TFSlott
+2|6157
Since may I've been fighting without the in-game voice. My microfone simply doesn't work. I don't know why?

The story: In May I got my new monster pc (Quadcore, Nvidia8800, three disks in raid5 etc.) Really hardcore, but I didn't think a soundcard was neccessary. I relied on the on-built sound from my Asus P5B deluxe motherboard. Well - my mike works fine in all programs but Battlefield. I tried several mikes - stand alone mikes and several headsets. I installed my pc with vista 32 bit home premium. Tried to uninstall and install winXP with all upgrades. And that works! My mike works fine with XP. But I want that vista (time for u too blame me), so I once again installed that vista.

When I run the Voicesetup program I get no response at all. I think vista is to blame, but I'm not sure. I searched for updated drivers for my motherboard and I can only find beta audio drivers for vista.

Everyone else got problems with the mike? I really miss that chatting. Especially when playing commander I like to speak with my squadleaders.

Some of u would say "buy a soundcard", and you're right... BUT - the NVIDIA graphics card takes all free space, so I have no more room in my cabinet. I have one pci slot free, but if I use it, my graphics card will not get enough air. Too sad. I didn't think of this when choosing my motherboard.

I've been looking for usb soundcards, but none are compatible with vista. Or? (I haven't found any).

I'm an XP pro but still not a Vista pro. Perhaps something very simple I'm not aware off?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

Microphone not Microfone. Other than that I have no answer to your problem.

Last edited by Gooners (2007-12-02 12:36:19)

cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
Did you enable voip and have transmit set to 100%?
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

You might look in the audio properties to see what is selected. I know bf2 does not select the direct sound default.
TFSlott
+2|6157

cablecopulate wrote:

Did you enable voip and have transmit set to 100%?
I'm not sure - normally it just works. Do u mean the bar pushing up? How do u enable?
TFSlott
+2|6157

jsnipy wrote:

You might look in the audio properties to see what is selected. I know bf2 does not select the direct sound default.
Well - I'm sitting by my laptop. Hold on one sec - I'll check - think I checked it all, but perhaps not...
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6569|USA
go to the sound options. make sure its not set up to use a sound card for voip, make sure voip is turned on (in sound options) and make sure the transmit is set to full, like cable said.
TFSlott
+2|6157

Ender2309 wrote:

go to the sound options. make sure its not set up to use a sound card for voip, make sure voip is turned on (in sound options) and make sure the transmit is set to full, like cable said.
I just tried everything. Default is set to software. I tried changing it to hardware. The voip is turned on and the transit is set to full. I think I tried all combinations.

Set to soundcard - do u mean "hardware" in the left screen option? Otherwise there must be somewhere else to look.

I also tried to run the voipsetup program again. This time the program crashed after having moved the transmission to max next hitting the apply button. It stopped working. And here's a good one: vista suggested to reinstall bf2 version 1.12 :-) Good work Bill Gates. Keeping your system up to date. Well - it crashed again and again if I keep on trying to change the transmission. I can't recall it did this before. Perhaps I should just try to reinstall bf2, sf and 1.41 !!! Bill - get a grip.

Last edited by TFSlott (2007-12-02 13:07:30)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6569|USA
yes thats what i mean slott. yeah, try a reinstall.
medic13
+1|5980|Carthage NC
If you have an P5B MB and  N8800 card  do you have dual cards I have an P5KC  mb with dual 8800 and still have room for more cards , any way you can get a USB  X-FI card from creative that would work . My self believe vista is the trouble maker hear and not onboard sound.
bombardier9999
+20|6482

Gooners wrote:

Lol, oh boy, if you can't spell phone, and ur playin BF2....
TFSlott
+2|6157

bombardier9999 wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Lol, oh boy, if you can't spell phone, and ur playin BF2....
Sorry mate - I'm danish and we danes call it a "mikrofon" in danish with the "f". Quite close to the english version. Now I'll stick with the wrong spelling - but thx for telling me :-)

X-Fi USB is not combatible with Vista. As for what I've found out.

Btw I haven't installed XP yet. I'll wait 'till after cristmas. I have this funny feeling, that Santa is coming with COD4 and I just want to see how it runs with Vista. Actually I think I'll leave BF2 behind after cristmas, playing COD4 instead.

Last edited by TFSlott (2007-12-14 21:39:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard