Poll

Do you play WoW?

Yes15%15% - 34
No84%84% - 179
Total: 213
ruisleipa
+149|6254|teh FIN-land

globefish23 wrote:

Have I already mentioned that I personally detest the mages/dwarf/troll/orc fantasy genre?
I think it's crap.
so gtfo then

not saying I thik it's a good game but wtf kind of a lame post was that? srsly.

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-05-30 00:44:19)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6677
tried some game that was based on Warcraft III just uninstalled it.... was fun for a while then got tired of it.....
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6318|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Everything from WoW that I want I have right on Youtube: the cinematics, music, and occasional asshole gank video.
Hahahah. I dont really like WoW, but that is pretty retarded.

"I have everything I want from the GAME on youtube, except the GAMEPLAY"

How the fuck does that make any sense. An mmo, especially something like WoW and not say, LOTRO or TOR (When it comes out), has to be the last thing that is worth watching on youtube rather than playing.
I think what he meant was that there is nothing about the gameplay he likes, but the occational lulz provided on youtube is ok,
e.g.

I think WoW is one of the most boring and technologically inferior games created in a long time, but that's my personal opinion...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6355|Graz, Austria

ruisleipa wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Have I already mentioned that I personally detest the mages/dwarf/troll/orc fantasy genre?
I think it's crap.
so gtfo then
Yeah, I got the fuck out when I uninstalled the beta 7 years ago.

ruisleipa wrote:

not saying I thik it's a good game but wtf kind of a lame post was that? srsly.
I just summarized what I think are the weak points of WoW.
And stated that I don't like the fantasy genre. Not in any type of game actually. Nor in most other media like film or books.

Actually, I did play several sci-fi RPG games, but still wouldn't play a MMO one, because of the monthly charge.

FloppY_ wrote:

I think WoW is one of the most boring and technologically inferior games created in a long time, but that's my personal opinion...
Apparently, a game doesn't need modern technology or fancy graphics, nor entertaining gameplay to make people addicted.
It seems that this formula is especially true for MMORPG games with monthly charge.
That is, it's inherent in that type of games, since they'll get patched for many years after release so they naturally have outdated technology later on in their life cycle.

That doesn't excuse lame gameplay from the beginning though.
(My guess for the already outdated technology of WoW at launch was to maximize the target audience on as many low-spec machines as possible.)
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6654|Little Bentcock
WoW is only bad for people with addictive personalities. People who bash wow are also insecure about themselves.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5269|Cleveland, Ohio

globefish23 wrote:

I played the beta.
The most innovative thing it had was the Bittorrent-based downloader.

Summary:
Shallow, repetitive gameplay with no real story other than the age-old,generic mages/dwarf/troll/orc fantasy crap, which were outdated some time after Tolkien's release of the LOTR.
Also, it fucks with teenager's minds by making them addicted with said shallow repetitive gameplay with basically exploits basic brain functions - and the parents' credit cards.

I think it's crap.

11 Bravo wrote:

I think Finray plays WoW
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6162|Carnoustie MASSIF
Yeah, I got into it recently.
jord
+2,382|6710|The North, beyond the wall.
No I dont whats it to you anyway MATE
11 Bravo
Banned