Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5967
Hey guys

Well, I made a long text but I decided to make it short.

I need to clean my PC.

Switzerland doesn't know what a can of compressed air is.

I need some way to clean all this dust out of my PC.

Any ideas?   +1 Whoever can help
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6658|UK
Take it outside and use a hair dryer. That'll blow all the dust out quite nicely.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5967
Uhhhhh...

Outside...and a hair dryer...well, carrying the PC down 6 flights of staires will be fun. And let alone getting an extension cord that long...

Sorry but could is there anything easier?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6484|The Twilight Zone
Its always best to just disassemble the pc and take all the components out and then clean them. There so much dust on them if you are gonna blow dust of the components your room will full of it. So take each component out, go in some other room and blow the dust off.

liquidat0r wrote:

Take it outside and use a hair dryer. That'll blow all the dust out quite nicely.
Here where i am is a lot of moisture. Hot air + dry air=condense. Not good for the pc, it could come to short circuit.

Last edited by .Sup (2008-02-01 02:36:09)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6658|UK

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Sorry but could is there anything easier?
Yeah, you could do it inside. But then, depending on how dirty it is, you'll have to clean the dust up afterwards.
.Sup
be nice
None of your friends has a compressor?
Bradt3hleader
+121|5967
Hmmmm thanks for the info guys!

Well the only guy who has a compressor in the area is my dad's warehouse....4km from here :p lol well thanks sup, I love that explanation
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6317|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I r use vacuum cleana
(Carefully ofc.)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
.Sup
be nice

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Hmmmm thanks for the info guys!

Well the only guy who has a compressor in the area is my dad's warehouse....4km from here :p lol well thanks sup, I love that explanation
No probs but it do suggest you take your PC to dad's warehouse and clean it with the compressor. You don't clean your PC every day.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6161|North Tonawanda, NY

.Sup wrote:

Here where i am is a lot of moisture. Hot air + dry air=condense. Not good for the pc, it could come to short circuit.
I would be more concerned about hot, dry air causing static electricity on your static-sensitive components.
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6665|England
Cotton Buds FTW
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6228|Winland

A straw and your breath. Might wanna use a funnel at the mouth end to avoid saliva getting through so easily. Switch straws after about five blows, or wash and dry the same one. Almost as good as compressed air.

Also, take the stuff out when you clean it, a lot easier. And at the PSU, you might wanna use the vacuum cleaner in one end, whiles just blowing (Without straw) in the other. PSU's tend to collect HUGE ammounts of dust, especially larger-fan ones.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Phrozenbot
+632|6647|do not disturb

.Sup wrote:

Its always best to just disassemble the pc and take all the components out and then clean them. There so much dust on them if you are gonna blow dust of the components your room will full of it. So take each component out, go in some other room and blow the dust off.

liquidat0r wrote:

Yea. I just use an air compressor.
Dragonclaw
+186|6336|Florida
Order a few cans of compressed air from a PC shop online.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6026

SenorToenails wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I would be more concerned about hot, dry air causing static electricity on your static-sensitive components.
I've never taken any electro-static precautions and I've never had a problem.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6580|EUtopia | Austria
Simply be sure that - what ever kind of cleaning method you use - you disconnect all fans. You see, induction and such might well be a problem to your motherboard at 5000+ rpm (and yes, the howling of some 80mm fan under high pressure is sweet - but deadly).
Bradt3hleader
+121|5967
Wow thanks I must try these.   

@ Sup:  Well my dad's compressed air thing is VERY powerful, I wouldn't use it for a PC
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6317|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Wow thanks I must try these.   

@ Sup:  Well my dad's compressed air thing is VERY powerful, I wouldn't use it for a PC
You don't have to be up close and personal you know ?
https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/DjurS/captainobvious-1.jpg
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6693|Washington
Try a balloon and a straw, or a hair dryer on cold settings, or a shop vac that can also blow, air mattress pump, bicycle pump with a needle on the end like you are blowing up a soccer ball.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6180|'straya
put it in ur washing machine on a warm spin

ok serious now. air compressor dont hold it right up to it and just pull the trigger (that wat i have...or button or watever u have) half way in and obviously it lets less air out.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2008-02-01 15:35:49)

trippy982
+34|6429
Blow into a balloon.  Put a clip on the end of the balloon so air does not go away.  Put balloon in fridge for 10 minutes.  Take balloon out. You now have cold compress air.  /win
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6170|New Jersey

trippy982 wrote:

Blow into a balloon.  Put a clip on the end of the balloon so air does not go away.  Put balloon in fridge for 10 minutes.  Take balloon out. You now have cold compress air.  /win
That's an amazing idea.  Simple and effective.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6412|the land of bourbon

trippy982 wrote:

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard