Nemesis" which was a nonsensicle cartoon which centered around two main characters - Idaj Abaddon, a sort of mercenary from H.E.L.L, (the name for the organisation or whatever it was,) and Vampete DeVour, a vampire-of-sorts who was pretty much a lacky from the same organisation. Obviously Idaj was Jadi's character, (hint: it's Jadi backwards,) and Vampete was mine, (Did the "Pete" give it away?) The comic basicly had Idaj either trying to kill Vampete for basic ineptness or both of them or either of them attacking other more minor characters, (From "Me" the self-obsessed TV personality and part time singer to "Bob the Gay Genie.") I guess it was kind of like Mad Magazine's "Spy vs. Spy" except with more characters/character development and dialogue. For two 11/12/13 year olds Arch Nemesis was quite admirable.

Anyway, the cartoons kept going as they were until the end of form two when we were both twelve and went to separate colleges. Jadi went to St. Patricks College and I went to Wellington College. I haven't seen him since except for a brief time when I spied him reading a book in the bleachers at a Wellington Coll/St. Pats sporting meet.
Anyway at my new school I didn't really do much work in class, to be honest I never have. I spent most of the time continuing to draw Arch Nemesis cartoons. The stories were getting more complex and the characters were evolving and more people were getting interested in the cartoon. They suggested that Vampete probably wasn't a Vampire but some sort of alien and needed a new name. I settled on the name "Tyferra" after mishearing the planet "Thyferra"  being spoken in the premise to a mission in "Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D" because it sounded quite alien but still "cool" and also fitting for the cartoon's universe. The cartoon continued, even launching a spin off where a friend of mine decided to create his own series of comics based around the character "Cliche", a red-haired weirdo who had a habit of being killed in utterly predictable ways.

Anyway, in my second year of college, (2002,) I was introduced through some friends to the world of online gaming, namely one game - Battlefield 1942 - (the Wake Island demo.)
I was required to think up a gamer tag for myself - well what more fitting than my now three year-old cartoon character? The name Tyferra stuck up until July 2006. I had recently been made a Moderator on this site and was getting an influx of e-mails from people wondering about my thoughts on various Star Wars topics. Upon realising that my name was a Star Wars planet, (I didn't make the link between the name and Star Wars until fairly recently,) I asked Jeff to shorten my user name, so Ty I became.

Nothing's ever simple when it comes to me. That's the whole story, I left nothing out.

(I'm bored at University waiting for my next lecture, don't judge me.)
I thought it was just short for Tyrone
If i wouldn't have been hr for a couple of years and knowing that your name has been Tyferra, i would probably think it was "Thank You"
bennisboy
+829|6681|Poundland
well my surname is bennis and I'm a guy
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6680|Malibu
Eye of a Storm is a representation of calmness whilst chaos.

I always have believed in the fact that keeping calm improves one's combat effectiveness. Therefore, whilst the chaos of battle (Storm), I would try to keep my calm (Eye).

This also has another meaning. Most of the time, I play as a sniper, this means that I am usually placed far away from the battle (Eye), looking into the chaos (Storm).
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6429|The Gem Saloon
most of you know.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6656|London, England

1927(h) wrote:

I was wondering why there were two 1927 accounts. Is it really necessary to have a (h) one though? I mean....do I even have to explain the fact that you can log onto the same account wherever you are
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6657|Little Bentcock
My surname and initials.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6691|UK
mine came about 9 years ago, i have a slightly tanned complextion, so all the new lads at work called be CUBEN RENT BOY lol, by buy the end off the month they was calling me cubes, so then i started to use cubes as my MOH nickname, then one day on TS a fellow player called me rubes, i was like who the fuck is that, " YOU HE SAID RUBIX CUBES" so when bf2 came out cubes was already taken so i decided to try rubix-cubes and bobs ya uncle
Dragonclaw
+186|6340|Florida
I thought of it about 8(ish) years ago and it stuck with me. Never really used any other name.

As far as I know only 2 other people have the name, one who capitalizes the "claw" which deserves the death penalty imo, and some german fag.

Sadly Bethseda stole my name for "Dragonclaw Rock" in Oblivion. I should sue.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2008-02-26 06:46:05)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6508|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I was trying to figure out a clever name for BF2 since I haven't had one for internets play on a long term before. I was looking around some inspiration around my livingroom and saw the CD tower. So I put my iTunes on for some inspiration and start hitting next with random on. Armand Van Helden comes up and vi-ola! Armand Van Helden - Ultrafunkula. The name was just too funky not to use
Sample of mah name.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5971
Well, My name is Bradley. And in any game I play I'm always a squad leader, or the leader of something. Same with school, hence my name.

Even in BF2142 game the BAUR H-AR is named after me I'm so good with it, Bradley's Automatic Ub34 Rifle!

EDIT: And t3h because it looked more original and less braggy then Bradtheleader.

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2008-02-26 07:36:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard