TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6762|New Hampshire
Ok, so I'm pretty sure this has been posted before but I can't find the post to post it on, so I'll start a new one.

This evening I was playing Strike at Karkand 24/7 on UCS's server, playing as commander.  As soon as the round starts, about 10 seconds into it (literally - I had JUST been chosen for commander) both my artillery pieces blew up.  I did a scan immediately after that and there was NO one around them - friendly nor enemy.  Throughout the entire round my commander toys would blow up 2 at a time, with maybe a 3 second delay in between, and there would be no friendlies near them, and no enemies near them  -  even when I checked with Scan or UAV when possible.  Also, I tried to sit near them and watch them to see if the guy just wasn't showing up under my UAV or anything, but when I did this, the toys that I wasn't watching would blow (i.e. if I was sitting at arty, the UAV and scan trailer would blow and vice versa).

Is it possible for a server admin to do this?  I know an admin was commander on the opposing team, and MEC had been losing for over 38 rounds straight, so I'm not sure if admins can do this or not.  Something else that happened in the middle of the round was the game was paused.  PAUSED showed up on my screen and everyone elses, and no one could do anything during this period.  Im not sure how long it lasted, maybe 15-30 seconds...

Anyone got any explanations?

Last edited by TehSeraphim (2006-01-03 23:16:28)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6827|Singapore

Not too sure about your stuff blowing up, but the admin CAN pause a game.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6758

TehSeraphim wrote:

Anyone got any explanations?
An admin abuser named cypher00fus, maybe?

@topic: I know that assetts magically repair themselves sometimes but i've never heard of them blowing up.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6827|Singapore

Hurhur. r00fus has 1337 stats.

And no i've never seen them magically repair themselves. Its already magical if someone goes engineer and repairs them.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6758
Maybe more people would repair them if you would get 2 points for repairing 1 assett
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6737|Illinois
I've seen the artillery repair itself in several games and in a different game it just blew up with no one around even when I did a scan but it only happened once or twice so I didn't think much of it.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6827|Singapore

And more people would pad too. We should all quit BF2 and play something mindless like Quake 4 or Painkiller or something like that.

I love fragfests.
dracul
+2|6845
spec ops dont show up on scan, I thought?
you have to use uav or zoom in to see them.
FourStars
+1|6777|Australia
arty can damage arty but not blow it in 1 hit i dont think
KevinB550
+5|6754
not sure about why it was so soon into the round, but i know some spec ops blow themselves up when they kill the arty for some reason... although in that case, you should be able to see warm corpses with the scan, so dunno.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6787|Mark it zero.
i've played where arty blows itself up. every time you launch arty it says team vehicle damage, then after a few strikes, its completely blown, but i havnt seen it blow instantly.

and about the dumbass spec ops that blow themselves up with the assets, the funniest thing i've seen one do was on mashtuurr city. i was the commander and i was sitting in the little gaurd tower at the hill, then i see a vod driving up. it goes straight into my scanner and blows it up, and blowing himself up in the car. i was like why the fuck would he do that?? thats -1 points. so i repair it, and then a few minutes later, the same thing happens. same guy, suicide bombs my scanner. what the hell is wrong with this guy? he did it a total of 4 times. i just thought it was funny as hell so i decided to put it in here.
Home
Section.80
+447|6886|Seattle, Washington, USA

Yeah, that's happened to me too. Assetts would just randomly blow up. Artillery first, then sometime later, the UAV, then sometime after that, that Command box thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard