Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6231|Winland

During christmas break, the school (Read: Computer teacher) arranged for the long-planned upgrade of the school's computers, wich I had been longing for ever since I got to the school. I knew that when they upgraded, the old computers would be either given away or sold cheaply. Well, I knew wrong. Fucking wrong. Even though I've told the teacher (Fucking bitch) to save anything that almost worked (litterarly) for me if it was to be thrown away. And GUESS WHAT THE FUCKING BITCH-LICKING CUNTFACED DORKNERD DOES?! SHE THROWS AWAY 20 FULLY WORKING FUCKING COMPUTERS! TWENTY!!!!!! I sold an 1.4GHz P4 Willamette/512/20GB for 140€ a month ago, so what would I not get for:

2.4GHz P4 Northwoods
512MB RAM
40GB HDD
GeForce 5600

I'd get at least 200€/piece for those! AND THE FUCKING IDIOT THREW THEM AWAY! And her excuse was even fucking worse:

"These computers are so old and tired that we'd only get in trouble if we sold them, not everyone's so into computers as you"

"Old and tired"? Well, GUESS WHAT, if you don't defrag a computer that's used daily for five years, OF COURSE IT GETS FUCKING TIRED!

And why would they have to sell them? Why not just fucking give them away for free?! Would they get in trouble for light exteriour damage and broken CDROM drives then? I DONT FUCKING THINK SO!

I just wanted to shout FUCK YOU in the face of the bitch, right there, in front of the whole class.

My thoughts sail especially towards DU, to whom I had thought of donating one if I'd get one... He's trapped on a <GHz computer...

What's even worse is what they've gotten instead; For usage with only Firefox, GIMP and a math game from '94, and with no HDD access:

AMD Athlon X2 4400+
1GB RAM
160GB HDD
7800GT

What weapon should I use to kill her? I'm so full of pure rage at the moment that I can't sleep. That bitch had even promised me to save stuff.

*pant* *pant* *pant*

/rant
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6191|Anaheim, Mexifornia
that fucking cunt.

put a thumbtack in his seat next class.

Last edited by MetaL* (2008-01-08 17:06:52)

JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6370
i know in tx a school cant sell or donate there computers b/c of law's

they get the computers for pennies on the dollar. it would bind there contract with dell
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6494
They have Geforce in them lol?
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6437|Alberta, Canada
Wow... At least when that sort of thing happened for me, my teacher thought it'd be cool to set them aside and play around with them. LAN party after school FFS!!! It kicked ass. Sorry about your situation though.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6541
what an absolute fuckhead.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6424

Rip out the 7800GT and mail it to me.  I need an upgrade.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6191|Anaheim, Mexifornia

some_random_panda wrote:

I second this.
Madhadda1
+270|6578|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MetaL* wrote:

that fucking cunt.

It's a woman... She needs to get back to the fucking kitchen and get stuck in the oven...
I understand your mad, but lets stay away from the sexism?
bennisboy
+829|6680|Poundland
nerd
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6014|Toronto
Ouch. Try to go to the dump and have a look.
I like pie.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6231|Winland

some_random_panda wrote:

How many would you like? I've got 20 of 'em tomorrow... Gotta save them from being used on Win2000 without drivers. These computers are fucking 2x faster than mine -.- This school has used the exact fucking same programs since the 90's, and always upgraded to more and more unneccesary power.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Homie22
+34|6645|Orange County, California

MetaL* wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

I second this.
i have a 7900 but i wouilnt mind a  7800
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6231|Winland

TSI wrote:

No, they're shipped once every 24h to the mainland. For destruction.
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6335

some_random_panda wrote:

Same for me please

That situation is very fucking annoying indeed. One of the primary schools in my area sold all their old computers when they upgraded (Mind you they weren't even worth buying)

Why do they buy nice computers for schools that only want to weigh them down with shit nobody's ever going to use?
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6672|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Teacher Own Freezer7Pro
TSI
+247|6014|Toronto

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TSI wrote:

When were they shipped? Try to contact the ppl who run the service. They'd prolly be sent to a "sanitary" electronic waste site, where they'd be backlogged for a month before they can find space to put them, so make some calls and try as hard as your rant suggests that you want them.
I like pie.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6231|Winland

maniacmattie wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Same for me please

That situation is very fucking annoying indeed. One of the primary schools in my area sold all their old computers when they upgraded (Mind you they weren't even worth buying)

Why do they buy nice computers for schools that only want to weigh them down with shit nobody's ever going to use?
The neighbouring school for the lower classes sold their 500MHz P3 computers for 15€/piece last year -.-
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6231|Winland

TSI wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TSI wrote:

When were they shipped? Try to contact the ppl who run the service. They'd prolly be sent to a "sanitary" electronic waste site, where they'd be backlogged for a month before they can find space to put them, so make some calls and try as hard as your rant suggests that you want them.
It'd cost a fortune getting them back here, and since this was done before new year, I doubt I'd even be able to track them half-way.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6603|Portland, OR, USA
This is actually for the better, had you got your hands on those computers... you probably would have motherboards and ram for wallpaper or some crazy shit.
TSI
+247|6014|Toronto

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TSI wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It'd cost a fortune getting them back here, and since this was done before new year, I doubt I'd even be able to track them half-way.
Well, you're right i suppose. Sorry to hear.
Hey, if you want some excess comps, I can have a look at what my school should be selling soon. Methinks you'd like what they have. I'm not promisisng anything, but if i can get soem stuff cheap, then I'll be sure to let you know. And it's fairly good stuff.
I like pie.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6231|Winland

TSI wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TSI wrote:

Well, you're right i suppose. Sorry to hear.
Hey, if you want some excess comps, I can have a look at what my school should be selling soon. Methinks you'd like what they have. I'm not promisisng anything, but if i can get soem stuff cheap, then I'll be sure to let you know. And it's fairly good stuff.
That'd be a nice thing to do. I'm in the second-hand computer buissness, as some here already know
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6541

Madhadda1 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MetaL* wrote:

that fucking cunt.

It's a woman... She needs to get back to the fucking kitchen and get stuck in the oven...
I understand your mad, but lets stay away from the sexism?
IRON MY SHIRT, IRON MY SHIRT, IRON MY SHIRT
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6725|Calgary
Iron it yourself!!!  If you think sexism is funny your lining yourself up for a whole lotta hurt.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6231|Winland

Superslim wrote:

Iron it yourself!!!  If you think sexism is funny your lining yourself up for a whole lotta hurt.
If you think it isn't, GTFO MY INTERNET!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard