paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6758
I have just been thinking about field upgrades you get in game when your in a squad, what I wonder if they should be upgrades you can only unlock and use as field upgrades?

I myself have been playing for awhile and have everything unlock and I guess a lot people have everything too, so My idea would be that the upgrades stay the same, but there an extra one you can on unlock for each class by getting the field upgrade for being in a squad and you have everything else unlocked.

Now the upgrade would disappear as soon as you leave the server and would only be unlocked by being in a squad and getting the field upgrade and it isn't unlocked permanently, this should promote more squad play.

What do you guys think?
psH
Banned
+217|6401|Sydney
I don't play 2142 anymore, but that is a very good idea. Good thinking dude
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6614|Michigan, USA
Makes some sense, but in another way what is really left to unlock?  I havent been able to think of anything really that could make much of a difference.  Mabye getting a more powerful smg for anti Tank, mabye a drone that follows you around and auto heals you and nearby teamates for medic.   Im out of ideas that you could add, but for people like us out of the unlocks it would be nice, give us something to look foward to while in a squad.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51
Maybe a drone for vehicles? Repair drone ur something? As in command and conquer generals? they get repair drones. And more I can' think off..
Dimaxx099
+8|6351|Uae-Ukraine
Unlock a personal Walker 
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6758
Sniper - Silenced Pistol or laser sight

Assualt - some sort of future flashbang

Engineer - I like the idea above of a repair drone for vehicles

Support - tripod for setting gun on walls

Or just let people carry 3 unlocks instead of 2
r2zoo
+126|6614|Michigan, USA

paranoid101 wrote:

Sniper - Silenced Pistol or laser sight

Assualt - some sort of future flashbang

Engineer - I like the idea above of a repair drone for vehicles

Support - tripod for setting gun on walls

Or just let people carry 3 unlocks instead of 2
3 Unlocks would be nice

Settings gun turrets on walls is good also, as well as the flashbangs.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
I'd like to see some form of medic drone, though a squad of 6 meds, with these equipped would be a bit hard to kill.

i don't think a more powerful SMG is needed, the stock ones rip stuff up fine as it is.

Maybe dual pistols, or automatic pistols would be nice
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6567|UK

Thing is tho, field upgrades come in droves, if you are in a 6 man squad, you can go away have a beer come back and have them all

Martyn
Magius5.0
+106|6399|UMass Amherst
Level six unlocks...the perfect number.

Sniper: High Explosive rounds (maximum capacity of three rounds) that guarantee an instant kill assuming they hit the torso, chest or head.  No resurrection, considering they've been ripped apart.

Engineer: Demo packs similar to Snipers, but more powerful and capable of ripping apart tanks and walkers.  Also capable of destroying sections of bridges (wish we had that back again, like in BF2), limit one demo pack per engineer.

Assault: Personal defense shields similar to most vehicles, but capable of protecting an individual against light munitions similar to the shield a support gunner can deploy.  Cannot fire while being shielded and shield lasts five seconds, with a lengthy recharge time.

Support:   do they really need anything else?  lol
r2zoo
+126|6614|Michigan, USA

Magius5.0 wrote:

Sniper: High Explosive rounds (maximum capacity of three rounds) that guarantee an instant kill assuming they hit the torso, chest or head.  No resurrection, considering they've been ripped apart.
Sounds good, but would be nerfed immediatly by the noobs

Engineer: Demo packs similar to Snipers, but more powerful and capable of ripping apart tanks and walkers.  Also capable of destroying sections of bridges (wish we had that back again, like in BF2), limit one demo pack per engineer.
Fantastic idea, but engineers already got enough stuff to completely wreck any vehicle they come across

Assault: Personal defense shields similar to most vehicles, but capable of protecting an individual against light munitions similar to the shield a support gunner can deploy.  Cannot fire while being shielded and shield lasts five seconds, with a lengthy recharge time.
another great idea, and one that could actually work pretty well

Yes, a gun turret that actually hits things
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6609|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Magius5.0 wrote:

Let's noob up the game even more!
Longbow
+163|6664|Odessa, Ukraine
the only thing I really miss is an auto pistol ... though I rarely play 2142 now

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard