kptk92
u
+972|6452|tc_london
BBC News has just come up on the TV about another American shooting, I'll edit this with details in a minute when the News Page comes up

One such link:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/univer … index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7246003.stm

BBC News wrote:

A gunman is reported to have opened fire on students at a university near Chicago in the United States.

Last edited by kptk92 (2008-02-14 14:23:15)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6684|Your moms bedroom
yeah, i think its time we make an official school shooting thread

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/univer … index.html
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6531|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Omg!! A Shooting In The Us!!!

Ahh, another school shooting. I think that makes 4 or 5 in the last month. Guess someone didnt want to do mid terms

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2008-02-14 14:20:02)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6491|Chicago, IL
Northern Illinois University this time?

why are there so many shootings in my state?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6491|Chicago, IL

SgtHeihn wrote:

Let the gun control debate commence:
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6523|Sheffield-England

SgtHeihn wrote:

Ahh, another school shooting. I think that makes 4 or 5 in the last month. Guess someone didnt want to do mid terms
No change there then

smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5976|Georgia, US of A
gun control, how about, which gun is best, jk lol
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

S.Lythberg wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If someone wants to get a gun to commit a crime, then they will get one no matter what gun control is in place. Unless all guns are destroyed there will be shootings.

Most British Firearm Crimes Committed By Teens: 10,990 firearms offences occur in England and Wales each year. Many are committed by teenagers furious over a perceived lack of 'respect'.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/ … 05,00.html

Its not just the US that have problems with guns. Even in a country that has stricter gun laws then we do has problems.

If a criminal wants a gun they will get it, no matter the laws

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2008-02-14 14:27:23)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6612|Mountains of NC

not downplaying anything here but these shootings happen in " Gun Free Zones " ie lawfull CWP holders can not carry - I would bet some serious money that these (some maybe not all) shootings woudl not happen if they killer thought they were in a area with people carrying
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6491|Chicago, IL

SgtHeihn wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If someone wants to get a gun to commit a crime, then they will get one no matter what gun control is in place. Unless all guns are destroyed there will be shootings.
"if you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have them"

who said that?   I'm sure my dad heard it somewhere...
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6433
Chicago has some of the strictest gun control in the country.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6491|Chicago, IL

west-phoenix-az wrote:

NIU isn't in Chicago.

We still have daily shootings though, so it hasn't helped much
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I live in California which has the strictest laws in the country and there is still shootings. I looked at buying a M-4 semi auto and I couldn't get one that wasn't single shot(one bullet in the weapon at one time)
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6557|Kickapoo

west-phoenix-az wrote:

The whole state has strict gun laws.
IRONCHEF
+385|6535|Northern California
SON of a motherless goat!!!  When will the madness end?  Yet another evil gun has taken possession of a man and killed and wounded innocent humans! 

IS it finally time to provide a special hotline for disgruntled GUNS???  When will America wake up and think about the guns?  It's not their fault they just wake up one morning and think "I"ma pop someone today!!"  Their therapy must go deep, deep, deep into the bowels, behind the sear, and into the the firing pin assembly!

I weep for the poor guns and the innocent humans who are cruelly controlled by them as they go about shooting people..

SgtHeihn wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I live in California which has the strictest laws in the country and there is still shootings. I looked at buying a M-4 semi auto and I couldn't get one that wasn't single shot(one bullet in the weapon at one time)
Here you go dude.  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

You can get ARs, AKs, and many other "assault" style weapons in CA just fine and fully legal.  You've been fed the DOJs misinformation propaganda.  There's states that are equally ignoring the 2a, like MA, NY, and IL.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-14 14:40:21)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6491|Chicago, IL
the AP is now saying 18 people were shot...

We need more armed security people on campuses, I can go weeks without seeing a single police officer...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6737
Before we get in to a serious debate about gun control why do we not first look at the problems that are leading the youth to such atrocities. All of the chemicals in our foods and drinks. All of the medications we throw back. The diagnosis' of "loserdem" imposed by the media. Wake up people.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-02-14 14:39:12)

IRONCHEF

S.Lythberg wrote:

We need more armed security people on campuses, I can go weeks without seeing a single police officer...
No, there's only one solution ..aside of the obvious one that says that people just need to chill out, have a little respect for life, etc.

The solution is best said in a popular quote:

"An armed population is a polite population."
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6491|Chicago, IL

IRONCHEF wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

No, there's only one solution ..aside of the obvious one that says that people just need to chill out, have a little respect for life, etc.

The solution is best said in a popular quote:

"An armed population is a polite population."
well, there certainly aren't that many shootings in Texas, so (was that Jefferson who said that? it was one of the founding fathers) that may be part of the answer.

people are less  likely to commit a crime if the victim may be well armed, and killing sprees will be ended a lot faster.

I'm not sure if there's a way to completely end the problem, aside from mandatory mental evaluations.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6612|Mountains of NC

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'm not sure if there's a way to completely end the problem, aside from mandatory mental evaluations.
well in this situation (unless you're reffering to evaluate every single person) then this shooter would have never got checked, the news reports he used a shotgun .... in most states all you need is to have an ID and be of proper age and you can buy a shotgun/rifle, this is why walmart carries only shotguns/rifles now-a-days
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
IRONCHEF
The solution that will probably solve 99% of these shootings has *little* to do with media, games, music, lack of education, poverty, neighborhood, etc.  The majority of such shootings would end if parents did better with their children from birth to 18.  If there's a lifetime of positive family time, spoken love and nourishment, civility, respect, and discipline learned in the home, it's quite easy to make correct choices about taking someone's life or not..in the context of most school/mall/workplace shootings.

Reactionary solutions never solve the problem.  Mental evaluations don't end anything unless it includes locking down said mentally defective person..which can't happen.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-14 15:07:57)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6665|London, England
Valentines Day.

Saw it coming.
jsnipy
+3,276|6566|...

I wonder how many shootings there were in the world today.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6791|The United Center
I know a bunch of people who go to school there.  So far I've only been able to get in touch with one.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6791|The United Center

smartdude992 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I know a bunch of people who go to school there.  So far I've only been able to get in touch with one.
thats because the rest are dead, lol, kidding, but really, i hope they're fine
Watch it.  Consider this your only warning.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard