usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6806

So sitting here at work, I am involved in some email traffic with someone in Hamburg, Germany.  I finally noticed his name.

Ma**** Beer-Kunz

Beer?  His last name is beer?  There is no way?  How awesome is that.  I want my last name to be Beer.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6610|Area 51
Then from now one we shall refer to you as Usmarine Beer.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6616|USA

RDMC wrote:

Then from now one we shall refer to you as Usmarine Beer.
yes!
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6754|Germany
Sorry to burst your bubble there, but the german last name "Beer" is actually originated out of old german and means "bear".
Still a cool last name, though.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6523|Communist Republic of CA, USA
*Re-Inflates Bubble*
DUDE! His last name is Beer!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6819|Noizyland

Aye, but for him to be cool in German his last name should be "Bier".
Still, how cool would it be to be able to say, "Psha, I don't worry about alcohol poisoning, Beer is my last name."
Doesn't work quite so well as middle but doable nonetheless.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6666|London, England
I want to know why most Jews have German/White sounding names and yet they call themselves Jews...

Pfft. Jews my arse. They're just a bunch of Eastern European Commies

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-07 01:01:45)

HellHead
+336|6754|Germany
Because most jewish names are based of their own language "Yiddisch", which is actually a mixture of old german and hebrew, developed in the 13th century when Jews lived in Ghettos in germany.
We still have and use a lot of "yiddish" based words in german, like make a "Reibach" - to make  alot of money "Maloche" - hard physical labour
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6369|New Haven, CT

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I want to know why most Jews have German/White sounding names and yet they call themselves Jews...

Eastern Europe>you.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

nukchebi0 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Eastern Europe>you.
Errr.......No.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6044|...
when I go to school I always get past this 2nd hand car dealer with the big name "Cock van Buuren" above his store.

beer is awsm too. Though usually in germanland / dutchland it's bear instead of beer

Last edited by dayarath (2008-02-07 02:48:37)

inane little opines
c14u53w172
+31|6043|tomania

Mek-Izzle wrote:

believe it or not, you can be jew AND german...
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6220|sverige

c14u53w172 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

NO WAI!!!!!!!!!11?
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6571|Milkystania, yurop
This reminds me that i have to go to Germany soon and refill my beer supply, its dangerously low
Mekstizzle
WALKER

c14u53w172 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

You don't get what I mean. I'm talking traditionally speaking, people have names based on their religion.

"Weinberg" etc.. isn't really a Jewish surname. I mean, these Jews tried to assimilate by even changing their names to more Christian/German traditional style ones to please the Germans/Eastern Europeans they lived with yet they still got persecuted, it's quite sad...

Like how you don't expect someone from China to change their name to a traditional Swedish one of they moved to Sweden now would you
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6571|Milkystania, yurop

Mek-Izzle wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

You don't get what I mean. I'm talking traditionally speaking, people have names based on their religion.

"Weinberg" etc.. isn't really a Jewish surname. I mean, these Jews tried to assimilate by even changing their names to more Christian/German traditional style ones to please the Germans/Eastern Europeans they lived with yet they still got persecuted, it's quite sad...

Like how you don't expect someone from China to change their name to a traditional Swedish one of they moved to Sweden now would you
Lawlz Chen Svensson
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Magpie wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

Lawlz Chen Svensson
That actually sounds quite good.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6508|A W S M F O X
Lawl chinese swedish -__-
HellHead
+336|6754|Germany

Mek-Izzle wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Sorry, Dude, you are totally wrong here.
All those "funny" sounding names like Weinstein, Weinbertg, Apfelbaum were not chosen by the Jews because they tried to fit in. Like I said, even back in the days the Jews were oppressed and had to live in ghettos, so the authorities forced them to take over those names, for everyone could easily identify them as Jews.
d307
+9|6011|Dallas, Texas

HellHead wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

All those "funny" sounding names like Weinstein, Weinbertg, Apfelbaum were not chosen by the Jews because they tried to fit in. Like I said, even back in the days the Jews were oppressed and had to live in ghettos, so the authorities forced them to take over those names, for everyone could easily identify them as Jews.
100% Correct. Come on guys... learn your European history... Your World History teachers would cry right now!

d3

Last edited by d307 (2008-02-07 04:23:15)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6348|The | Netherlands
His name?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6612|NYC / Hamburg

lemme guess: his name is Markus?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6508|Tyne & Wear, England
Marine works??  I thought he was a washed up veteran who sat at home getting pissed all day
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Marine works??  I thought he was a washed up veteran who sat at home getting pissed all day
Only on tuesdays
stef10
+173|6527|Denmark

HellHead wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

wow, the Jews have had a tough life in germany.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard