Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6311|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Holy shit, just got back from the movies. I saw I Am Legend, and it's pretty creepy. Creepy, yet sad. I blame that British prick for trying to cure cancer. And that part where Sam (the dog) runs into the dark building? Ooooh, scary. Has anyone else seen it yet?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6588|British Columbia, Canada
I think I'm going to see it tonight, I was just about to phone a few friends to see if they wanted to go.
Stimey
­
+786|6146|Ontario | Canada
Yes, scared the piss outta me.
Ended pretty abruptly. Also, how would they cure the people at the end?

Last edited by Stimey (2007-12-15 17:02:44)

­
­
­
­
­
­
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6764|Toronto | Canada

It was so fucking good!

Definitely one of the best movies I've seen all year, though you're right, they didn't really give you enough of an idea of how civilization is going to continue...
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

Stimey wrote:

No idea, but when the dog died I was starting to cry.

I was all NOOOOOO
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6504|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Thanks for the Spoiler Warning...
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6486

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

No idea, but when the dog died I was starting to cry.

I was all NOOOOOO
Thanks for spoiling it.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

QFT
LT.Victim
+1,175|6588|British Columbia, Canada

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

QFT
I think I already knew the dog was gonna die, but still.. thanks.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6732|67.222.138.85
We have spoiler BBcode for a reason, use it.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
I was thinking of putting it up there, but something stopped me.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6356|teh alien spaceshit
The leader of the infected is quite cool, since it look a lot like Vladimir in a nanosuit.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6768|FUCK UBISOFT

i was just wondering if the people who get cured just go back to being themselves, i would think that being a vampire would fuck up your brain a bit.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Dersmikner
+147|6524|Texas
It was worth the time but it was WAY too obvious. If you didn't know that (1) there would be someone else who showed up, (2) the dog was going to die in a horribly emotional way, most likely having to be killed by the guy, and (3) that he'd die somehow either getting someone to safety or creating the cure, then you don't understand how formulaic Hollywood is these days. Literally you could have taken a pen and a popcorn tub and written out the high points and the ending within 10 minutes of being in the theater. It was entertaining, but the plot was frighteningly generic and obvious.

Oh yeah, edited for one more thing... when he left the woman with the G6 strain in the isolation chamber you either knew that he would find out later that the cure was working, or you are ever so slightly mentally deficient. How scripted was that?

Last edited by Dersmikner (2007-12-16 08:08:32)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6551|South Florida
holy fucking shit i hate you for tempting me to read your post so i didnt read it but im just posting this to tell you i hate you lol cause now i wanna read your post but i dont wanna ruin it
15 more years! 15 more years!
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6597|USA
good movie, but not great. too much CGI, imo, some of the other animals could have been real. and the flashbacks were somewhat lacking in backstory. it would be awesome as fuck to hunt deer out of a shelby GT though.

i also kinda wish it was truer to the novel.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6622|Michigan, USA

Dersmikner wrote:

It was worth the time but it was WAY too obvious. If you didn't know that (1) there would be someone else who showed up, (2) the dog was going to die in a horribly emotional way, most likely having to be killed by the guy, and (3) that he'd die somehow either getting someone to safety or creating the cure, then you don't understand how formulaic Hollywood is these days. Literally you could have taken a pen and a popcorn tub and written out the high points and the ending within 10 minutes of being in the theater. It was entertaining, but the plot was frighteningly generic and obvious.
Cant blame hollywood for that, you need to blame fiction in general.  It almost always ends up with someone you get attached to during the film/book/storyy/whatever being killed off, as well the good guys winning somehow in the end.  Yeah, I saw the whole movie coming whilst watching it, but it did have some turns you wouldn't be able to assume immediatly.  Thought it was a great movie, given the predictable story.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6505|Somewhere else

The book version ends quite differently.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6025|Rexburg, Idaho
doesnt the book end with him being executed by the vampires? i think i read a synopsis somewhere...
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6685|The darkside of Denver
Wait, I thought this was a remake of "The Omega Man" ???
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6835|Marathon, Florida Keys
I went and saw it with my dad, i had no clue it was going to be a horror(ish) movie. Scared the shit outta me in some parts but i liked it.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742
Ending was shit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CC-Marley
+407|6854
Saw it with the GF this past afternoon. Good movie. Kinda short though. Could of added another hour. Did he step into his own trap? or were the infected learning?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742

CC-Marley wrote:

Saw it with the GF this past afternoon. Good movie. Kinda short though. Could of added another hour. Did he step into his own trap? or were the infected learning?
The infected learned, the guy saw how he made the trap, so he made one to eat Will Smith. They are Humans, but without rationalization. It was good movie, but ending was really shitty. Always the black man dying for a white girl.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6790|Dallas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

The infected learned, the guy saw how he made the trap, so he made one to eat Will Smith. They are Humans, but without rationalization. It was good movie, but ending was really shitty. Always the black man dying for a white girl.
Better than dying for an azn like u.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard