Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6117|eXtreme to the maX
It seems to me the Military Industrial Complex is out of control, if they ignore the President, White House, Congress, DoJ etc.

The CIA failed to prevent 9/11 - when they knew it was coming, and compounded the situation by reacting so ineptly afterwards.

Was this all deliberate?

I still believe there were factions that knew AQ were planning an attack, expected a USS Cole type pinprick and were rubbing their hands over all the extra budget and powers they would be able to justify, all the shiny toys they'd be able to test out on third-world tribesmen, and all the Middle Eastern countries they'd be able to fuck up in America's and, more importantly, Israel's interests.

That they misunderstimated AQ, and fucked up the aftermath with very little to show for it except egg on their faces, 1,000s of dead Americans and trillions of dollars lost is an indictment of just how stupid and ignorant the average gung-ho CIA fuckwit really is.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

NWO
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3731
The problem isn't the CIA. The CIA's actions abroad and at home are only a logical conclusion of our own society's values. America is a bloodthirsty society. Most Americans like the death penalty because it kills bad guys. Most Americans like guns since they can kill the bad guys. And we like our military since they kill bad guys.

The U.S. does a good job dehumanizing people who don't keep perfectly in line. Everyone fighting alongside Sunni militants in Iraq and Syria is an uncivilized savage. Everyone arrested for selling drugs is a gang thug. Every Afghan fighting against U.S. occupation is a religious extremists. Their lives obviously don't matter. Americans won't care until it happens to them or someone they care about.

The holocaust and fascism was European colonization turned back onto Europe. What the U.S. government does abroad or towards its ethnic minorities will be used against the entire society in a decades time.

oh and

jsnipy wrote:

NWO
And chem trails
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its easy to imprison, torture or kill people once they've been categorised as 'bad guys' isn't it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6786|Moscow, Russia
"C-O-M-M-U-N-I-S-T Techniques"...

wat.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone
Chinese
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3731
Throughout the Cold war, American spy and war movies always used Chinese and Russian spies torturing people to illustrate how bad and unlike us they were. After WW2, torture, eugenics, and other things were taboo in the west. It was a part of our national identity and was one of the things that made us morally superior to the communist in Russia and elsewhere. Unfortunately, we overreacted after 9/11 and had a president who was willing to exploit us.

America can be a stubborn country who only learns by experience. That is okay. I think we learned that torture is unacceptable and invading countries for vague reasons is a bad thing to do. Just like we learned that fuck it no one is going to read this post anyway
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America
If we learned by experience, we wouldn't have mass shootings every week.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6748|Oxferd Ohire
i blame your parents
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
do you people actually say learned? fuck that sounds terrible the word is learnt.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6748|Oxferd Ohire
maybe youre saying it wrong
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America

DrunkFace wrote:

do you people actually say learned? fuck that sounds terrible the word is learnt.
It's like when people say they turned up instead of turnt.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

DrunkFace wrote:

actually both are correct.  Learned is an adjective too! As in "a learned professor".  So you're wrong twice!

Let me know when you'd like the next English lesson.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6720|England. Stoke

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

actually both are correct.  Learned is an adjective too! As in "a learned professor".  So you're wrong twice!

Except they're pronounced completely differently, and have different meanings.
Learned in the original example is terrible English.

Last edited by coke (2014-12-16 13:10:05)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3731
Remember when lowing spent a few days arguing about the difference empathy and sympathy? Good times.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6720|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Remember when lowing spent a few days arguing about the difference empathy and sympathy? Good times.
I have neither.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6748|Oxferd Ohire
i want some fish and fries
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Ohh please do, nothing would please me more then to be learned English by an American. Lets start with the pronunciation of herb and the difference between metre and meter.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3971|SL,UT

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6748|Oxferd Ohire
learned meter freedom fries
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Ohh please do, nothing would please me more then to be learned English by an American. Lets start with the pronunciation of herb and the difference between metre and meter.
Ah, I forgot, "British" English is the ONE TRUEEEE ENGLISH!  Whatever man.  Pronunciation is a regional/dialect thing...you know that right?  Do you go around correcting all the people who speak English as a second language whenever you come across them in real life? I bet you do.

I know I could never wrap my head around the idea that language is dynamic and alternative spellings and pronunciations are a natural byproduct of this.

But for what it's worth, I enjoyed Eddie Izzard's diatribe on the pronunciation of herb "because it has a fucking AITCH in it".  In fact I distinctly remember giving karma to Bertster probably 5 years ago with that very comment in it.

coke wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Except they're pronounced completely differently, and have different meanings.
Learned in the original example is terrible English.
It's actually completely acceptable in the U.S.  We also don't call a truck a "lorry" and the trunk of a car the "boot".  Tell me what terrible English those examples are too.  See comment above.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3971|SL,UT

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I know I could never wrap my head around the idea that language is dynamic and alternative spellings and pronunciations are a natural byproduct of this.
https://i.imgur.com/k6Nuo1W.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3731

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It really annoys me when people talk about "real" music and how music from the past was better. There was loads of trash back then too and some of the "good" stuff isn't that great either. Your comment about dynamic language just reminded me of that. Time waits for no man. Right, burnzz?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

I'd like solder (not 'sahduh') and Aluminium (not 'Ahloohminerm') first, if that's OK.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard