Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6407|Oslo, Norway
Wondering to get me a stick for piloting. Gotta be easier than keyboard and mouse... But how do things work?

When piloting the stick is in use of course, but whathappens if you play as a gunner/bomber? Do the joystick kick in then or is it still mouse that counts? Or do I have to change my options on the controlboard?

I'll be thankful for helpful answers.
Djbrown
+129|6522|Adelaide, Aussieland
you still use the mouse for the bomber second seat even if you switch to first, the joystick will control the jet. i dont think its possible to use the LGM's with a joystick even if you tried
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6772|The United Center
When using a joystick, it's not like it automatically switches off your K+M.

It's basically an either/or option.  You can use the joystick...or if you wanted to use keyboard and mouse, you still could.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6494

Gunner seat and bomber second seat go by vehicle controls if I'm not mistaken.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6714|"The Empire"
I find the joystick very useful for flying, much better than K&M, but still use the mouse for gunner/bomber anyway which is quicker and more accurate than a joystick would be. Its worth getting one babb, iv got a logitech attack 3 which is nothing special but works perfect for me and don't need anything more.

Last edited by UK|Hooligan (2007-12-03 05:50:08)

aimless
+166|6150|Texas

Djbrown wrote:

you still use the mouse for the bomber second seat even if you switch to first, the joystick will control the jet. i dont think its possible to use the LGM's with a joystick even if you tried
You could get a joystick to mouse emulator type thing, but it's not really worth the effort.

I use the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro, it's worth it.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6593|NYC / Hamburg

I have some crappy MS joystick from '99. Works great though, much better than K+B IMO
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6407|Oslo, Norway
Thanks for all your replies guys. I'll get a Logitech-stick tomorrow. Can't remember more specifics about the stick, but it got very good recommendations.
nachosandcheese09
+21|6159|Atlanta
i borrowed a joystick from a friend, really nice one and i cant use it!!

i do better with mouse and keyboard than with the joystick..... but i am NOT good with either one
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6362
dont do it
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6407|Oslo, Norway
I bought Logitech Extreme 3D PRO today. Hopes this will make my piloting skills go up!!!

Do any of you have any experience with this stick?
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6496|NY
Saitek Evo -- This thing takes a beating and keeps ticking.

I prefer to use a stick for jets and M&K for helos.
TravisC555
+118|6245|Cox Convention Center, OK

Babb Master Flash wrote:

I bought Logitech Extreme 3D PRO today. Hopes this will make my piloting skills go up!!!

Yes, and I never really have flown jets with M/K....lol. I have used this stick for about a year+ and it is still doing its job. I like it.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6407|Oslo, Norway

TravisC555 wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Yes, and I never really have flown jets with M/K....lol. I have used this stick for about a year+ and it is still doing its job. I like it.
Good. Gonna install it now and try it out.
san4
The Mas
+311|6714|NYC, a place to live

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard